Using Carrot.com for Multifamily Leads

9 Replies

Hello BP,

I recently started using Investor Carrot in an effort to generate motivated multifamily seller leads. Their website service is great however most of their content is pre-written and geared towards single family residential leads rather than multifamily. My question is has anybody attempted to use the Investor Carrot site to go after multifamily leads with any success? Thanks for your time!

Originally posted by @Luke Rorech :

Hey @Parker Larsen . I’m thinking of using carrot as well for MF. How’s yours been treating you?

I don't think you understand the concept.

"Using carrot for multifamily leads".

That sentence makes little sense.

Carrot is a host. They host your website so it is published online. Carrot is not a "website".

You are supposed to write your own content. It is not "carrot" that get you leads. It is how you design and write your content on your website that will get you leads.

Furthermore there is no difference between multifamily, single family, dog, tree snot or poop. To Google those are just bits flowing through their algorithm.

You can't ask "using carrot for motivated seller leads".

That has nothing to do with carrot. it has to do with ranking for the right keyword, AND your content on your website designed the right way to convince motivated sellers that have a multifamily to chose you to sell their house to.

It is not some voodoo magic. You need to create your website in such a way that it ranks #1 for the right keywords (search intent) and that your traffic finds YOU credible.

Hope you get what I am saying here.

@Jerryll Noorden 9 months ago when I wrote this post I had just begun my SEO journey and was shopping between different web hosts to start my business. At the time, I was greener than grass and can see how my question was misguided and confused. Buuuut enough about the past! Today, I sit in the number #1 google ranked position for my key word in my target market "sell my house fast Santa Cruz CA" - much thanks to Carrot.com!

@Luke Rorech One of the best parts of Carrot.com is the content they create for your blog on a monthly basis. The SEO value of these articles is IMMENSE (and a big reason why their users hold so many #1 positions in search for their keywords). I would have not climbed the ranking as fast as I did without this amazing feature and their SEO educational materials. These articles are centered around motivated sellers, cash buyers, lease option, and private lender topics - all mostly geared around a SFR wholesale or realtor business.

Now, how does multifamily fit into the equation...?

Fact of the matter is people aren't using the internet to find buyers for their multifamily properties and apartment buildings. Keyword analysis and research shows that to be the case. There is a portion of the created carrot.com blog content that is geared towards building rapport and partnering with potential investors. THIS is how you play the multifamily SEO game. There is no shortage of investors looking to pile their money into multifamily real estate investments. Use the Carrot.com site and related investor magnet articles to build rapport and raise funds from investors that then can be used to buy multifamily properties found through other marketing techniques (relationships with brokers, direct mail, driving for dollars, etc). I hope this gives you a little more insight into the real estate SEO process and am more than happy to discuss over a phone call or PM!

Teaser: "Promote in SEO not one, but many key phrases." ==

@Parker Larsen  wrote: "At the time, I was greener than grass and can see how my question was misguided and confused. Buuuut enough about the past! Today, I sit in the number #1 google ranked position for my key word in my target market "sell my house fast Santa Cruz CA" - much thanks to Carrot.com!"

Good for you for mastering the website. But webmastering is a big and complex topic. Be prepared that 9 months is not the pinnacle, but only the beginning of your big journey to the perfect website.

You have the next 2 steps to take.

Step 1. More keyword phrases

The phrase "sell my house fast " is iconic among investors, but not the only one. Note that @Jerryll Noorden  demonstrates the effectiveness of his SEO on a good dozen keyword phrases.. You have to work with other equally important queries, too.

Step 2. Website engine changing

You use a carrot website, it does not mean that it's available to all of your visitors. I checked its loading speed with Google PageSpeed:

Image via Google PageSpeed

Google considers your website to be in the red zone for visitors. Only 43% of visitors have the patience to wait for your website to finish loading. It takes 10.5 seconds. The remaining 57% of visitors leave your website before it has finished loading.

Carrot is a website builder. Unfortunately, all website builders - Carrot, Wix, SquareSpace, Tilda,... lose most visitors to slow loading websites.

You need to increase the download speed to 3 seconds, then 90% of your visitors will wait until the end of the download and start exploring your website. At the same time your website will get into the green zone of Google. This will make it a lot easier to promote your website to Google' top for other keywords.

Tip. Start using a good, fast engine (CMS) for your website. Do not use WordPress, it's a slow engine (Carrot, for example, uses WordPress). Use the fastest web engine you can afford.

Parker, good luck in your future mastery of SEO and web design.

Originally posted by @Parker Larsen :

@Jerryll Noorden 9 months ago when I wrote this post I had just begun my SEO journey and was shopping between different web hosts to start my business. At the time, I was greener than grass and can see how my question was misguided and confused. Buuuut enough about the past! Today, I sit in the number #1 google ranked position for my key word in my target market "sell my house fast Santa Cruz CA" - much thanks to Carrot.com!

I am really happy and proud for you taking the #1 spot my dude.

What I will tell you next is not to rain on your parade but to educate you and all others that choose to read my rants.

Ranking #1 means nothing. Ranking #1 is the easy part.

It is conversions that matter. The question to ask is this, how many leads are you getting a day?

If you get  plenty of leads a day, you are set, but I would be a bit surprised if you did looking at your site. There is a lot that needs to change to be honest to really optimize conversions. Again, if you are happy with your leads both quality and quantity, ignore me and good on you.

If you are not getting leads, just respond here and I'll tell you why I think it is!

Here to help my man!

You know what? screw this.. don't care if you get leads, you need to change this immediately.

Remove your number from there.

1) You absolutely need people to visit your website in order to let Google know they liked it. With a phonenumber available without ever clicking on your website you give people that chance to not visit your site, and believe it or not, ranking #1 is more important to making "a" deal. When you rank #1 you will get plenty of traffic, and with a credible website, + (motivated) traffic, you will get way more deals.

So do you rather have "a" deal or "way more" deals?

riiiiiight!

2) If I asked you a question:

Do you think you need to be more, or less credible when you are dealing with a motivated seller? The answer is... the more motivated the seller, the MORE credible you need to be!

If you don't understand why, just ask I will explain why...

but the point is simply this. It is not likely a motivated seller will just call your number without checking you out. A non-motivated seller however will. So putting your number there is more attractive to non motivated sellers than motivated sellers.

There are more things you need to change. If you don't you WILL loose your rankings, that I promise you!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you