Skip to content
Real Estate News & Current Events

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Phu
  • Investor
  • San Diego
Votes |
Joe McCall Scam? Read This Before You Buy His Programs...

Ryan Phu
  • Investor
  • San Diego
Posted Jun 6 2020, 15:02

This post is about Joe McCall and his course, coaching, and programs, it will be a detailed review with my own experience being apart of his Course and Programs...

If you were in the same shoes I was when I attended his webinar, I was also extremely convinced Joe would fully deliver all of his promises and that his Lease Options strategy would be the best. As I looked at the course I saw that it was WAY OVER my budget and cost $1500! But considering that he was offering me a 90 day guarantee, what could hurt by trying it? 

Quality of the Course

Once you get started, you don't get a correct introduction and just bombarded by an armada of information. Instead of showing you how to do Lease Options with a few basic tools he'll try to push you to his Upsells so he can make more money off of you through his REI Simple CRM and other programs right from the start! DO NOT FALL FOR IT! Here's are the steps which I followed in the intro: Step #1 - Watch This Welcome Video, Step #2 - Join The Private Facebook Group Below, Step #3 - Register For One Of Our Weekly Onboarding Calls For New Students, Step #4 - Sign Up For REI Simple, etc... Right from the introduction in the course he tries to get you to upsell you with REI Simple without knowing much about it. I signed up and that was a huge mistake (I'll cover more of it later). In the first video he spends around 5 minutes trying to explain Lease Options but completely fails. You don't get to understand the basics of it and how to do Lease Options without the complex tools until later on all because it's overloaded with irrelevant information that is not necessary at the start. I mean even by the third video of Module 1 you're stuck on a 16 minute video of him trying to upsell you with his CRM so you can to Automate it when you don't even know the basics! How can you automate your Lease Options Business with REI Simple and VA's on your first day or even month of doing it? You have no foundation at all, but he wants you to pay and sign up? Wow. Each video throughout the course consists of staring at a mind-map presentation and listening to his monotone commentary. Many of the videos are old and there is little effort put into the quality of them. It's more of a Reading off his mind-map presentation and rambling rather than getting straight to the point and teaching you throughout the Entire Course.

The Quality of his Coaching

As a student I had access to his Facebook groups and some of his coaching calls, they were okay and they pretty much answered questions for you however it was usually someone other than Joe who helped me out. Some of the videos he provides are all the way from 2010 and 2013 and just outdated.The way he explains things can be extremely confusing and the quality is not worth the price. I thought I was being a bad listener/student at first but I began to talk to others in his private facebook group and they agreed they became frustrated, bored, and the videos were unclear. There were many points where I became so frustrated with myself with being overwhelmed and also not being able to understand that I was ripping my hair from my head! After being in the course for a while you notice a lot of the things he does is outsourced, which is super amazing since he can run it hands off but the only problem is that it lacks real sincerity of 1 on 1 coaching. Without the 1 on 1 coaching the price for the course is not worth it, you only get access to the lengthy videos and under delivered bonuses. He's a great person, and he's really got everything into detail but the course is just too overwhelming and there's not enough effort put into it with the coaching aspect.

The Price

The Price for the Course, and the upsells are by far the worst. $1500 for a course? Sorry but that price just seems ridiculous, for the lack of the support, clarity, and quality of the course content it's worth more around $100 or less. Many of the bonuses have certain terms that are an upsell such as REI Simple and the VA Center he provides. REI Simple is not free, they make it so that you have to try it for 3 months so you have to either get your refund on the course (90 Day Money Back) or on REI Simple (after the 90 days/3months) You can't really try it to see if it works out without paying for it. The VA Center with 10 Hours free? Nope! You have to pay $60 for the "Set Up Fee".

But it’s okay because if the course isn’t really worth it because you have the 90 Day Money Back Guarantee right?

Wrong! It’s now a 30 day Policy! 

And remember the REI Simple Program that you signed up for but didn't use? Well you won't get reimbursed!

And it didn’t just happen to me…

Here is another student who was not able to get a refund, he even goes to say that he can't get a refund for REI Simple either or for the other programs he bought.

“I did this 5 seller a day challenge thing for $500 last month and they said they wouldn't be picky with proof of completion. They ended up being super picky with mine and declining a bunch of others. Now they want me to send a picture holding the check that was technically my money from the start.”

Reading this it made me wonder why he would ask for a picture for the refunded check. Maybe it’s for fake testimonials?

Basically to sum up:

The quality...bad

Coaching...bad

Price...horrible (Once you get in you get upsells left and right so he can make even more off of you)

Overall the course is not worth it at all, it completely under delivers for the price you pay and the time you invest into it. Do not get it.

If you really want to Learn Lease Options, search up REI Conscious on youtube. I found it to be better than the videos by Joe and it's free. Thanks for reading, Stay Safe everyone.

Loading replies...