SFH Rental Analysis (Spreadsheet)

99 Replies

Originally posted by @Marie M. :

Meant to say I tried to download and the previous links didn't work for me. 

Not sure why it's not working.  You can sign up for my Newsletter on my website as well, and get access to this and plenty of other tools...

Hello J. Scott.

I am not seeing a link to your spreadsheet.  Have you  put it in another section of the website?

Thanks,

Joe

I'm not able to access the file.  Is there a link, file etc?  I would love to use this information as a basis for getting started in analyzing some properties!

Hey folks - As I said above, I don't know what happened to the link.  You can sign up for my Newsletter on my website as well to get access, and I'll talk to the BP folks and see if we can figure out the link issue...

Originally posted by @J Scott:

Hey folks - As I said above, I don't know what happened to the link.  You can sign up for my Newsletter on my website as well to get access, and I'll talk to the BP folks and see if we can figure out the link issue...

Jason - none of your fileplace content seems to be present at the time of this post; Google search using the following will show the various files that once were there :

site:biggerpockets.com/files/user/JasonScott/file

Originally posted by @Steve Babiak :
Originally posted by @J Scott:

Jason - none of your fileplace content seems to be present at the time of this post; Google search using the following will show the various files that once were there :

site:biggerpockets.com/files/user/JasonScott/file

Wow, I didn't realize they all disappeared...

@Joshua Dorkin - Probably not high priority for the development team, but maybe worth looking into?

I can re-upload, but then there will be a lot of dead links in older posts...

@J Scott - We'll have that fixed shortly.

@J Scott,

Should be working again.

This is very useful. @J Scott do you care to explain the formula for row 43 Equity accrued? Thanks!

Originally posted by @Tom Howard :

This is very useful. @J Scott do you care to explain the formula for row 43 Equity accrued? Thanks!

This is an Excel function that will calculate the amount of principal paid during a specific period given other loan terms/conditions:

http://www.excelfunctions.net/Excel-Cumprinc-Funct...

Thank you

Revisiting this spreadsheet...assuming it's still applicable. Thanks!

Thank you for the spreadsheet. It is one of the best resources I have found.

However, I'm having difficulty understanding why the Total Cash Flow row (row 41) is always expressed in a positive number. For negative total cash flow, it changes to a positive number for the rest of the calculations. Is there something I am missing?

Edit- from what I'm understanding the parenthesis indicate negative cash flow.

However, I am also wondering why CapEX is not included in these calculations?

Thank you J Scott ! This is a very useful spreadsheet and I will use it often.

new to bp. where do i see attached excell file

Originally posted by @Jesse Bryant :

new to bp. where do i see attached excell file

Look up about 6-7 posts on this thread and it is there.  I just downloaded it.

@J Scott

Thank you for the spreadsheet. Is there a change that we could make that would enable us to calculate paying the mortgage on a biweekly basis to minimize interest and gain equity faster?

I can't seem to find the spreadsheet. Please advise

Originally posted by @Cole McKeon :

I can't seem to find the spreadsheet. Please advise

J Scott linked it 12 posts higher than yours on this same page... 

But here it is again.

Hello where can I find this spreadsheet to analyze deals? 

I know this is a relatively old discussion, but the spreadsheet is not available, so need assistance expediting so I can analyze a couple potential deals. Additionally, is this applicable to commercial deals(apartments of 5-10 units) as well? Thanks in advance.

Great Spreadsheet.  It really helps to break the process down and make it more digestible.  (By the way, you can find a link to it 3 posts up from this one!)

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here