Building a List with ListSource

10 Replies

I'm struggling to build a list with ListSource. I'm trying to search for the following criteria:

Geography: County: (county in WI)

Property: Property Type: Multifamily (or) apartment (or) detailed property types. 

I keep getting lists with 0 results, even if I'm using broad criteria. Does anyone have any success with this? I imagine there are 1000ish multifamily units in the county I'm searching, but I'm not getting results. 

Wait...

ask yourself this first before you buy any list.

WHY are you going the list route? Did you actually run the numbers?

Did you run an analysis where you run cost, effort, expectations, success rate and probability against your ROI?

No?

Well you are winging it and it will be nearly impossible to become successful reliably!

Why are you doing lists? Because 90% of the people do this? Well, how many people doing lists are succesful? what... 4%? 5%? 10%?

Answer yourself this:

Why do you expect to become successful when you are doing the EXACT same thing as 90%+ of the people that fail, are doing?

You think you will be the exception for no reason?

If you do this because EVERYONE tells you to do it or because everyone is doping it?

Well let me show you this...

How many people take SEO seriously?

less than 5% of you!

Now look at my results:

all free.. all motivated..

The 95% of the people here on BP are struggling with lead gen

and the 5% of people (like me that use math, logic, analysis, data, evidence, intelligence) are getting more leads than all the 95% of the others combined.

Tell me again... WHY are you choosing "lists"?

Didn't think so.

You're welcome. I just saved you a CRAP ton of headache and money!

Ew. Pretty salesy, And I'm a 20+ year sales guy. Every sentence I read in whatever you posted kinda gave me a bad feeling in the back of my throat. Please reposition your approach and maybe reach back out again in a way that isn't ... <blech> so cringy. Grats on the gusto, but ick, you present yourself in a confrontational way just by writing that way. 

Originally posted by @Kevin Mosier :

Ew. Pretty salesy, And I'm a 20+ year sales guy. Every sentence I read in whatever you posted kinda gave me a bad feeling in the back of my throat. Please reposition your approach and maybe reach back out again in a way that isn't ... <blech> so cringy. Grats on the gusto, but ick, you present yourself in a confrontational way just by writing that way. 

Your problem your issue. I don't give a hoot what you think my approach was. What you fail to realize is that I don't care what you do. My advise IS the correct and best advise you will ever get. you accepting this advise is to YOUR benefit. That is why you are here asking for help not getting anywhere. Have you considered that?

Understand this. I am not here to win a popularity contest. I am not here to make friends, nor am I here to care if anyone thinks my responses are too "true".  Nothing said was offensive. I just gave you and anyone that considers buying a list a wake up call. Go buy your list. Let us all know how much money you spend and how many deals you will make. You don't have to like me, but admit it.. the reason you got sand in your ... is because you feel what I said was the truth!

*Advice. That'd be the word you're trying for. 

Keep grindin' brother, you'll get some. I'm not hopping on that train tonight, but I appreciate your work ethic. 

"Grinding" is the word you are trying for.

;)

I speak 5 languages. English is not my first, nor second nor 3rd language! You really want to get at me for my fast typing? Don't be a douche dude!

I'm not trying to put you down, sir. I can see myself using your services at a later date if I were to grow my business on the real estate side. I'm not looking to be confrontational, just giving you some feedback. Keep doing what you're doing, hopefully, someday I'll regret not engaging you earlier. 

We all get pounded by salesy pitches so many times a day, I felt like what you threw at me was a little <blech> salesy. But I'm a sales guy as well, so I don't fault you for it. I'd like to see your success stories from those types of approaches, I'm just a guy getting hit by 10 of those a day. Keep up the good work, my man. 

I'm not trying to put you down, sir. I can see myself using your services at a later date if I were to grow my business on the real estate side. I'm not looking to be confrontational, just giving you some feedback. Keep doing what you're doing, hopefully, someday I'll regret not engaging you earlier. 

We all get pounded by salesy pitches so many times a day, I felt like what you threw at me was a little <blech> salesy. But I'm a sales guy as well, so I don't fault you for it. I'd like to see your success stories from those types of approaches, I'm just a guy getting hit by 10 of those a day. Keep up the good work, my man. 

You simply assumed I was "selling" you something because you see my company in my signature.

Now do this. Look up my name here on Bigger pockets, and read my answers to peoples posts.  I am here to teach everyone how to become successful at lead gen for free.

I give step by step instruction how to do it on your own without having to pay anyone. Yes I have been told my approach is blunt and direct. I also get a ton of messages every day of people actually valuing this approach.

I am not here to sell my products I am here to stir people in the right direction.

Again, do a search for my name, and you will get a first class how to education on lead gen, where you can get my exact same results without you having to pay anyone a cent, me included.

Water under the bridge, and if you need any help, you just contact me and I will prove to you I will help you out 100% free! ;)

Its what I do my man!

I don't blame you for your reaction. My way on here is absolutely not for everyone. But to those that want straight to the point in your face 100% facts and uncensored... it is very helpful.

@Mike B.

My suspicion is that it has to do with the way the County categorizes MF versus the way that Listsource pulls its’ data, but I may be wrong

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you