Website Link in Letter

Website Link in Letter

Real Estate Agent · Washington, DC · Member since 2016 · 126 posts · 34 votes
Hey BP, I know a phone call is more effective than filling out a form online but do you suggest including my website in my direct mail campaign? What are the pros and cons ?
1Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
8y

Let's do some math.

SEO + Credibility = Deals

You need SEO and Credibility to make deals.

If you do direct mail marketing, you can substitute DMM for SEO.

So the ew Equation becomes:

DMM + Credibility = Deals.

SEO (or DMM) purpose is to be in front of potential sellers when thy need you.

Credibility is whatever that "thing" is that made them decide to sign the form, call you, email you etc. etc.

You need both.

Proof?

Without SEO (DMM) no one will even see you, find you, know of you. If no one sees you, how are you going to make a deal?

Without Credibility, ..

well here is a reverse proof. If Credibility was not an issue, all it would take to sign a deal is get a loudspeaker and yell "I buy yo house for cash", and people would flock to you with their home addresses.

Without credibility, all you would have to do is send a mailer, and every person that sees the mailer would call you. THis is not the case is it..

So there you have it. That is proof that you need both Credibility and SEO (or DMM, or door knocking or word of mouth or...)

So yes, you put your website on your mailer. Keep i mind this may hurt you if your website just stinks !

See this reply in the discussion

15 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y

    Postcards yes make certain that you have a brandable site name. Remember the internet is a HUGE phone book...

    What I would do is have multiple methods of contact.

    • Phone 
    • Text 
    • Website
      • forms
      • chat

    On text use a shortcode when possible. Shortcodes are 5-6 digit numbers, example, 818181 the easier to remember the better. Longcodes are telephone numbers. Harder to remember.

    And by all means have campaigns attached to all points of contact. So if someone calls you it launches a series of reply items  automatically, if they fill out a form on your web site it does the same. if they chat the same thing happens and if they text, and everyone does have a campaign hooked to that too.

    And make every part of your site brandable, loaded with triggers...

  • Real Estate Agent · Washington, DC · Member since 2016 · 126 posts · 34 votes
    8y
    Thanks Michael. I won’t be using post cards though.
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y

    Let's do some math.

    SEO + Credibility = Deals

    You need SEO and Credibility to make deals.

    If you do direct mail marketing, you can substitute DMM for SEO.

    So the ew Equation becomes:

    DMM + Credibility = Deals.

    SEO (or DMM) purpose is to be in front of potential sellers when thy need you.

    Credibility is whatever that "thing" is that made them decide to sign the form, call you, email you etc. etc.

    You need both.

    Proof?

    Without SEO (DMM) no one will even see you, find you, know of you. If no one sees you, how are you going to make a deal?

    Without Credibility, ..

    well here is a reverse proof. If Credibility was not an issue, all it would take to sign a deal is get a loudspeaker and yell "I buy yo house for cash", and people would flock to you with their home addresses.

    Without credibility, all you would have to do is send a mailer, and every person that sees the mailer would call you. THis is not the case is it..

    So there you have it. That is proof that you need both Credibility and SEO (or DMM, or door knocking or word of mouth or...)

    So yes, you put your website on your mailer. Keep i mind this may hurt you if your website just stinks !

  • Specialist · Branford, CT · Member since 2018 · 222 posts · 121 votes
    8y

    @Account Closed I can't think of any cons of including your website. And don't forget your email.

    There are a lot of people out there who might have a spark of interest but aren't ready to fully commit to submitting themselves to making a phone call to get a sales pitch. 

    Make it easy to learn more and in this world of email and text that they don't have to actually talk to someone as first contact.

    What sort of list are you sending to? 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Chrissy Parsons:

    @Account Closed I can't think of any cons of including your website. And don't forget your email.

    There are a lot of people out there who might have a spark of interest but aren't ready to fully commit to submitting themselves to making a phone call to get a sales pitch. 

    Make it easy to learn more and in this world of email and text that they don't have to actually talk to someone as first contact.

    What sort of list are you sending to? 

     There are plenty of cons including a website. I have seen websites that seriously make me question if these people want leads or try to scare them away.

    If your website is not helping your credibility it is doing damage. You don't just need a website. You need an AMAZING website!

  • Real Estate Agent · Washington, DC · Member since 2016 · 126 posts · 34 votes
    8y
    Thanks Michael. I’m using letters though. I’m using Investor Carrot for my website. It’s preety solid.

    Originally posted by @Michael Quarles:

    Postcards yes make certain that you have a brandable site name. Remember the internet is a HUGE phone book...

    What I would do is have multiple methods of contact.

    • Phone 
    • Text 
    • Website
      • forms
      • chat

    On text use a shortcode when possible. Shortcodes are 5-6 digit numbers, example, 818181 the easier to remember the better. Longcodes are telephone numbers. Harder to remember.

    And by all means have campaigns attached to all points of contact. So if someone calls you it launches a series of reply items  automatically, if they fill out a form on your web site it does the same. if they chat the same thing happens and if they text, and everyone does have a campaign hooked to that too.

    And make every part of your site brandable, loaded with triggers...

  • Real Estate Agent · Washington, DC · Member since 2016 · 126 posts · 34 votes
    8y
    I’m using investor carrot for my website. It’s solid and informative. 
    Originally posted by @Jerryll Noorden:
    Originally posted by @Chrissy Parsons:

    @Account Closed I can't think of any cons of including your website. And don't forget your email.

    There are a lot of people out there who might have a spark of interest but aren't ready to fully commit to submitting themselves to making a phone call to get a sales pitch. 

    Make it easy to learn more and in this world of email and text that they don't have to actually talk to someone as first contact.

    What sort of list are you sending to? 

     There are plenty of cons including a website. I have seen websites that seriously make me question if these people want leads or try to scare them away.

    If your website is not helping your credibility it is doing damage. You don't just need a website. You need an AMAZING website!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:
    Originally posted by @Chrissy Parsons:

    @Account Closed I can't think of any cons of including your website. And don't forget your email.

    There are a lot of people out there who might have a spark of interest but aren't ready to fully commit to submitting themselves to making a phone call to get a sales pitch. 

    Make it easy to learn more and in this world of email and text that they don't have to actually talk to someone as first contact.

    What sort of list are you sending to? 

     There are plenty of cons including a website. I have seen websites that seriously make me question if these people want leads or try to scare them away.

    If your website is not helping your credibility it is doing damage. You don't just need a website. You need an AMAZING website!

     I am not being insulting here mind you...

    How do you know it is solid and informative?

    Are you getting leads from it?

    Are you monitoring it?

    I am getting a ton of leads on mine and I don't think mine is solid yet by far!

    The second I have the same numbers as a successful google ad campaign, organically, only THEN would I start thinking my site is OK

  • Real Estate Agent · Washington, DC · Member since 2016 · 126 posts · 34 votes
    8y
    I purchased like 2 weeks ago. So now I have to do some leg work to maximize its use. We’ll see. I was referring to the content and set up. Do you have any suggestions for website builders?

    Originally posted by @Jerryll Noorden:
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:
    I’m using investor carrot for my website. It’s solid and informative. 
    Originally posted by @Jerryll Noorden:
    Originally posted by @Chrissy Parsons:

    @Account Closed I can't think of any cons of including your website. And don't forget your email.

    There are a lot of people out there who might have a spark of interest but aren't ready to fully commit to submitting themselves to making a phone call to get a sales pitch. 

    Make it easy to learn more and in this world of email and text that they don't have to actually talk to someone as first contact.

    What sort of list are you sending to? 

     There are plenty of cons including a website. I have seen websites that seriously make me question if these people want leads or try to scare them away.

    If your website is not helping your credibility it is doing damage. You don't just need a website. You need an AMAZING website!

     I am not being insulting here mind you...

    How do you know it is solid and informative?

    Are you getting leads from it?

    Are you monitoring it?

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:
    I purchased like 2 weeks ago. So now I have to do some leg work to maximize its use. We’ll see. I was referring to the content and set up. Do you have any suggestions for website builders?

    Originally posted by @Jerryll Noorden:
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:
    I’m using investor carrot for my website. It’s solid and informative. 
    Originally posted by @Jerryll Noorden:
    Originally posted by @Chrissy Parsons:

    @Account Closed I can't think of any cons of including your website. And don't forget your email.

    There are a lot of people out there who might have a spark of interest but aren't ready to fully commit to submitting themselves to making a phone call to get a sales pitch. 

    Make it easy to learn more and in this world of email and text that they don't have to actually talk to someone as first contact.

    What sort of list are you sending to? 

     There are plenty of cons including a website. I have seen websites that seriously make me question if these people want leads or try to scare them away.

    If your website is not helping your credibility it is doing damage. You don't just need a website. You need an AMAZING website!

     I am not being insulting here mind you...

    How do you know it is solid and informative?

    Are you getting leads from it?

    Are you monitoring it?

     Ahh got it.

    Well first thing you should do is get that link of your site here on BP. You will have one backlink (no follow) but it counts as a citation.

    IC strongly suggests you do not reinvent the wheel, and I have to agree. I didn't follow their advice, because I know I could do better.

    At least, I think I did better. 

    What you should be doing is rewrite every paragraph in your own words, change all pictures (stock) and replace them with your own. Make your site unique and not a generic template.

    Write your own content because no company on this planet will do as much work on it, you would do. (A big reason why I dominate google in my market).

    Work on it daily. I can give you pointers in pvt if you like.

  • Real Estate Agent · Washington, DC · Member since 2016 · 126 posts · 34 votes
    8y
    Owner occupied age 65 and older that have owned there residence at least 10 years.

    Originally posted by @Chrissy Parsons:

    @Account Closed I can't think of any cons of including your website. And don't forget your email.

    There are a lot of people out there who might have a spark of interest but aren't ready to fully commit to submitting themselves to making a phone call to get a sales pitch. 

    Make it easy to learn more and in this world of email and text that they don't have to actually talk to someone as first contact.

    What sort of list are you sending to? 

  • Specialist · Branford, CT · Member since 2018 · 222 posts · 121 votes
    8y

    @Account Closed Seniors are a good target as they are often ready to downsize or transition to assistance. If you can, you might try a longer residence so there is less chance that they have already downsized.

  • Real Estate Agent · Washington, DC · Member since 2016 · 126 posts · 34 votes
    8y
    You mean targeting homeowners with 15 plus years rather than 10 plus years?

    Originally posted by @Chrissy Parsons:

    @Account Closed Seniors are a good target as they are often ready to downsize or transition to assistance. If you can, you might try a longer residence so there is less chance that they have already downsized.

  • Specialist · Branford, CT · Member since 2018 · 222 posts · 121 votes
    8y

    I'll PM you

  • Trevor MauchPro Member
    Investor · Roseburg, OR · Member since 2014 · 141 posts · 149 votes
    8y
    Phillip Amaechi great question! We see over 50,000 online leads a month come through our platform and talk with dozens of the largest home investors in the country and here is what we have found... 1. No matter if you put a website or not on your off-line marketing, many people pick up their phone and Google ANY identifiable information they can find on that marketing piece. Phone number (even if it’s a tracking phone number), Company name, your name if it’s on there, etc. and your website should rank well for all of those things, be amazing on mobile devices, and be set up to build credibility and convert the searcher into a lead at a high rate. Most websites don’t do this well. 2. I talked with a client in Virginia a couple days ago, who is doing about 20 deals per month. He does a ton of off-line marketing in TV, radio, and direct mail. He said once he started putting his well designed hi converting mobile optimized website on His direct mail pieces, he started to get more leads from his direct mail and those leads closed at a higher ratio then ones that called in on the phone. Why? Because a lot of people need questions answered and want to explore before they make the decision to become a lead. They don’t know what they are going to get on the other end of the phone. But if your website is set up to show who you are, build credibility, and add transparency to the process, when they do reach out to you they are already presold. So if you do not have a high converting and highly mobile optimized website in conjunction with your off-line marketing you are definitely losing leads and deals. There’s no doubt. A few things to do on your site: 1. Converts high on mobile devices: Your website must load fast on cell phones so don’t use cheap web hosting or this free website builders. They slow down load times. Also make sure your call to action area is very high on the page and is very easy to use. We have optimized our process at Investor Carrot to perform really well on mobile devices. 2. Have a great “about” page: The 3rd most visited page on all of the websites on our platform no matter what type of visitor it’s going after (buyers, sellers, etc) is the About Page. After your prospect sees that you likely have a service that can solve the problem, then they go on the journey to see if they want to work with you. That’s where credibility on your website and a good about Page come in play. 3. Make it crazy easy to navigate on mobile: Since most people getting direct mail will pick up their phone to do the research rather than going to a computer (our data shows over 60%) you can’t have a big long form on your website. And it needs to be very very easy to use your opt in form and navigate the site. I can send you some examples to model or a training that is free that shows you how to set it up correctly. Just DM me and I’d be happy to send your way. Reach out if I can help you in anyway! We work with some of the biggest investors in the country to amplify their off-line marketing with a good online strategy. Go get em!!!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.