Alright y'all, I've spent the last couple of months networking networking networking. I've finally found a great mentor that wants to get me licensed and help me get into commercial real estate eventually. So this morning I spent a few hours and built this mock real estate agent website, mainly as practice for my future self and possibly to see if some of my connections would want me to build one for them in a kind of I scratch your back you scratch mine manner. So if you all wouldn't mind to take a look at the website and tell me what you like and dislike, so I know what to do going forward to market myself when I'm licensed. The website is zachblackburn.com
Any and all advice is wonderful, I need criticism. I couldn't post actual listings or describe my self as an actual agent because it's against the law. I have a code to connect the MLS to my search as well, but it's illegal for me to do that unless I'm licensed under a broker. Thanks for the help everyone.
@Account Closed I really love it. I wish I had something to offer you to make you my web guy! I just had a new site built, and yours is very comparable to the one I just spent very good money to have done. I'm sure any contacts you make will love the basic design, and I'm sure each agent or real estate investor will have a few tweaks for things they will need to make the site their own.
Nice looking site @Account Closed
Nice! Its clean unlike a lot of real estate websites. @Account Closed
@Account Closed looks great!
1. The Real Spaces theme is a good theme with good support from the developer so you should be fine using this for yourself or future sites you may build.
2. Adding your actual email address to the header or anywhere else on the site usually leads to a lot of spam, you can test this to see how things go but you may find yourself wanting to link this to an actual contact form with Captcha. Wordpress is an amazing platform but its popularity brings on a ton of spam so this is one thing you can change to stop "most" of it.
3. Business News is a great idea and I know this is a mock site but eventually if you can get real content in there rather than the feeds, this will have huge benefits from an SEO standpoint. The feeds you have now are great for a temporary solution but start building some unique content on this domain sooner rather than later and you will start gaining credibility with the search engines. If you plan on building sites for others, finding a good writer may be a good idea. This will establish each site as a thought-leader in the search engines eyes. If you can provide this for your clients, this will create huge value.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate
Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing