Are people still using BRRRR in todays market?

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Springfield, MO · Member since 2023 · 28 posts · 19 votes
1y

I am still seeing clients every day doing full BRRRR method successfully. Rates at this time last year were slightly higher than they are now, but overall cashflow isn't bad from what I've been seeing. Properties are still cash flowing well with rates in the 6-8% range.

See this reply in the discussion

16 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2020 · 414 posts · 233 votes
    1y

    Dilan - numbers are tight for BRRRRs right now. Deals for partial BRRRRs can be found, but their competitive and numbers pencil around break even cashflow. Full BRRRRs you need to be off market, direct to seller in my opinion.

  • Lender · Springfield, MO · Member since 2023 · 28 posts · 19 votes
    1y

    I am still seeing clients every day doing full BRRRR method successfully. Rates at this time last year were slightly higher than they are now, but overall cashflow isn't bad from what I've been seeing. Properties are still cash flowing well with rates in the 6-8% range.

  • Erik EstradaBusiness Member
    Lender · Member since 2022 · 6k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    Yea they still exist, but you have to be really dialed into your market. I am seeing a lot of the newer investors fall off since it is really competitive and the higher rates make it difficult to DSCR.

    LuxePrivate Investments LLC 572 Reviews
  • Real Estate Broker · Alpharetta, GA · Member since 2024 · 19 posts · 7 votes
    1y

    It's tougher, but there are still deals to be had. I'm on the market now and I've seen a number of options that I am currently exploring that would allow me to partially take out some of the cash. You will likely have more success off-market.

    • Member since 2023 · 38 posts · 29 votes
      1y

      @Account Closed hi ! Which area are you looking at and where do you look for properties/deals?

  • Member since 2025 · 77 posts · 15 votes
    1y

    Yes, the BRRRR method is still being used, but it's tougher in today's market due to higher rates and increased competition. Deals are still out there, but they often require being very tuned into your local market. Some investors are seeing success by focusing on off-market deals or partially cashing out. It's all about making sure the numbers work in this higher-rate environment!

  • Investor · Member since 2024 · 83 posts · 58 votes
    1y

    Dilan, 

    Absolutely!!! and I can confidently speak from experience. My husband and I have been using the BRRRR method successfully for nearly 2 years, and even in this past year, with rising interest rates, we've continued to grow our portfolio, adding multiple doors, including properties in and around the Atlanta area.

    The key is knowing how to strategically buy in today's market. Yes, rates have gone up, but so have rents and demand for quality housing. With the right buy box, a solid rehab plan, and access to flexible financing or private money, BRRRR is still very much alive and working. In fact, some of the best deals we've found have come during times when others pulled back due to uncertainty.

    Success in this climate just requires a more refined approach: being crystal clear on ARV comps, conservative in rehab budgets, and creative in your financing strategy.

    I also teach others how to make this method work, even in tighter markets or with limited upfront capital. Happy to share insights or point you to some real examples if that helps!

  • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    1y

    In my area they do exist but cashflow is low or none. Nicer areas/suburbs it's more common to have to bring cash to close. It's not like it was a few years ago, it was a unicorn time then

  • Matthew TysonPro Member
    Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2022 · 43 posts · 42 votes
    1y

    yes, it is tougher but very do-able. have to be strict with the purchase and rehab. Can't really afford any mistakes. Also have to nail down the rental and ARV. They are thin but I have had success over the last 12 months. Just have to cook everything in and hammer away at the sales price. It is tough with wholesalers who obviously are trying to wholesale for retail like prices and MLS sellers selling properties, that can only be bought cash becuase of the condition they are in, for delusional prices. Just start throwing offers at the wall, stick to it, and don't get emotianlly attached.

  • David HolcombeBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 35 posts · 25 votes
    1y

    You can definitely still BRRR in today's market but it's likely you'll need to leave some money in each deal. You'll be able to cash out some, but not all of your initial investment in most cases, unless you really added a lot of value.

    David Holcombe - Holcombe Real Estate53 Reviews
  • Investor · Los Angeles CA, USA · Member since 2024 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    1y

    @Laura Navaquin where do you guys invest? 

    I am working on a property that is rented out and am working on updating the cosmetics but want to understand what to focus on and how to best estimate ARVs. My property is also in atlanta. 

  • Lender · Nationwide · Member since 2023 · 362 posts · 237 votes
    1y

    While its definitely more difficult to pull off full BRRRRs and even much more difficult to stay cash flow positive, I'm seeing it happen, but it highly depends on the market. Many markets are saturated so the opportunities aren't there. I have clients that pull this off in Detroit and Memphis. Happy to connect and share resources.

  • Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    1y

    I don't have enough capital to do the brrrr method, most are cash offers needing cash upfront then rehab in itself is a headache 

  • Michael SmytheBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Metro Detroit · Member since 2023 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    1y

    @Ava-Nicole Pollazzi you don't need to buy all cash! 

    Why can't you use a DSCR Renovation loan?

    Logical Property Management4.9453 Reviews
    • Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 0 votes
      1y

      @Michael Smythe I looked into it and they still require 20-25% down which I don't have for this commercial property unfortunately. It also says strictly for investment property use and I might have to live in one of the units 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.