Lead Generating Websites

1 Reply

Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of setting up a website to generate leads. I know Investor Carrot and Lead Propeller are some of the more popular template sites used by investors. These cost around $50/month for a single site. I could build my own site using something like wix or squarespace for a much cheaper monthly charge around 1/5 of the cost. Is Investor Carrot, Lead Propeller or a similar website system worth the cost, or would you recommend trying to build my own?

Thanks in advance!

@Andrew Balogh

Andrew - I highly recommend you don't build the site on your own. I have a tech background, with web programming, computer engineering, before full time investment.

First - the assumption that your even saving money might end up not being the case. Websites are always evolving with best practices, and fact is sometimes things break. You are either going to be spending a bunch of time - or paying someone else. You might very well end-up net negative. With InvestorCarrot at least, there is daily support. I can hope on pretty much at a moments notice, and get someone to help me. For example, I've tested our services like WVO, LiveChat, some CRM integration scripts. Guys at InvestorCarrot helped set it up. They can also provide guidance on things like setting up conversion tracking. I don't think InvestorCarrot is a replacement for understanding on your own how things work - but does it help with getting quick free tech solutions? Hell yes.

Second - you shouldn't really delay. I would say that - everyone I have recommended for InvestorCarrot never looked back. I'm a neutral party - there are some advantages to not doing InvestorCarrot. I think that sounds good in people's heads, but the amount of work to do it right, I would say 75% of the people I've chatted with that decided to go that route either for cost savings or customization - didn't follow through. Too much work and stress. 

Third - I can't speak for your design skills - but I could imagine it not coming out as clean as more cookie-cutter site unless you hire someone or spend quite a bit of time/energy on it.

Fourth - I've tested my Page Speed against my competitors (big SEO thing). My Carrot site out-performed competitors.

I'd spend a bit more attention focusing on ranking or driving traffic verses (that's really the hard part). Doing good/successful SEO/online ads. I wouldn't get too caught up in this other stuff.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.