Pro Member
  • Banker
  • Nationwide
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Banker
  • Nationwide
Replied Apr 7 2023, 22:56

It depends on your current situation are you in a conventioanl, FHA or VA loan? If conventional FHA is a great way to get into a 2-4 unit and only put 3.5% down. If you are currently in an FHA loan going from SFR to Multifamily is going to be a hard sell unless 2-4 unit homes are common to the neighborhood.

If you need any cash I would refinance the home before you move out so that your getting the primary home rate and higher LTV. That is also a good way to get out of an FHA loan and into a conventional loan to free up your FHA options as well.

User Stats

Votes
Doug Spence
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Apr 8 2023, 11:17

@Julio Lara I recommend reading David Greene's BRRRR book. Its a wealth of info, and I used it as my playbook for the two BRRRR's I did. I also recommend searching the forums for the keyword "BRRRR" so you can see what others have done, lessons they have learned, etc.

Also there are many podcast episodes out there that talk about the BRRRR strategy. G

Good luck and keep us updated on your journey!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Julio Lara
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Rhode island
Votes |
  • Rhode island
Replied Apr 8 2023, 17:43

FHA boss. i took advantage of the 3.15% APR it be stupid for me to sell and go for bigger in i Higher interest rate.

User Stats

Votes
Julio Lara
  • Rhode island
Votes |
  • Rhode island
Replied Apr 8 2023, 17:44

im going to check that book out. thank you