• Winnipeg, MB
Votes |
Looking to connect with people in the Winnipeg, MB area

Mark Ridd
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Winnipeg, MB
Posted Sep 19 2019, 04:23

Hey BP!

I'm new to the forums, and looking to learn. I live in Winnipeg, MB and have been looking into real estate in my area. Currently reading all I can on the subject of real estate investing and looking to buy a single or multi-family home. Ideally I'd buy in the next 8 months for a house hack.

There is a lot of great content on these forums, but it would be great to be able to meet some people who have had some experience as well. If it helps, I am an electrician and would happily trade some handyman skills for the ability to talk and learn!

I have been scrolling the "real estate in Canada" forum looking for a post about my area and haven't found one yet so if there was a good post about Winnipeg, MB then I'd be interested in finding it and giving it a read.

Thanks for taking the time to read my first post,

Mark

User Stats

Votes
Alison Qin
  • Winnipeg, Manitoba
Votes |
  • Winnipeg, Manitoba
Replied Sep 19 2019, 12:28

Hi Mark - I'm a real estate investor and mortgage broker in Winnipeg.  Happy to connect!

User Stats

Votes
Mark Ridd
  • Winnipeg, MB
Votes |
  • Winnipeg, MB
Replied Sep 19 2019, 12:47

@Alison Qin thanks for responding, that would be great!

BiggerPockets logo
Meet Investor-Friendly Agents
|
BiggerPockets
Network with top investor-friendly agents who can help you find, analyze, and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
KP Singh
  • Winnipeg
Votes |
  • Winnipeg
Replied Sep 19 2019, 16:49

Hey Mark, 

Welcome to the RE world - you are right there's not much content about our local Winnipeg market here on BP.

I am a part of Truly Invested RE club, we are a locally based group of Realtors/investors/mortgage brokers.

You can find about it by just searching on google also.

Hit me a PM so we can talk more.

Thanks

Kp

User Stats

Votes
Nicole Martin
  • Toronto, Ontario
Votes |
  • Toronto, Ontario
Replied Sep 20 2019, 15:18

Hi Mark,

If you are looking to connect with people in your area, create a meetup group. Ask a local pub if you can host a meetup there with the agreement that people will buy at least a drink. Then advertise on BP, Craigslist, and Kijiji or where ever it's free. I am sure you are not the only one in your area that's looking to network. And I am sure at least 1 other person would attend. There doesn't have to be a topic just spin it as wanting to connect with locals or as you see fit. Did a light bulb go off in your head? No pun intended...lol bad joke. Good luck.

Go Mark go.

User Stats

Votes
Mark Ridd
  • Winnipeg, MB
Votes |
  • Winnipeg, MB
Replied Sep 21 2019, 20:35

@KP Singh and @NicoleMartin thanks for reaching out! Nice to know there are supportive people like you guys out there.

@KP Singh I would be interested in getting to know more about your team and your experience in the RE world

@NicoleMartin that's a good suggestion for a meetup! Loving the positivity!