BPCON2021 Attendees - Let's connect!

BPCON2021 Attendees - Let's connect!

馃帀 Director of Events at BiggerPockets 路 Denver, CO 路 Member since 2016 路 425 posts 路 438 votes

The purpose of this forum is to network with fellow badass investors attending BPCON2021 in New Orleans! 鈿滐笍 馃帀


One of the conference value propositions is building value relationships, so let's get started! 

You're on the honor system. Please only join this conversation if you are registered to attend BPCON2021. 

Questions about the conference or seeking sponsorship opportunities? Reach out to Alex and Lissa at [email protected] 馃専

BiggerPockets
33Reply
560 views

Most Popular Reply

Joe SplitrockPro Member
Moderator
Rental Property Investor 路 Sioux Falls, SD 路 Member since 2015 路 9k+ posts 路 18k+ votes
5y

It is great to connect with everyone ahead of the conference. I was at BPCON19 and will be attending BPCON21. I will be staying at the Sheraton. For those who don't know me, I am a BP moderator and active forum member. I have about 11,000 followers on here and over a thousand connections. I have over 8000 posts in these forums. I love talking real estate!

We (my wife and I) invest mainly in single family homes, although we do operate one STR. I work full time in the IT infrastructure business, so I am also a technology geek. I travel extensively for my day job, so I have been in most every major US city, some many times. I have never spent time in New Orleans, although I flew into the airport one time for a visit to John Stennis Space Center just across the boarder in MS.

As far as investing goals, I am always shopping for more single family homes, but I am getting more selective. As prices have increased, I started working on a plan to build town houses. I also have a concept for a podcast and Youtube channel that I think will be interesting. The trouble is finding time for everything I want to do. 

I love to meet new people and chat about the business, so I look forward to connecting with all of you!

See this reply in the discussion

177 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Trent GumppPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber 路 Fort Wayne, IN 路 Member since 2020 路 6 posts 路 18 votes
    5y

    Hello Everyone.  From Fort Wayne Indiana and this is my first Bigger Pockets event.  Got hotel, tickets, and flight booked.  Staying at Sheraton with Wife.  Flipped my first house earlier this year and am working on buying a duplex and looking for next flip.  Looking forward to meeting everyone!

    • 馃帀 Director of Events at BiggerPockets 路 Denver, CO 路 Member since 2016 路 425 posts 路 438 votes
      5y
      Originally posted by @Trent Gumpp:

      Hello Everyone.  From Fort Wayne Indiana and this is my first Bigger Pockets event.  Got hotel, tickets, and flight booked.  Staying at Sheraton with Wife.  Flipped my first house earlier this year and am working on buying a duplex and looking for next flip.  Looking forward to meeting everyone!

      Yay, we'll see you there! 馃帀

      Make sure you booked under the BiggerPockets room block! :) 

      https://book.passkey.com/event...

      BiggerPockets
  • Rental Property Investor 路 Lubbock, TX 路 Member since 2017 路 39 posts 路 52 votes
    5y

    Yay a thread for the BPCON 2021 attendees.  Can鈥檛 wait to meet y鈥檃ll!

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Bloomfield, NJ 路 Member since 2020 路 138 posts 路 128 votes
    5y

    Hey @Alexandra Hughes Pailet thanks for utilizing my idea! 

    Super excited to get together and meet everyone at BPCON! I鈥檓 glad we have a thread dedicated to attendees only.

    What are everyone鈥檚 goals that they are looking to get out of the conference? 

    Is anyone going down there to buy something while they are there? 

    Have you been to NOLA before, if you haven鈥檛 I鈥檝e been there before and know it ok and know some great restaurants If you live there please connect with us and give us recommendations!

  • Joe SplitrockPro Member
    Moderator
    Rental Property Investor 路 Sioux Falls, SD 路 Member since 2015 路 9k+ posts 路 18k+ votes
    5y

    It is great to connect with everyone ahead of the conference. I was at BPCON19 and will be attending BPCON21. I will be staying at the Sheraton. For those who don't know me, I am a BP moderator and active forum member. I have about 11,000 followers on here and over a thousand connections. I have over 8000 posts in these forums. I love talking real estate!

    We (my wife and I) invest mainly in single family homes, although we do operate one STR. I work full time in the IT infrastructure business, so I am also a technology geek. I travel extensively for my day job, so I have been in most every major US city, some many times. I have never spent time in New Orleans, although I flew into the airport one time for a visit to John Stennis Space Center just across the boarder in MS.

    As far as investing goals, I am always shopping for more single family homes, but I am getting more selective. As prices have increased, I started working on a plan to build town houses. I also have a concept for a podcast and Youtube channel that I think will be interesting. The trouble is finding time for everything I want to do. 

    I love to meet new people and chat about the business, so I look forward to connecting with all of you!

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent 路 Washington, D.C. 路 Member since 2012 路 17k+ posts 路 30k+ votes
    5y

    @Joe Splitrock How the heck did you get 11,000 followers?

    My name is Russell and I am a real estate addict. Im a buy and hold investor, and an agent who specializes in working with investors.  Im a BP Moderator.  I will be going to New Orleans the weekend before the conference. If anyone sees me out and about on Frenchman or Bourbon Streets that weekend before, feel free to stop me and say hi. 

    • Andrew SyriosPro Member
      Moderator
      Residential Real Estate Investor 路 Kansas City, MO 路 Member since 2014 路 10k+ posts 路 5k+ votes
      5y
      Originally posted by @Russell Brazil:

      @Joe Splitrock How the heck did you get 11,000 followers?

      My name is Russell and I am a real estate addict. Im a buy and hold investor, and an agent who specializes in working with investors.  Im a BP Moderator.  I will be going to New Orleans the weekend before the conference. If anyone sees me out and about on Frenchman or Bourbon Streets that weekend before, feel free to stop me and say hi. 

      Gotta be honest @Russell Brazil, it sounds like you're a little bit jelly of @Joe Splitrock's follower count.

  • Jim AdamsPro Member
    Member since 2018 路 35 posts 路 35 votes
    5y

    Hi all, I'm Kristina (Jim's wife). We'll be going to BPCON21 and coming up the weekend before for some extra NOLA time, as we're also celebrating our 13th anniversary on that Monday.  Looking forward to networking and seeing what strategies people are using to close off market land deals in this crazy market.  

    Jim and I got serious about real estate investing in 2019 when we bought 4 small multi families. We added another duplex, 2 flips,  a short term rental and sold our previous primary in 2020. This year,  I got tired of tenants and rehabs and changed my focus to flipping land.  So far this year we've bought 1 more single family and I think I'm up to 7 parcels bought with 2 more under contract. 

  • Ted SungPro Member
    Investor 路 Los Angeles, CA 路 Member since 2021 路 13 posts 路 10 votes
    5y

    Yeah!! Thanks @Alexandra Hughes Pailet for starting this thread!!

    Hello All You Beautiful Badass Investors!! I am Ted, a newbie investor from Los Angeles. Looking forward to connecting and learning!!

    BTW, I found this YouTube video on tourist traps and such in NOLA (since this will be my first visit). Hopefully you find it useful as well.

    Looking forward to meeting everyone in person!!

    Cheers!

    • 馃帀 Director of Events at BiggerPockets 路 Denver, CO 路 Member since 2016 路 425 posts 路 438 votes
      5y
      Originally posted by @Ted Sung:

      Yeah!! Thanks @Alexandra Hughes Pailet for starting this thread!!

      Hello All You Beautiful Badass Investors!! I am Ted, a newbie investor from Los Angeles. Looking forward to connecting and learning!!

      BTW, I found this YouTube video on tourist traps and such in NOLA (since this will be my first visit). Hopefully you find it useful as well.

      Looking forward to meeting everyone in person!!

      Cheers!

      Hey Ted - Glad to hear you're coming!

      If you haven't already, book your hotel now! 馃帀

      Saturday is full (in the block, not the entire hotel) but you can book Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday nights!

      https://book.passkey.com/event...

      BiggerPockets
  • New to Real Estate 路 Worcester, MA 路 Member since 2021 路 63 posts 路 48 votes
    5y

    Hello everyone! I will also be attending BPCON2021 & staying at the Sheraton as well. I'm really looking forward to the conference, meeting the bigger pockets community, and seeing the city of New Orleans! Hal Elrod has been a great inspiration to me over the years, so going to see him speak in person is also very exciting!

    I'm an electrician by trade and having been the electrical contractor for quite a few flips over the years I've decided it's time to get serious about doing this myself. So, being new to real estate I'm very much in the "learn as much as I can" phase. 

  • Investor 路 Vallejo, CA 路 Member since 2020 路 28 posts 路 23 votes
    5y

    Hello everyone!

    My girlfriend Lexi and I will be there for our first BPCON and will be staying at the Sheraton beginning Friday!

    Goal: To get leads for our first out-of-state BRRRR deal.

    Currently finishing a rehab on a duplex here in Vallejo CA (SF Bay Area). Taking advantage of opportunity zones and historic districts (Mills Act) to avoid paying capital gains tax when we sell and to avoid 85% of our property tax.

    Looking forwarding to meeting anyone and everyone! Please reach out if you wanna chat or connect before the event :) 

    • 馃帀 Director of Events at BiggerPockets 路 Denver, CO 路 Member since 2016 路 425 posts 路 438 votes
      5y
      Originally posted by @Sean Resavy:

      Hello everyone!

      My girlfriend Lexi and I will be there for our first BPCON and will be staying at the Sheraton beginning Friday!

      Goal: To get leads for our first out-of-state BRRRR deal.

      Currently finishing a rehab on a duplex here in Vallejo CA (SF Bay Area). Taking advantage of opportunity zones and historic districts (Mills Act) to avoid paying capital gains tax when we sell and to avoid 85% of our property tax.

      Looking forwarding to meeting anyone and everyone! Please reach out if you wanna chat or connect before the event :) 

      Hey Sean - Glad to hear you're coming so early and enjoying all NOLA has to offer!

      Please do us a favor and make sure your room is in the room block! It really helps us when it comes to planning future events and conferences 鈽猴笍

      https://book.passkey.com/event...

      BiggerPockets
  • Investor 路 Auburn, AL 路 Member since 2020 路 4 posts 路 12 votes
    5y

    Hi everyone,

    My wife and I are just starting on our REI journey. We had an offer on a 14 unit last week that we didn't get but our hope is to have a few deals under our belt by BPCON. We've bought and sold three personal homes and we rented out a previous primary residence for 5 years but we're looking to buy our first true investment property. We're using the BRRRR strategy and we're hoping to build a large buy and hold portfolio. I've been a part of BP for a while and I've learned so much. My wife and I are just ready to jump in and we are looking forward to meeting and connecting with you all.

  • Jason TougasPro Member
    Rental Property Investor 路 San Antonio, TX 路 Member since 2019 路 50 posts 路 24 votes
    5y

    Hello everyone,

    I鈥檓 a newer investor from Michigan but have been in texas for the last 5 years. I have bought and sold numerous primary residences since 2012 but began investing in rentals in 2019 in texas. 
    I currently have 4 long term rentals and a 5th project under renovation. I鈥檓 interested in acquiring a short term rental on my next deal once I complete my brrr to try to learn more about that space. I currently renovate and manage all the properties myself (in addition to my W2 job!) as I'm sure many of you can imagine- I stay busy and scaling has been difficult with this strategy. 

    This is my first BP conference and I am super excited. I plan to arrive to N.O. Either Friday night or Saturday and will leave out on Wednesday afternoon. I look forward to meeting with you all and hope to make some longtime friends and possibly partners throughout this experience! 

    • 馃帀 Director of Events at BiggerPockets 路 Denver, CO 路 Member since 2016 路 425 posts 路 438 votes
      5y
      Originally posted by @Jason Tougas:

      Hello everyone,

      I鈥檓 a newer investor from Michigan but have been in texas for the last 5 years. I have bought and sold numerous primary residences since 2012 but began investing in rentals in 2019 in texas. 
      I currently have 4 long term rentals and a 5th project under renovation. I鈥檓 interested in acquiring a short term rental on my next deal once I complete my brrr to try to learn more about that space. I currently renovate and manage all the properties myself (in addition to my W2 job!) as I'm sure many of you can imagine- I stay busy and scaling has been difficult with this strategy. 

      This is my first BP conference and I am super excited. I plan to arrive to N.O. Either Friday night or Saturday and will leave out on Wednesday afternoon. I look forward to meeting with you all and hope to make some longtime friends and possibly partners throughout this experience! 

      Hey Jason! If you haven't already, book your hotel now! 馃帀

      Saturday is full (in the block, not the entire hotel) but you can book Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday nights!

      https://book.passkey.com/event...

      BiggerPockets
  • Real Estate Broker 路 Salt Lake City & Oklahoma City 路 Member since 2018 路 3k+ posts 路 2k+ votes
    5y

    Hey gang, I'm pumped to rub elbows with you at BPCON 2021!  

    I'll be traveling down from Oklahoma City.  Recently I've been looking for other markets to invest in and am looking forward to learning from some pros and meeting fellow travelers along this path!

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Lubbock, TX 路 Member since 2017 路 39 posts 路 52 votes
    5y

    @Joe Splitrock lets connect at BP!  Me and my team will be staying at the Sheraton as well.  We will also have a booth in the exhibitor hall.

  • Shiloh LundahlPro Member
    Rental Property Investor 路 Gilbert, AZ 路 Member since 2016 路 3k+ posts 路 4k+ votes
    5y

    @Joe Splitrock it will be great to see you again at BPCON2021.  

    For everyone on this thread, My name is Shiloh Lundahl.  I have been active on BiggerPockets since 2016.  I was the guest on BP podcast #287 which focused on lease options and I have had a lot of people reach out to me asking about lease options and coaching so I created some videos explaining those subjects. 

    I am also very excited to attend this conference to meet up with old friends and get to know new ones. My partner and I have built up a portfolio of around 200 units including 6 small mobile home parks, a few small multi-family apartments, and 70 single family homes that we sell on lease options.  I am happy to connect with you and share our experience with you and learn from you as well.

    Looking forward to seeing everyone.

  • Katie MillerPro Member
    General Manager, Publishing at BiggerPockets 路 Denver, CO 路 Member since 2017 路 459 posts 路 642 votes
    5y

    Stoked to see y'all in-person in October!!!!

  • New to Real Estate 路 Los Angeles, CA 路 Member since 2018 路 9 posts 路 13 votes
    5y

    Hi everyone and thank you @Alexandra Hughes Pailet for starting this thread!

    My name is Kismet, and I'm super excited to connect and talk about real estate with all of you at BPCON21!

    I discovered BiggerPockets in 2018 but didn't really understand the importance of owning real estate and assets until after I read Rich Dad, Poor Dad in April last year.

    Since then, I've been learning as much as I can about real estate - I've been watching/listening to all the BP and Rookie podcasts, reading all the books and blog posts, analyzing properties, and I also completed pre-license courses and am patiently waiting for my application to take the California Real Estate License exam to be processed (sent it in over 2 months ago!).

    If all goes as planned, I'll be a licensed real estate agent in California when I meet you all in October!

    My current and first (total newbie!) investing goal is to find a single family home with ADU (or room to build one) or duplex/small multi family to house hack as STR in Los Angeles/Burbank/Glendale area.

    As far as what I'm looking to get out of this conference, my main goals are to talk to as many like-minded people about real estate as possible, build new & long-lasting relationships, learn new skills, and grow my real estate business.

    I can't wait to meet everyone! :)

    • 馃帀 Director of Events at BiggerPockets 路 Denver, CO 路 Member since 2016 路 425 posts 路 438 votes
      5y
      Originally posted by @Kismet Dursun:

      Hi everyone and thank you @Alexandra Hughes Pailet for starting this thread!

      My name is Kismet, and I'm super excited to connect and talk about real estate with all of you at BPCON21!

      I discovered BiggerPockets in 2018 but didn't really understand the importance of owning real estate and assets until after I read Rich Dad, Poor Dad in April last year.

      Since then, I've been learning as much as I can about real estate - I've been watching/listening to all the BP and Rookie podcasts, reading all the books and blog posts, analyzing properties, and I also completed pre-license courses and am patiently waiting for my application to take the California Real Estate License exam to be processed (sent it in over 2 months ago!).

      If all goes as planned, I'll be a licensed real estate agent in California when I meet you all in October!

      My current and first (total newbie!) investing goal is to find a single family home with ADU (or room to build one) or duplex/small multi family to house hack as STR in Los Angeles/Burbank/Glendale area.

      As far as what I'm looking to get out of this conference, my main goals are to talk to as many like-minded people about real estate as possible, build new & long-lasting relationships, learn new skills, and grow my real estate business.

      I can't wait to meet everyone! :)

      Happy to start the thread! It was a great idea from another community member :)

       If you haven't already, book your hotel for BPCON now! 馃帀

      Saturday is full (in the block, not the entire hotel) but you can book Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday nights!

      https://book.passkey.com/event...

      BiggerPockets
  • Real Estate Agent 路 Sacramento/Placer ~ San Francisco Bay Area counties 路 Member since 2012 路 1k+ posts 路 743 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Kismet Dursun:

    Hi everyone and thank you @Alexandra Hughes Pailet for starting this thread!

    My name is Kismet, and I'm super excited to connect and talk about real estate with all of you at BPCON21!

    I discovered BiggerPockets in 2018 but didn't really understand the importance of owning real estate and assets until after I read Rich Dad, Poor Dad in April last year.

    Since then, I've been learning as much as I can about real estate - I've been watching/listening to all the BP and Rookie podcasts, reading all the books and blog posts, analyzing properties, and I also completed pre-license courses and am patiently waiting for my application to take the California Real Estate License exam to be processed (sent it in over 2 months ago!).

    If all goes as planned, I'll be a licensed real estate agent in California when I meet you all in October!

    My current and first (total newbie!) investing goal is to find a single family home with ADU (or room to build one) or duplex/small multi family to house hack as STR in Los Angeles/Burbank/Glendale area.

    As far as what I'm looking to get out of this conference, my main goals are to talk to as many like-minded people about real estate as possible, build new & long-lasting relationships, learn new skills, and grow my real estate business.

    I can't wait to meet everyone! :)

    Good luck on your exam in October.. 

  • Real Estate Investor 路 Pittsburgh, PA 路 Member since 2017 路 1 post 路 2 votes
    5y

    Hello all, my name is Ron Carter. I plan to come in Saturday. I鈥檓 an investor in Pittsburgh but I live in Maryland. I currently have 8 properties (15 doors). 

    I am looking forward to soaking up as much knowledge as I can. I would love to connect with other investors from Pittsburgh. Lastly, I鈥檓 excited to network with all of you! 

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Oakland County Michigan 路 Member since 2019 路 4 posts 路 7 votes
    5y

    Hi from Michigan! My husband and I will be coming down on Saturday and staying through Wednesday at the Sheraton. This will be our first BP event and we are really looking forward to meeting some like minded people. We bought our first SFH as shut down went in place in 2020, then our second in the winter of this year. We have really been working on handyman specials since my husband is a contractor. Now that we've dipped our toes in, we are looking at expanding into multi family units. Just really looking forward to making new connections and learning some new strategies.

    • 馃帀 Director of Events at BiggerPockets 路 Denver, CO 路 Member since 2016 路 425 posts 路 438 votes
      5y
      Originally posted by @Tiffany Bildson:

      Hi from Michigan! My husband and I will be coming down on Saturday and staying through Wednesday at the Sheraton. This will be our first BP event and we are really looking forward to meeting some like minded people. We bought our first SFH as shut down went in place in 2020, then our second in the winter of this year. We have really been working on handyman specials since my husband is a contractor. Now that we've dipped our toes in, we are looking at expanding into multi family units. Just really looking forward to making new connections and learning some new strategies.

      Hey Tiffany! If you haven't already, book your hotel now! 馃帀

      Saturday is full (in the block, not the entire hotel) but you can book Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday nights!

      Since you're coming Saturday, you can call to book and still be within our room block Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday night. 鈽猴笍 Being within the room block really helps us when it comes to planning future BiggerPockets events & conferences! 

      https://book.passkey.com/event...

      BiggerPockets
  • Investor 路 Fayetteville, AR 路 Member since 2020 路 27 posts 路 12 votes
    5y

    Hey Everyone! My name is Cameron Johnson. I am from Arkansas, I bought my first rental in April of 2021 and this will be my first BP Conference! 

    I just graduated from college in December of 2020 and I am looking to network with other investors early in the game. I hope to meet other investors in their early 20's (and any age), meet some accountability partners, possible investment partners and learn from some RE veterans. 


    Looking forward to this event!

  • New to Real Estate 路 Los Angeles, CA 路 Member since 2018 路 9 posts 路 13 votes
    5y

    @Mark Pedroza thank you!!!

  • Contractor 路 Yonkers, NY 路 Member since 2020 路 8 posts 路 6 votes
    5y

    Hi All! Hoping to get to chat to some of you in person In October.

    I鈥檓 Denis from Ireland, now home is NY where I currently have 3 small multi families/ 12 doors and in a syndication for larger multi family property in Alabama.

    Looking to share experiences/stories and network. Really looking forward to being around like minded people who are excited by anything to do with real estate like myself.

    Please feel free to connect ahead of conference or at conference! I鈥檓 always happy to meet new people!

    Safe travels and see you all there

  • Curt DavisBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber 路 Memphis, TN 路 Member since 2008 路 5k+ posts 路 2k+ votes
    5y

    I will be attending BPCON2021 this year. I will be staying on-site. I was also at the 2019 event. I am located in the Memphis market.  I have been a part of BP since 2008 so I think that officially makes me a senior citizen here !!!  Looking forward to networking as well as being actually excited for several of the break-out events!!  See you there!!!

    Curt Davis - KAIZEN Realty538 Reviews
    • 馃帀 Director of Events at BiggerPockets 路 Denver, CO 路 Member since 2016 路 425 posts 路 438 votes
      5y
      Originally posted by @Curt Davis:

      I will be attending BPCON2021 this year. I will be staying on-site. I was also at the 2019 event. I am located in the Memphis market.  I have been a part of BP since 2008 so I think that officially makes me a senior citizen here !!!  Looking forward to networking as well as being actually excited for several of the break-out events!!  See you there!!!

      Hey Curt! If you haven't already, book your hotel now! 馃帀

      Saturday is full (in the block, not the entire hotel) but you can book Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday nights! 

      https://book.passkey.com/event...

      BiggerPockets
  • Ted SungPro Member
    Investor 路 Los Angeles, CA 路 Member since 2021 路 13 posts 路 10 votes
    5y

    Hi @Kismet Dursun, noticed you are a fellow La La Lander!! 馃憤 I'm West LA / Culver City-ish. I also just started on my REI journey. Let's definitely connect and meet up. Congrats on your RE license!! Cheers!! 馃帀

  • Realtor 路 Dallas - Fort Worth Metroplex, TX 路 Member since 2016 路 1k+ posts 路 925 votes
    5y

    BPCon2019 was truly inspirational. I've mentioned this before, but for Josh and those guys to create an Online community and bring it to life was just beyond amazing. There were 1,000s of people with millions of dollars of Real Estate in one room. It was just perfect. 

    Very much looking forward to BPCon2021. See you there! 

    • 馃帀 Director of Events at BiggerPockets 路 Denver, CO 路 Member since 2016 路 425 posts 路 438 votes
      5y
      Originally posted by @Lucia Rushton:

      BPCon2019 was truly inspirational. I've mentioned this before, but for Josh and those guys to create an Online community and bring it to life was just beyond amazing. There were 1,000s of people with millions of dollars of Real Estate in one room. It was just perfect. 

      Very much looking forward to BPCon2021. See you there! 

      Lucia, so glad to hear you loved BPCON2019! 

      If you haven't already, book your hotel now! 馃帀

      Saturday is full (in the block, not the entire hotel) but you can book Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday nights!

      https://book.passkey.com/event...

      BiggerPockets
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.