London,ON, Looking 4 someone 2 help with poss. structural issue.

2 Replies

I am not sure where I should be posting this, so I put it here.  Sorry if it is not in the best category. We had some roof work done about 4 years back, putting a peaked roof over a flat roof (flat roof leaked, we had it repaired, it leaked more...lawsuit, blah, blah, blah...ended with peaking the roof). We are experiencing cracking, and what looks like possible water damage inside the house on the upper floor ceiling. There are no pipes in the area, and the space between the peaked roof and flat roof is completely dry. I am looking for someone in the London area to come and look at the situation and determine what the issue is. Do you have any recommendations as to who I should contact to figure out what is going on before we start ripping the house apart?

Thanks,

Rob

hey Rob. I'm a red seal roofer by trade and it sounds to me like you may have a double vapor barrier happening. It can be a simple fix if  you have access to the old flat roof in the attic space.   But as a recommendation I would tell you to get a hold of the Ontario roofers contractors association and get them to recommend a good local FLAT roofer in your area.  Call them and ask for some advice....theyll have a better idea than just a shingle contractor.

Crca is also a good source. They are the list for Canadian roofing contractors association. Canada wide.

Hope it helps

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.