Multiple Google voice numbers?

11 Replies

I want to get local numbers in the multiple markets where I will send direct mail. Is it possible to get multiple google voice numbers on one google account? I want them all to forward to one cell phone. Or is it necessary to set up multiple google accounts?

Or is the better option to get local numbers via RingCentral where I have an 800 number set up?

Thanks!

@Jim Tiernan - I don't think 800 numbers have much value any more, given that most people's phone plans include national minutes. That might just be me, though. As for getting multiple G-voice numbers, I'm not certain, but I think you can only have one per account.

the problem with google voice is that there are ways to get multiple phone numbers (by setting up multiple gmail accounts). However you can only forward one Google Voice phone number to your cell phone number.

If you try forwarding multiple numberse you will get a message saying something like "The phone number you are trying to forward to is already in use".

Sucks but I guess they do it for a reason.

Thanks @Joshua Dorkin and @Scott Costello .

I guess I will go with RingCentral in the markets where I need local numbers. I think I saw they are $4.99 a month each.

Ring Central's local numbers can be set up as fax too. One less number for others to remember when corresponding with you. Their interface has lots of customization but can be overwhelming. Talk to their tech support if you need help configuring. They are pretty friendly. Outsourced overseas. They do try to get you to self-service as much as possible.

The advantage of 1800 number is the caller can't block their ID, you can always call them back.  However, for those who block their ID, most likely they are not motivated sellers.

@Jim Tiernan    My solution to the one Google Voice number is a service called www.vumber.com

You definitely cannot have multiple numbers per Google accounts and like Scott mentioned an external can only be linked to one GV account at a time. It's a PITA to keep track of multiple accounts too

I have 3 google voice accounts (1 # /account) and when a saved contact from my personal account calls me my phone won't recognize it for voicemails or if they call my GV #. It really is a headache. Maybe I'll try these alternatives. 

FYI I moved to CALLRAIL, so far so good. 10 local numbers for $30 a month

@Jim Tiernan What you may be able to do, if you have android, is set up several google accounts, and get local google voice numbers on each account, and then log into all the accounts via the hangouts app. I can't be 100% sure it will work, but it may be worth a shot, I know you can be logged into hangouts with multiple google accounts, but I don't have multiple google voice numbers to try it with, so...

This post has been removed.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.