Investing from Australia, BRRRR!

Investing from Australia, BRRRR!

Member since 2020 路 18 posts 路 10 votes

Hi everyone.

I am a beginner investor from Sydney Australia.

My plan is to set up a LLC and BRRRR in Michigan, Northern Ohio and Western New York ; Lake Erie surroundings :)

I'm looking for anyone I can take this journey together or share own story with me.

I don't really know anyone there, I did live in Buffalo for 4 years when I was in Uni though! ,so if you are a local or have invested there or you are in any industry relevant like Realtor or contactors, please connect with me.

Also any tips would be great please 馃槉

5Reply
48 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker 路 Kansas City Metro 路 Member since 2015 路 2k+ posts 路 1k+ votes
6y

@Tae Kim to add what @Remington Lyman said there is also several books out there on out of state investing. I have read and can recommend David Greene's book on Out of State investing. It takes a deep dive in to what exactly you should look for an how to get it done. The key is taking action, not just learning but doing. 

See this reply in the discussion

31 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Engelo RumoraBusiness Member
    Investor 路 Toledo, OH 路 Member since 2013 路 4k+ posts 路 2k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Tae Kim:

    Hi everyone.

    I am a beginner investor from Sydney Australia.

    My plan is to set up a LLC and BRRRR in Michigan, Northern Ohio and Western New York ; Lake Erie surroundings :)

    I'm looking for anyone I can take this journey together or share own story with me.

    I don't really know anyone there, I did live in Buffalo for 4 years when I was in Uni though! ,so if you are a local or have invested there or you are in any industry relevant like Realtor or contactors, please connect with me.

    Also any tips would be great please 馃槉

    Hey mate,

    I took the plunge and moved from the beautiful Northern beaches (Manly) to Kansas City.

    Followed by a move to Toledo, Ohio.

    Bought, renovated and sold 1,000+ properties and unofficially retired 2 years ago.

    My best advice would be to move to the US and set up shop where you are looking to invest.

    IMO if you don't do that, you will be in a world of trouble and if you do manage to somehow invest successfully from afar.

    You progress will be delayed significantly.

    You can't beat being here in person and "touching" the entire process first hand.

    I wish you much success

  • Member since 2020 路 18 posts 路 10 votes
    6y

    @Engelo Rumora

    Thank you Engelo. :)

    How did you move to the US? Was it easy or did you have to wait until you had enough investment to be qualified?

    Thank you

  • Engelo RumoraBusiness Member
    Investor 路 Toledo, OH 路 Member since 2013 路 4k+ posts 路 2k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Tae Kim:

    @Engelo Rumora

    Thank you Engelo. :)

    How did you move to the US? Was it easy or did you have to wait until you had enough investment to be qualified?

    Thank you

    4 different visa's and $50,000+ to an immigration attorney lol

    It's a $#@% show mate

    All the best

  • Bellingham, WA 路 Member since 2018 路 80 posts 路 26 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Tess L.:

    ...There's a company called Northwest Registered Agent, they have a website that has the forms and good explanations....

     Thanks for sharing this Tess! I'm checking out their site and this is a really great resource.

  • Member since 2020 路 18 posts 路 10 votes
    6y

    @Engelo Rumora

    Haha nice :) I was thinking about the E2 visa so that I can take my fam over there for a year or two for overseas experience :)

    Not sure anyone have any idea?

    , but then maybe I'm in the wrong website :)

    Have a good wkend mate :)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.