Skip to content
Marketing Your Property

User Stats

Votes
Robert J.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Eugene/ Springfield, OR
Votes |
How would you start paid advertising or would you?

Robert J.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Eugene/ Springfield, OR
Posted Jan 17 2020, 20:17

What i've tried - Deal Machine / Driving for dollars. Didn't find it to be worth the cost. i had somewhere between 150-200 properties added on deal machine that i hit with 6-7 postcards and got a 0% response rate. I got probably 15-20 post cards sent back with bad information and when i got the first couple postcards back they were badly smudged and almost unreadable in some sections. I figured this was a bad print or since it rains a lot here in the pnw that it was an accident. but over the course of the next few months every postcard i got back was badly smudged and felt like it wasn't very appealing or coming across as professional (i also had my website listed on the postcards)

I've got a carrot website and have started the SEO content packages and have had that up since June. I've done some content posts with it and want to hopefully be able to do youtube stuff but i'm really terrible at anything media like. I didn't plan on any major traction from that for the first year at least but the visitors in month 6 or 7 is like 3-5 a month. I definitely thought it would be more. I'm hoping to do more PPC and eventually get quality SEO management but i'm not sure if i can afford it. 

What i'm doing now - I've got a small marketing budget of 3-5k (total - unless a deal comes in) and i've got a person who drives around for me now sending me the foreclosures she's serving and any vacant properties she comes across and she's agreed to a fee once i close a deal (Sent about 20 properties so far).

I'm still driving for dollars when i can using landglide and truepeople to find owners and call or mail them. (had an owner i talked to today that said he just signed papers to sell his familys house he inherited, if i called a day earlier it could have been me!)

I'm interested in starting a direct mail and or ppc campaign that i can start to drive leads and get in front of sellers but i'm not sure how or what. there is so much out there and i'd like it to be as automated as possible. listsource and yellow letters? Has anyone hired the PPC companies on Carrots website? Anyone in the same boat just make a leap and have success with one thing? 

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

(PS - this would be for flipping/holding)

Loading replies...