3 closings this week, including a 21K Wholesale fee.

3 closings this week, including a 21K Wholesale fee.

Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes

All,

I have a success story to share. But it is not a success for the reasons you may think. I really learned a lot from this and from these mistakes I have made I changed the way I do my thing and this is causing a noticeable shift in my success rate and the way I run things.

I have been gone for a while. Had a hard time being social as I kept dealing with very dishonest sellers and buyers. I was in no mood to be social

If you are at all following my blog you will see that in May I signed a contract. I sold the contract and made a very easy 14K. That next month I signed an other contract... Well I was waiting to market till I got my fee, for selling the contract I signed. A few weeks ago the contract fell through. 

Yes you read it right I was dealing with this piece of &@)@&#@ for about 4 months. Then a dishonest buyer came my way by the name of Noreen Miller. I showed her the house and she signed the contract. By pure coincidence the home owner showed up just as she was leaving  in her car In the rear view mirror she  saw a car pulling up and she made a circle and came back to the house as I was talking to the homeowner. She got out of the car and introduced herself, exchanged names and I saw it coming. She waited till our contract expired by delaying things requesting very odd paperwork from my attorney that made no sense. My attorney told me that what she was asking was extremely odd and we couldn't make sense of it. Then I found out that she and the owner were in contact days before my contract expired already negotiating prices. Suddenly it made sense why she was requesting weird paperwork.

So it all fell through and lost a lot of money and time on this stupid deal. I made the biggest mistake a wholesaler can ever do. I stopped marketing because I was waiting for that deal to come through to get more funds to market. Big mistake!

From that point on I was done trusting people and I stopped helping others till I helped myself first.

So I stepped back, focused on ranking my site and took care of business without distraction. 

I placed a post here on BP (before I withdrew) asking if anyone was willing to fund, finance a deal both purchase price and repairs, and split gains 50-50. I was laughed at and told a hundred times that you need to have skin in the game and no one would agree to this.

I simply responded with... "I don't care how many will say no!, I just need one yes".

And guess what, I did get a yes!

Fast forward to October. I was invited to Zurich for a robotics competition called the Cybathlon. (Look it up, it is wicked cool). We placed second at the exoskeleton competition. 

When I got back 2.5 weeks later I had a hot lead waiting from my motivated seller website! I was worried the lead had gone cold, but it was blazing hot still!  This was one of the 3 closing I did this week.

ARV 255K

Signed contract for 64.5K and repairs are 65K

We will be in it for 135K and we are hoping to sell it for at least 235, but we will list it for about 255K

If we get what we are hoping to get for this house we will be splitting a 110K profit while the rehab will take about 8 weeks. The guy that was willing to fund it all and split everything 50-50 is now going to make about 40-50K with me. And I will do whatever it takes to keep this connection nurtured fat and happy!

This closing was not at all easy... but I will spare you the details. If you want to read on what exactly we had to go through to make it work, I am documenting this flip from beginning (finding leads and tweaking my website to make it a motivated seller beast magnet, to the entire flip). Find my blog to see it all come to life. To the new investors, this vid will be your golden ticket on how to do what we accomplished from newbie to 3 closings this week.

But getting leads from my website is "cheating". That is passive. They come to me.

I still want to make things happen for myself. So I did a scary thing.

I emptied my miserable retirement account and marketed again. This was the 3rd of November. Yes just last month.

A few days after my pieces landed I received a call. I signed a house with ARV of 160-180K for XX.5K. I was done dealing with dishonest buyers and sellers, so I bought the damn house myself. The next day I sold the house for XXK. Made 21K in about a week.

During those 24 hours, I got myself a 7K piano and other old antique furniture that came with the house when I bought it. 

So why is this a success? I tell you why.

I have marketed 3 times since I started. Every single time I marketed I have made a deal. 14K my first deal  21K my second deal, and an amazing flip opportunity for my 3rd deal. The reason I made just 3 deals this year was because I was stupid. Trust in people and waited for a good deal to market.

If you think that you need money to market you are so wrong! In reality, you need to market to make money. I learned this the hard way. But I beat it. With this I am stepping it up to insane levels! I have a lot in store for the next few months. You all shall see... soon enough!

This is why this is such a success for me. Sure the 21K is nice. But what I really got from this is a shift in mindset. I will be a beast in this game from this point on!

I am not slowing down one bit. I will not stop till I OWN CT!!

Newbies, read my blog if you want to know how I made it this far. It is a step by step recipe of the steps I took to get here. Of course thanks to many here on BP that held my hand. Now let me hold yours!

36Reply
264 views

Most Popular Reply

Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
9y

Jerryll controlling your inventory via taking title is when you move from beginner to advanced and create a real business.

I under stand the lure of wholesaling and assigning.. but if you were simply listing these deals you would not be dealing with a bunch of defective folks with broken moral compass's  and with your ability and energy in that same 4 months you would probably have listed and sold 4 props a month not one in 4 months.

but fast forward to your new found gig of flipping.. Done right that is were the money is.  And it can then catapult you into bigger and better things as you get track record of success and experience in the industry.

Now just make sure you pay your income tax's and keep on rolling  don't get behind on that..

See this reply in the discussion

134 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y

    @Almeda Gordon

    Heeey Bridgeportian! Sure. I will show you how, But you have to address me as Ohh MSOOTKAUG!

    Deal?

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y

    @Alex Cordero Thank you for the message Alex. I have sent you my blog via Pvt!

    It was never my intention to continue that blog, but it is literally blowing up so I am now writing the current steps I am taking to reach my next goal. 

    When I am Filthy, I can look back and say "woow, look at that... remember when I was still a poor little NASA scientist that had to work for a living.. bwaaahahaha... look at me now".

    What a goal. Join me!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y

    @Richard Balsam

    Heey Mr Richard.. you have one of those faces that screams "I trust you".

    Awesome.

    You have taken the same approach as me. I bought the Clever Investor "My First Million" package.

    Plenty of education there.

    Then I went with Wix for my website What a joke.

    I eventually switched to Investor Carrot. And there is where I am staying. It just works for me. I also have the M5, but I am not using it much. 

    Thank you very much for the compliments about my site. I am working on it 24/7  It has become an obsession really.

    I hope it will continue to perform after the holidays. It was performing very well till end november.. now.. nothing. We will wait and see...

    I really appreciate all your comments my friend.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Toya Norwood:

    @Jerryll Noorden   I just love that story from a newbie.  You said several of things that inspires me as a newbie!  1st  you focused on you!  That's right!  Then everything else fell in place.  2nd all you needed was a 1 yes!  That is dedication forget all the no's that didn't matter!  3rd I like that you will record this flip or your flips so newbies can see.  I do appreciate that! I'm going to your blog now.  And finally thanks again for inspiration.  Just believe in yourself and let no one or any deal discourage you! There are more deals to be closed!!!

    Have you ever listened to podcasts where someone is interviewing some super successful REI?

    You know what they all have in common? They ALL have a dramatic super tragedy to tell before they stepped up and became successful.

    Kroll hated gras

    The dude from F2F was cocky and lost it all

    the list goes on.

    True or not, here is what I took away from all this.

    Assume you are intelligent.. and you have a good enough grasp on your conscious mind yeah?

    Why wait till such a tragedy happens before your brain switches to primal survival mode? If you can pretend.. really pretend you are screwed bigtime and you need to make a deal to survive...

    Would you not, step up and do whatever it took? Well I focused on this.  I stopped goofing off.

    I am a freaking NASA robotics scientist, I have 5 friggin University degrees, and not in psychology, drama or business (sorry all you easy-way-to-get-a-degree folks out there ^_^ (kidding... or AM I..)... NO! I have  DEGREES degrees!! and these little punks.. make 6 times as much as I do out of highschool investing.. 

    NO!! OH Hell no! Not on my watch.

    So you can complain and whine.. like I did for a long time....

    or you can step up.

    So I did.

    And I discovered the one single secret to being successful... (Not that I am.. but I hope to be on the way).

    Want to know what it is?

    Come back at the same MSOOTKAUG-Time and MSOOTKAUG-Channel to find out..

    Kidding HA!

    No here is the secret... 

    ready?

    here goes:

    Some people do half the work their competitors do. Those will fade away fast!

    Others do the same amount. Those will forever struggle and never make it.

    Others do a whopping 2 times the work their competitors do...

    me?

    I don't look at how much other people do, what they do, how often they do..

    Me?

    I invest every second I can possibly spare into my goals. irrelevant how much "more" that is others do. Period.

    My only competitor, is the me from yesterday! I need to make sure I do 7 times more as I did yesterday! 

    Of course I know it is impossible to beat myself.. but you will be surprised  to see what you can do when you seriously try!

    So here I am . 

    A NASA robotics scientist. Smart right? 

    It is a joke. 

    It is an illusion. 

    You with your psychology degree, and your drama degree... your drive makes you. Not your accomplishments.

    Accomplishments are just a measure of your potential's potential!

    Hey, I just made that up! I am pretty good at this damn!

    wait wait.. let me prettify this..

    let me see.. hmmm

    Accomplishments do not define your worth, they are merely a measure of your potential's potential!

    OMG I am awesome! This goes in my blog!

  • Developer · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2012 · 259 posts · 129 votes
    9y

    @Jerryll Noorden Amazing story....I can definitely relate to the same thing in regards to marketing. 

    Just curious, in order to get those assignments approximately how much are you spending on mailings (Or are you mainly using your blog to drive traffic to your site)? Also, since the assignments are quite large, are you doing double closings so your seller can't see your fee? Congrats again!

  • Edgewood, MD · Member since 2014 · 283 posts · 59 votes
    9y

    @Jerryll Noorden Congratulations on your success. Could you message me the name of your blogs?

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y

    @Neil Goradia

    Neil... hey I will call you Mr.G I like it!! (in genie voice).

    SO let me tell you a lil secret. c'mere, closer, sit on my lap.

    don't say this to anyone... but... my blogs are actually new. Well..  (what it is called) is actually old, but new. That blog was written as I was still a spring chicken just cracking my eggshell. I just transferred it to my personal webspace to have more control over it.. and for an other reason I will only share when I am filthy!

    So..

    I bought my first list back in the day ... I read people were buying  200 count list.. so I said well.. if you do 200 I will do 2000! take that.. so I did.

    I got a deal the first campaign ever. 14K... I had no idea of that was good or bad at the time. How could I know.. every step I took was new territory.

    That next month (and again I had no idea what I was doing) I marketed to that SAME list but added 2.5K more names to it.

    I got a second deal. and a LOT of angry calls... somewhere along the line.. You *#(@& Italian.. go back to your *#(@&@ country where you are from you *#&@* foreigner! Yeah I kid you not!! Was not pretty at all!

    Not very easy in this business to have an accent and look lie a foreigner, dealing with pissed off angry homeowners  that are older, conservative and grumpy because they need to sell.

    But The Mighty MSOOTKAUG is awesome and kept on hustling.

    Needless to say that 2nd deal got stolen from me due to that damn Noreen Miller!  breathe...  breathe...

    Then on november the 3rd I marketed again. Signed an other contract but I was a pissed off little monkey bushman by then so I said screw it. I am buying this one myself and sold it the next day and made 21K

    I usually tell both buyer and seller what I am making.

    People will still see what you make even if you double close... this from my attorney. don't ask me how..

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y

    @David White

    Absolutely. Consider it done.

    If questions, please write them on my blog. I am SERIOUSLY drowning in messages here. It is crazy!!

    If you want me to answer it is best they are asked on my blog :)

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y

    Thank you @Ian Walsh

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y

    @Rayshell Forrest

    I think that is the correct state of mind to be in. Be excited, not cocky, respect the game and be obsessed about making it. You and I should connect!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y

    @Aaron Jones

    Indeed it looks like a winner. Be sure to make sure the numbers are legit. I made many errors because I wanted it too much.  I just magically made numbers appear.. verrry dangerous.

    Also be mindful of this...

    100K in profit for a 80K all in deal is different than a 100K profit for a 500K all in deal.

    I am not being negative here. Yours looks like a SOLID deal. I am just warning you. I made a few mistakes when I first found my investor moneypants. Luckily for me, he saw potential in me and he actually mentored me  a tad.

    Good luck finding your Investor moneypants! I will ask mine if he would be interested in working with you.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y

    Ohh @Nicole Campbell

    You and I will be really good friends. I have an opening for a Nemesis btw!! Want it?

    Consider my blogs sent!

    ^_^

  • Roswell, GA · Member since 2016 · 32 posts · 11 votes
    9y

    @Jerryll Noorden

    I do believe we will be....consider the position filled! Just call me "Never Swayed or Discouraged Super Charged Cute Cutie" and the short version of that doesn't make any sense so let's skip that....

    As the famous artist known as Sting once sung... Every step you take...Every move you make,,,,I'll be watching you.

    Thanks for the shout out and the info. Meet you on the other side of success!

  • Real Estate Investor · aguada, pr · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    i just signed my first contract here in puerto rico, i have no cash buyers and i need help marketing it.   i found the house on craigslist so i am a little scared to market it there again in case seller might find out.  please anyone help me out and let me know where i can market this new deal i have.  my first deal ever btw.

  • Real Estate Agent · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2016 · 589 posts · 275 votes
    9y

    Jerryll, great story. I love the motivation, i am about to crank it in 2017 myself as a total noob, but i have drive and desire that is like no other so i relate to your story. Ive never heard of investor carrot, and what is the link to a step by step plan that you described, Id be very interested to read it and learn. All the best, 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Yvan Takou:

    i just signed my first contract here in puerto rico, i have no cash buyers and i need help marketing it.   i found the house on craigslist so i am a little scared to market it there again in case seller might find out.  please anyone help me out and let me know where i can market this new deal i have.  my first deal ever btw.

     Be careful my friend!

    This is what I would do. Find a good attorney, and tell him what your intentions are. Ask them for advice on what you legally can do and what you can not do.

    This is the best I can do for now bud. :/

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y

    @Nicole Campbell

    Duuude! "NSoDSCCC"  That sounds villainous! Awesome. 

    "Every step you take...Every move you make,,,,I'll be watching you". 

    How Creepy is THAT!! I am being stalked by a woman.

    Awesome!!

    Bring it on. I will be waiting for you on the successful side!

    ^_^

  • Real Estate Investor · aguada, pr · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    @Jerryll Noorden thank you very much

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y

    Day 3 On my super flip! First time on a roof. Was scary awesome. My contractor is teaching me the ropes. What is so awesome about it is now I know what exactly is involved with Demo and replacing a new roof. Now I can make even better estimates on offers!!

    Hustle is the game!

  • Spokane, WA · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    This whassup.. Send me a link to those blogs man... I need to fwd it to my team so they can ignite the fire.  

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y

    @Chauncey Jones

    Ha thank you :) Blogs are in your inbox :)

  • Real Estate Investor · Fairfield County, CT · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Lol. Ok that name, promise.

  • Engelo RumoraBusiness Member
    Investor · Toledo, OH · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:

    @Engelo Rumora  yup Citation 535 I believe.. light jet.... owner pilot.. late night departure into scuddy weather.. the speculation on our COPA pilots site is special disorientation... followed by a nose dive and yet another fatality...

    I had a deposit on a jet... but it never got built and I got too old.  but if I was to jump into a light jet ( still have not taken that off the table.) I would have a full time co pilot... the safety record between 2 pilot and one pilot is on the order of 10X  10 X safer...

    Also night IFR single pilot... NO way Jose... maybe if it was summer time and full moon stars were out etc etc.. but night bad weather over water.. receipe for a JFK Jr. special.  which when the reports come out is most likely exactly what happened.. could have had a auto pilot disconnect and he could not keep up with the airplane manually.

    WOW mate,

    Not good at all

    I'll let you know when I drop the $10k to start hehe

    When are you coming to visit?

  • Insurance Agent · AZ · Member since 2013 · 306 posts · 161 votes
    9y

    @Jerryll Noorden Keep it pushin' in 2017. You are clearly all fire! I sent a PM for your blog info.

  • Investor · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    Wow - I just read this entire thread and all the excitement and love is making me feel like a groupie wanting to jump on the bandwagon with my few dollars. LOL! I'm a newbie, confused, excited and motivated all at the same time. I have a few deals I'm working on but still all uncertainty.

    @Jerryll Noorden your excitement is infectious and I want to read more about what you're doing and implement those ideas/suggestions into my business plans. I think tonight is my lucky/blessed night because coming to this section I know was not by accident. I'm going to check out your website and know I will probably be that fly that won't go away.  I want to absorb all I can and make this work ... and then give back to newbies just like you all are doing. 

    Btw I'm from California - a new investor and am committed to giving 100% of my all into growing my business so that one day soon I will be able to wish Corporate America well. :)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.