Joe McCall Scam? Read This Before You Buy His Programs...

Joe McCall Scam? Read This Before You Buy His Programs...

Investor · San Diego · Member since 2020 · 29 posts · 35 votes

This post is about Joe McCall and his course, coaching, and programs, it will be a detailed review with my own experience being apart of his Course and Programs...

If you were in the same shoes I was when I attended his webinar, I was also extremely convinced Joe would fully deliver all of his promises and that his Lease Options strategy would be the best. As I looked at the course I saw that it was WAY OVER my budget and cost $1500! But considering that he was offering me a 90 day guarantee, what could hurt by trying it? 

Quality of the Course

Once you get started, you don't get a correct introduction and just bombarded by an armada of information. Instead of showing you how to do Lease Options with a few basic tools he'll try to push you to his Upsells so he can make more money off of you through his REI Simple CRM and other programs right from the start! DO NOT FALL FOR IT! Here's are the steps which I followed in the intro: Step #1 - Watch This Welcome Video, Step #2 - Join The Private Facebook Group Below, Step #3 - Register For One Of Our Weekly Onboarding Calls For New Students, Step #4 - Sign Up For REI Simple, etc... Right from the introduction in the course he tries to get you to upsell you with REI Simple without knowing much about it. I signed up and that was a huge mistake (I'll cover more of it later). In the first video he spends around 5 minutes trying to explain Lease Options but completely fails. You don't get to understand the basics of it and how to do Lease Options without the complex tools until later on all because it's overloaded with irrelevant information that is not necessary at the start. I mean even by the third video of Module 1 you're stuck on a 16 minute video of him trying to upsell you with his CRM so you can to Automate it when you don't even know the basics! How can you automate your Lease Options Business with REI Simple and VA's on your first day or even month of doing it? You have no foundation at all, but he wants you to pay and sign up? Wow. Each video throughout the course consists of staring at a mind-map presentation and listening to his monotone commentary. Many of the videos are old and there is little effort put into the quality of them. It's more of a Reading off his mind-map presentation and rambling rather than getting straight to the point and teaching you throughout the Entire Course.

The Quality of his Coaching

As a student I had access to his Facebook groups and some of his coaching calls, they were okay and they pretty much answered questions for you however it was usually someone other than Joe who helped me out. Some of the videos he provides are all the way from 2010 and 2013 and just outdated.The way he explains things can be extremely confusing and the quality is not worth the price. I thought I was being a bad listener/student at first but I began to talk to others in his private facebook group and they agreed they became frustrated, bored, and the videos were unclear. There were many points where I became so frustrated with myself with being overwhelmed and also not being able to understand that I was ripping my hair from my head! After being in the course for a while you notice a lot of the things he does is outsourced, which is super amazing since he can run it hands off but the only problem is that it lacks real sincerity of 1 on 1 coaching. Without the 1 on 1 coaching the price for the course is not worth it, you only get access to the lengthy videos and under delivered bonuses. He's a great person, and he's really got everything into detail but the course is just too overwhelming and there's not enough effort put into it with the coaching aspect.

The Price

The Price for the Course, and the upsells are by far the worst. $1500 for a course? Sorry but that price just seems ridiculous, for the lack of the support, clarity, and quality of the course content it's worth more around $100 or less. Many of the bonuses have certain terms that are an upsell such as REI Simple and the VA Center he provides. REI Simple is not free, they make it so that you have to try it for 3 months so you have to either get your refund on the course (90 Day Money Back) or on REI Simple (after the 90 days/3months) You can't really try it to see if it works out without paying for it. The VA Center with 10 Hours free? Nope! You have to pay $60 for the "Set Up Fee".

But it’s okay because if the course isn’t really worth it because you have the 90 Day Money Back Guarantee right?

Wrong! It’s now a 30 day Policy! 

And remember the REI Simple Program that you signed up for but didn't use? Well you won't get reimbursed!

And it didn’t just happen to me…

Here is another student who was not able to get a refund, he even goes to say that he can't get a refund for REI Simple either or for the other programs he bought.

“I did this 5 seller a day challenge thing for $500 last month and they said they wouldn't be picky with proof of completion. They ended up being super picky with mine and declining a bunch of others. Now they want me to send a picture holding the check that was technically my money from the start.”

Reading this it made me wonder why he would ask for a picture for the refunded check. Maybe it’s for fake testimonials?

Basically to sum up:

The quality...bad

Coaching...bad

Price...horrible (Once you get in you get upsells left and right so he can make even more off of you)

Overall the course is not worth it at all, it completely under delivers for the price you pay and the time you invest into it. Do not get it.

If you really want to Learn Lease Options, search up REI Conscious on youtube. I found it to be better than the videos by Joe and it's free. Thanks for reading, Stay Safe everyone.

18Reply
1,159 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Corpus Christi, TX · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
6y

@Ryan Phu

Since you're new to investing, you have now been introduced to the guru model. I know nothing about McCall but it sounds like his "coaching" model is in line with other gurus. $1,500 is NOT much for a solid coaching program even though you now know it is only a teaser price. You lacked the due diligence necessary to understand how this model works. This in itself is part of your education. I've known new investors who have lost more than $50K on coaching programs so count your blessings and learn from your mistake. Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see. 

See this reply in the discussion

71 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Marin County California · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    I knew a guy in Rochester who bragged about running a lease to own scam where he would collect option consideration from his "buyer," monthly lease payment for full rental value plus additional consideration representing the rent to own monthly payment. His "buyers" - who could not qualify for a loan because, presumably, they could not convince the bank they made enough to cover PITI payments - inevitably defaulted, and after a few months he would evict and start all over. Is there really any other variation on this merry-go-round or certain failure?

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Darius Ogloza:

    I knew a guy in Rochester who bragged about running a lease to own scam where he would collect option consideration from his "buyer," monthly lease payment for full rental value plus additional consideration representing the rent to own monthly payment. His "buyers" - who could not qualify for a loan because, presumably, they could not convince the bank they made enough to cover PITI payments - inevitably defaulted, and after a few months he would evict and start all over. Is there really any other variation on this merry-go-round or certain failure?

    EXACTLY Darius its well known in those circles  this is why the state of PA is coming out with new laws that will clearly define how the lease option works and treat it more like a seller carry back with Dodd Frank protections..  As i stated above when i first got into funding out of the west coast in 2002 I started in Detroit.. where there were thousands upon thousands of vacant homes.. We funded tradtional turnkey and we funded those that would do the lease option after i bought the asset for them they paid me off short term 60 to 90 day deals on my side.. then they would go the lease with option to buy.. And many times the houses were not touched.. so sweat equity.

    there were companies in Texas that would prey on non English speakers.. they trolled BP a few years back.  Also Texas came out with some very strong laws on lease options as well, that is well documented.  Is just about consumer protection act.. 

    their model was get CA investor to put up the money.. then sell to non English speaker on terms.. and rinse repeat.. 

    So state AG's are getting wise to the abuses and in PA in particular.. as I have 2 vendors in PA that I have funded for years.. who work variations of this model.. But we are just the bridge money.. So I believe they now have a RMLO do their lease qualify and options. There was some very big companies in PA that brought this to the forefront and have created this new legislation to protect the public.

    this model works in most areas of the mid west rust belt were there are more homes than butts to put in them.  

    your going to have a hard time talking someone who owns a home in Sausalito to lease it to you with an option to purchase. Not saying it cant happen.. But most would just either rent it.. or sell it..  

    But all the little burgs out east have these areas of old housing stock and that's my clients sandbox.   So its kind of fun to see how this all works.  

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Darius Ogloza:

    I knew a guy in Rochester who bragged about running a lease to own scam where he would collect option consideration from his "buyer," monthly lease payment for full rental value plus additional consideration representing the rent to own monthly payment. His "buyers" - who could not qualify for a loan because, presumably, they could not convince the bank they made enough to cover PITI payments - inevitably defaulted, and after a few months he would evict and start all over. Is there really any other variation on this merry-go-round or certain failure?

    PS Rochester and Buffalo were ground zero for much of this stuff also there were groups buying those homes for 10k packaging them up and selling them for 80k to investors from England. the city / state finally cracked down on that and there was some folks that got in trouble on the criminal side of it.. you can google it.. wont mention names but you can find it if you dig deep enough

    But this is nothing new.. buying hood rates for pennies and selling them for dollars to foreigners and unsuspecting out of state folks. 

    I mean look what Clayton Morris pulled off.

  • Wendy PattonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Clarkston, MI · Member since 2009 · 859 posts · 350 votes
    5y

    Yikes I am almost afraid to jump in on this one, however, I know Joe personally and he is not a scammer. He is the real deal and is still an investor.  So am I.  I am not out on the teaching circuit anymore, but I was for 15 years and have written 4 books, and many courses, on the lease option topic (one for the UK), so this topic hits close to home for me.  There are some scammers, you are right, however I wouldn't say 95% are scammers. Here is what I would suggest to see if someone is good - Google their name and see what people say about them knowing that as a teacher/coach you can't please everyone.  Also, for anyone who is serious about investing should buy someone's course on the topic they want to specialize in.  It will help them tremendously - IF they actually follow it and do it.  I would suggest the same thing to my own daughter.

    Heck, I have found out many of my members at MREI paid 40-50k to one of the high end "gurus".  Even to them I say, "Well, I wish you found us first and saved 40-50k, however, use what you bought and make millions.  You already paid for it now so make sure you really get your money's worth.  Crush it with investing and one day that will seem like such a small investment to you."  

    I hope this helps a little bit.  Feel free to ask me for any additional questions on how the biz of "gurus" works.   

    Michigan Real Estate Investors533 Reviews
  • Shiloh LundahlPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    5y

    @Darius Ogloza I really depends on one’s intentions. If my intentions were to benefit myself at the expense of others than I could use the lease option strategy to do that. If my intentions are to make a win win situation for everyone then I can use lease options to do that.

    Here are some examples of making it a win win situation. We had 3 tenant buyers exercise their lease options in October. One of them stepped into 175k of equity, another into 70k and the other was able to walk into 40k of equity. So first off I would like to tell you that I had no idea that appreciation would happen like it has over the last few years. But secondly, we already build our profits into the deals and we made probably 160k among those 3 properties over a 3 year period of time with very little effort to manage once the tenant buyers were placed into the home.

    So yes, it is possible to make lease options very beneficial to everyone.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Wendy Patton:

    Yikes I am almost afraid to jump in on this one, however, I know Joe personally and he is not a scammer. He is the real deal and is still an investor.  So am I.  I am not out on the teaching circuit anymore, but I was for 15 years and have written 4 books, and many courses, on the lease option topic (one for the UK), so this topic hits close to home for me.  There are some scammers, you are right, however I wouldn't say 95% are scammers. Here is what I would suggest to see if someone is good - Google their name and see what people say about them knowing that as a teacher/coach you can't please everyone.  Also, for anyone who is serious about investing should buy someone's course on the topic they want to specialize in.  It will help them tremendously - IF they actually follow it and do it.  I would suggest the same thing to my own daughter.

    Heck, I have found out many of my members at MREI paid 40-50k to one of the high end "gurus".  Even to them I say, "Well, I wish you found us first and saved 40-50k, however, use what you bought and make millions.  You already paid for it now so make sure you really get your money's worth.  Crush it with investing and one day that will seem like such a small investment to you."  

    I hope this helps a little bit.  Feel free to ask me for any additional questions on how the biz of "gurus" works.   

    Bottom line is nothing is new in real estate transactions or how you put them together its is only new to folks with no back ground in real estate.. And everyone gets their training somehow..  be it 1,500 dollar on line basic packages  20k package  50k package etc. its a huge business the training business but it is a business.. My wife was a trainer for years for Floyd Wickman ( he is a MI guy)  .   

    The bottom line is probably 70 to 80% or more of folks that buy any kind of training never really implement.. Or they try for 3 months have no success and quit..  One thing that is known on the real estate brokerage side is if your going to change careers you need at LEAST one year of living expenses for your ramp up ..  

    The other issue is the changing laws.. we see this in the how to wholesale houses course.. reality is in Many states its just plain illegal to do what the how to wholesale gurus teach.. just is.. but no one wants to hear that until they get turned in that is. 

    Illinois finally took the step to make it very clear you need a license to sell or market real estate you do not have title ownership to. 

    those hiding behind  ( hey i am just selling a contract) that does not fly when run up the regulator flag pole. 

    And of course I am just talking in general not about any specific trainer program etc.. I mean I followed Dave Del Dotto and Carlton Sheets.

    Del Dotto got seriously rich and ended up buying wineries in Napa Valley and one was right across the street from my home.. So met him in person and drank a few glass's with him over the years.. he kind of started the reality TV late night TV gig.. 

    Then you have all the TV shows that glamorize flipping etc.. so its no wonder there is so much interest in real estate right now.

    Then you have the I quit my day job to be a full time investor.. And that is the ultimate in being self employed and its cool when folks can pull that off.. But there are certain skills you need.. to be successful and not everyone has the intangibles.

    LIke all sales   there are top producers  there are middle of the road and there are some that just are never going to do it for various reasons. 

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Shiloh Lundahl:

    @Darius Ogloza I really depends on one’s intentions. If my intentions were to benefit myself at the expense of others than I could use the lease option strategy to do that. If my intentions are to make a win win situation for everyone then I can use lease options to do that.

    Here are some examples of making it a win win situation. We had 3 tenant buyers exercise their lease options in October. One of them stepped into 175k of equity, another into 70k and the other was able to walk into 40k of equity. So first off I would like to tell you that I had no idea that appreciation would happen like it has over the last few years. But secondly, we already build our profits into the deals and we made probably 160k among those 3 properties over a 3 year period of time with very little effort to manage once the tenant buyers were placed into the home.

    So yes, it is possible to make lease options very beneficial to everyone.

    YUP timing is important.. And this is so market specific..  

    there are times in every cycle for certain strategies.  And maybe we have another coming up with Covid 

    if you have some self employed end up with bruised credit because of what's happened I could see this happening again.

    although we know that appreciation was on fire since 2012 when things hit all time bottoms..

    Although on devils advocate  lets say the houses never went up . ?  and the lease is due.. how many do you think would be able to exercise their options if they did not have appreciation on their side to add as equity ??  in many markets I think this is more the case than where you did your deals  ( congrats by the way !!  )  

  • Investor · Marin County California · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    @Shiloh Lundahl @Jay Hinrichs
    Shiloh: I am not so sure your example truly describes a win-win scenario.  As you concede, you and your tenant buyers made opposite bets on appreciation over the 3 year period in setting the option price.  Had your bet been more "correct," the tenant buyers would have walked into little or no appreciation as the option price at the time of exercise would have reflected the true market price.  For your buyers to "win," you had to "lose."  The fact that you profited from the arrangement over the 3 year option period ameliorates the "loss" you experienced on sale but I think you would agree with me that every dollar left on the table is better characterized as a loss than as a win.  

    Nonetheless, I am not out to impugn anyone's intentions and I do understand (as Jay rightfully points out) that the self-employed (my situation for the past 20 years) especially run into times in their lives when conventional lending sources are of no use due to limited reportable income and other factors (such as when, for example, you retire in your 50's and begin to live off of your lines of credit, etc.). My concern is that a lot of younger, inexperienced and unsophisticated folks get fooled into believing that their hard earned money is going to "buy" property in these kinds of arrangements (i.e. believing they are not "throwing money away on rent") whereas throwing their money away on rent + even more money should the option fail is a better description of what is actually happening. My hunch is that more often than not, saving money and getting your ship in order to qualify for an FHA loan is the best and most realistic ladder to homeownership for the vast majority of people.

  • Member since 2020 · 437 posts · 675 votes
    5y

    @Ryan Phu

    A very close friend of mine was a chronic failure in every business he undertook. Now he is doing better because he is a “guru”. He now gives motivational lectures and seminars. To be fair he knows how he lost a lot of money but he never mentions his mistakes or flops or talks about that, he just pulls out fictitious stories about his investing and life success. He is my friend and I like that he is doing well. Is he doing right? Maybe not.

    Most gurus are just that. If they were successful investors they would be busy investing vs teaching courses. Plain and simple.

  • Joe S.Pro Member
    Investor · San Antonio · Member since 2020 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Justin Thorpe:

    @Ryan Phu

    A very close friend of mine was a chronic failure in every business he undertook. Now he is doing better because he is a “guru”. He now gives motivational lectures and seminars. To be fair he knows how he lost a lot of money but he never mentions his mistakes or flops or talks about that, he just pulls out fictitious stories about his investing and life success. He is my friend and I like that he is doing well. Is he doing right? Maybe not.

    Most gurus are just that. If they were successful investors they would be busy investing vs teaching courses. Plain and simple.

    Well said. They sell the dream and leave out the fact that they never realized a comfortable lifestyle by doing what they are suggesting others do. For some people they take the motivation and it helps them Have a greater drive and encourage. Plain and simple some students end up doing much better than their teachers, because they actually do the stuff.

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Ryan, Thanks for the thorough post.  When getting started it is important to know which programs offer value and which are more of a money-traps.  I will steer clear of McCall's programs.  Thanks again for the warning.  Quick Question:  do you of any programs that offer great value  Thanks - Trey (new guy)  

  • Ross WilliamsPro Member
    Investor · Boston MA, Big Sky MT · Member since 2014 · 78 posts · 67 votes
    5y

    Your experience was exactly mine.  Though there is some good information, it can be had for free elsewhere.  The course is a (clever) up-sell, in my opinion.  The refund terms are either deceptive or not clearly articulated.  Take your pick.  I'm not saying you can't be successful using this system, but why would a "guru" not focus 100% of their time doing deals rather than selling courses?  Secondly, why would they create competition for themselves?

  • Ross WilliamsPro Member
    Investor · Boston MA, Big Sky MT · Member since 2014 · 78 posts · 67 votes
    5y

    Trey, I've found Dave Lindahl's books on multifamily investing to be very good.  You can get the rest on BP.

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    On the positive, your losses are light.  Stay on Bigger Pockets, listen and read and you'll get some education on the cheap.  I am skeptical about gurus, because real estate professionals who are truly successful are busy working their own deals.  This guy is an "educator" of sorts.  

  • Real Estate Broker · Redwood City, CA · Member since 2014 · 679 posts · 888 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Sam B.:

    If they were good at real estate, they'd be in real estate, not education.

    Exactly. Real investors make a lot more money in REI than education. gurus can not make money in RE, so they call themselves gurus and try to scam people.

  • Real Estate Broker · Brockton, MA · Member since 2020 · 24 posts · 25 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Mark Monroe:

    @Ryan Phu

    Joe's course is done very well. I've done several and his is easy to use, step by step. Plus the price is great vaule.

    Only issue I see is, doesn't stress the importance of understanding the laws. I've come cross several of his students that tell the sellers there going to find a buyer, make their money doing an assignment fee, being a middle man. It's going to create a problem for the industry how their not educated in this area.

    Over all his courses is one of the best real estate courses out there. I highly recommend it

     I will have to agree with @Mark Monroe with this one @Ryan Phu... To be honest with you, it sounds that you are just beginning to learn about wholesaling and creative finance tactics altogether.  Basically, it sounds like you just got your learner's permit to fly a small personal non-commercial plane, and instead, you went out and bought a fighter jet...  It was your first day at the Karate dojo and you entered signed up for the Mui Thai one on one mortal combat fight to the death...   The reason why Joe's material seems like that to you is that his courses are made for people who have done this stuff for a while... I am totally not judging your either, for all I know you have been doing this for 20 years, however, by what you're saying, well, it's sorta a dead giveaway...  For example, I have done over 200 deals in my life including a current subject to a portfolio of 12 homes and counting all but 2 with lease option wraps...  I Will be cashing out on more than half of them in January (which all were obtained before the heightened seller's market and covid 19)... It sounds like you need a less advanced system which is totally not a bad thing, and Joe, although is awesome and a great asset to the industry, if inherently a slob-like dude, who before having success with this lease option stuff, had a "good enough" type of attitude...  I met him many times before awesome GUY but you can definitely tell the dude is the biggest slacker in the world (for example: if he knows that going the long way will benefit him greatly but will be hard in the process, but cutting through the backyard to avoid the long-distance of wearing will be better, he will most definitely take the short cut!

    He's a great investor and I can't knock him- he's just trying to capitalize on the era of online explicit coaching and guru representation CTA campaigns... But he is the real deal!  But to be honest my man- Joe is an awesome dude and means no harm, but I could have taught you 99.9% of the stuff you paid $1,500.00 FOR FREE...

    ALL HE DID WAS THE BASIC FORMULA (JUST WITH HIS "GOOD ENOUGH" RUSH WAY OF DOING THINGS)

    1) HE DEFINES LEASE OPTION

    2) AND DREW YOU IN BE GIVING YOU A SMALL VALUABLE VIDEO EXPLAINING THE STEPS

    3) LEFT YOU WITH A CALL TO ACTION 

    4) HE COMPILED ALL HIS VIDEOS (YOU CAN SEARCH THE NET AND GET THEM ALL ANYWAY FOR FREE)... HE JUST CONSOLIDATED THEM ALL ALONG WITH HIS PDF CONTRACTS (WHICH ARE ALSO ALL OVER THE INTERNET) INTO ONE CENTRALIZED AREA... 

    5) He ADDED MORE OF THE SMALL NUGGET VIDEOS TAKING A SIMPLE PROCESS AND BREAKING IT DOWN LITTLE BY LITTLE (NOT SO MUCH FOR UNDERSTANDING PURPOSES) BUT MORE TO MAKE PROGRAM MORE ROBUST AND EVENTFUL 

    6) AND USED SIMPLE JSON CODING AND SQL (LIKE ZAPIER AND GLOBIFLOW) which can be done by using WordPress quite easily and created a lease option customer data entry base (CALLING IT THE LEASE OPTION THIS AND THE LEASE OPTION THAT DATABASE) It's basically the large packaged smoke and mirrors with a little touch of value and abundance simultaneously being thrown at you that will cause you to do one of two things (which is kind of the goal)  1) You get overwhelmed instead of focused and quit, or 2) you ignore all of his "upsells" and focus on the material you have and use what he gives you to the utmost extent... You don't need a freaking system that costs $1,500 to do lease options, my man... I guarantee I can get you 2 deals by FEB (NO COST TO YOU) and dude, I am not kidding you!  Matter of fact, I bet my sons college fund, that I can guarantee you a deal (specifically lease option deal) within 2-3 weeks MAX... 



  • Rental Property Investor · Orange County, NY · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    5y
    Ryan Phu...  I couldn't POSSIBLY agree with you more!  1000% I agree with you!  I stupidly allowed myself to get sucked into buying all his courses... one right after another... each time, thinking that "this next course" was going to be the one that fills in the gaps... only to experience yet another huge letdown... and feeling like a total putz (or like Charlie Brown to Joe McCall's "Lucy") for falling for his BS once again...

    I have purchased his
    1. Simple Lease Options
    2. Wholesaling Lease Options
    3. THE Z CODE
    4. The 5 Day 5 Leads Challege
    And finally...
    5. REI Network Cold Calling 101 course

    And each and every time, I felt completely ripped off (ok... to be honest, the REI Network Col Calling 101 course doesn't seem that bad... but it was the last course that I purchased and by then, I was so utterly disgusted with Joe McCall and all his upset BS, that I became cynical and jaded by that point!).

    So... yeah, I agree!  Stay the hell away from anything by Joe McCall.

    Now having said all that, I do wish I could find a really good Lease Oyions program to learn from...

    I did Purchase Wendy Patton's Lease Option program, but it looks like she recorded it 25 years ago...

    I've seen a VIMEO video of Jim Aydelotte,  but has virtually no online presence,  and I've come across a lot of negative comments/reviews about John Jackson that has me feeling less than confident about his lease option program...

    Comments anyone???

  • Homestead, FL · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 3 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Ross Williams:

    No seller in their right mind would agree to a lease option in this market.   

     I would assume a seller "in their right mind" is not a motivated one.

  • Investor · USA · Member since 2019 · 117 posts · 57 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Paul T.:

    I always thought he was a scam, but several other investors I know and trust like him, so I ended up buying some of his lower level stuff, books, recordings and whatnot. They weren't very useful and now I'm in his click funnel/upsell/massive marketing campaign.

    I think his system is probably quite good. I just hate those kinds of marketing tactics, so I would never buy any more of his stuff.

    Not a big fan of wholesale lease options either. It's a lot of effort and money to reach motivated sellers. You'd want more than just a wholesale fee. If you're ok with that then just be a realtor haha.


     Hi Paul, I'm in the Fairfax area as well. Looking to get Joe's program & get into land investing. Would love to connect with you & learn more about your experience! 

  • Real Estate Consultant · Texas Hill Country · Member since 2017 · 56 posts · 58 votes
    1y

    I started purchasing REI courses back in the 1980s. I've watched so-called "Gurus" come and go. I have a good amount of experience with Joe McCall over the past 5+ years and Joe is without a doubt, NOT a scammer. In fact, I would put Joe at the top of my list of least scammy REI gurus over the course of many years.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.