Rental Property Investor 路 Sioux Falls, SD 路 Member since 2015 路 9k+ posts 路 18k+ votes
5y
It is great to connect with everyone ahead of the conference. I was at BPCON19 and will be attending BPCON21. I will be staying at the Sheraton. For those who don't know me, I am a BP moderator and active forum member. I have about 11,000 followers on here and over a thousand connections. I have over 8000 posts in these forums. I love talking real estate!
We (my wife and I) invest mainly in single family homes, although we do operate one STR. I work full time in the IT infrastructure business, so I am also a technology geek. I travel extensively for my day job, so I have been in most every major US city, some many times. I have never spent time in New Orleans, although I flew into the airport one time for a visit to John Stennis Space Center just across the boarder in MS.
As far as investing goals, I am always shopping for more single family homes, but I am getting more selective. As prices have increased, I started working on a plan to build town houses. I also have a concept for a podcast and Youtube channel that I think will be interesting. The trouble is finding time for everything I want to do.
I love to meet new people and chat about the business, so I look forward to connecting with all of you!
Hey, I'm Morgan---New Orleans native, property in Virginia, investments online, and looking to keep up with the "new norm" (what's that!?) of real estate, more hacks, advice, tax reduction ideas, international investing (think Golden Visa), blah, blah blah.
I'm excited to come to the BP Conference as I'll have have tons of real estate q's for all of you, as this is my first year! I'm an avid world traveler, 55+ countries, so I never thought to get into real estate investing (I watched my dad do it and it never appealed to me, watching him collect rents from various properties, showing houses on the weekends, endless phone calls at all hours of the evening, etc. I had no clue that these days w technology and efficient processes, I can build a sweet cash flow from wherever I am in the world---and with Covid allowing more digital real estate signings, zooms, agreements, etc, I'm sold (pun intended)!!!!
I can't wait to meet you all, and as I'm Louisiana Cajun, if you've any questions about Nola, Cajun culture, the bayou, food, what Cracklin's are, restaurants, etc, I'm here for ya. Find me and should have some creative answers for ya!
.....and if any of you have experience in buying property abroad, again, please find me or say hi when you see me! I've spent 1/2 of my life NOT in the US, mostly Europe and South America. Also, come say hi if you're a local too....or if you're human and love real estate, lol
Hey, I'm Morgan---New Orleans native, property in Virginia, investments online, and looking to keep up with the "new norm" (what's that!?) of real estate, more hacks, advice, tax reduction ideas, international investing (think Golden Visa), blah, blah blah.
I'm excited to come to the BP Conference as I'll have have tons of real estate q's for all of you, as this is my first year! I'm an avid world traveler, 55+ countries, so I never thought to get into real estate investing (I watched my dad do it and it never appealed to me, watching him collect rents from various properties, showing houses on the weekends, endless phone calls at all hours of the evening, etc. I had no clue that these days w technology and efficient processes, I can build a sweet cash flow from wherever I am in the world---and with Covid allowing more digital real estate signings, zooms, agreements, etc, I'm sold (pun intended)!!!!
I can't wait to meet you all, and as I'm Louisiana Cajun, if you've any questions about Nola, Cajun culture, the bayou, food, what Cracklin's are, restaurants, etc, I'm here for ya. Find me and should have some creative answers for ya!
.....and if any of you have experience in buying property abroad, again, please find me or say hi when you see me! I've spent 1/2 of my life NOT in the US, mostly Europe and South America. Also, come say hi if you're a local too....or if you're human and love real estate, lol
Specialist 路 Baton Rouge, LA 路 Member since 2018 路 117 posts 路 110 votes
4y
@Morgan Daniels ohh I'm interested in whatever you learn re: international investing.
And remote landlording is a topic that I think a lot of the out of state people have figured out pretty well, my problem is just that I haven't found a property management company here that fits what I expect.
A bit behind you with only 28 countries, but trying to use real estate to free me to see more and for longer amounts of time!
Awesome, fellow local AND traveller! I look forward to meeting you and sharing knowledge and most likely some interesting travel and real estate stories!
Investor 路 Member since 2020 路 502 posts 路 203 votes
4y
Can't wait! I'll be there. Love networking with deal makers. Let's get some deals done! :) I'm on a quest to buy 52 properties in 52 weeks this year so I NEED to buy a deal while I am in NOLA. Who's in?
You have some work to do. I'm way past 100 countries and stopped counting! ;-)
I love visiting NOLA and there's a chance I could come last minute to the conference but it seems pretty much sold out anyway.
If you're interested in international real estate investing, did you know there's an international real estate forum here on BP? I've responded to hundreds of posts there since I'm focusing on investing internationally and I'm one of the too few how know the subject pretty well. Feel free to reach out to me if you think I can help.
Rental Property Investor 路 Dunedin, FL 路 Member since 2020 路 23 posts 路 32 votes
4y
Yes! A great forum to connect pre-conference. This is my first BP conference and I'm excited to meet and connect with many people from all over the country!
I'm an out of state real estate investor, flipper and holder. I live in Tampa, FL area and mostly invest in Ohio - Dayton and Cincinnati areas. Just started a couple years ago and have 27 doors currently. Most single family and duplexes along with a triplex and 5-unit.
I mainly want to learn how to leverage up to the next level. Taking a recent podcast analogy - I'm in that Awkward Adolescent phase. :) I need to do bigger deals in the multi-family area.
I have my own cash and a good sized HML line that I'm using primarily. I have several friends/family/good acquaintances who are willing to invest $50-100k at a time on new projects. Some are fine with just private money loan terms, others may want some equity.
Would LOVE to connect with others who have navigated this jump into bigger mutli-family projects. If you're active in this space, a commercial asset-based lender or also do frequent flipping let's connect and talk more in NOLA!!
Investor 路 Durango, CO 路 Member since 2019 路 33 posts 路 4 votes
4y
@Travis Hanson Travis would love to connect with you in NOLA! Your team just took over a few properties for us in Lubbock and would love to discuss what you are doing with Invex!
Investor 路 FL 路 Member since 2020 路 41 posts 路 21 votes
4y
@Morgan Daniels I bought my first rental property while based in Australia so let鈥檚 definitely connect re: international investing. And I鈥檇 love recommendations for restaurants (and good coffee) in town :) pm me
Rental Property Investor 路 Lubbock, TX 路 Member since 2017 路 39 posts 路 52 votes
4y
Hey @Shane Brooks I had some family issues come up so unfortunately I am unable to attend. Please give me a call after the conference and we can catch up.
Realtor 路 Dallas - Fort Worth Metroplex, TX 路 Member since 2016 路 1k+ posts 路 925 votes
4y
WoW! Gosh how I love BiggerPockets and BPCon events. 2021 was outstanding! I'm still digesting my notes and take-aways, and would love to hear what people thought and are planning to implement moving forward.
WoW! Gosh how I love BiggerPockets and BPCon events. 2021 was outstanding! I'm still digesting my notes and take-aways, and would love to hear what people thought and are planning to implement moving forward.
BPCON2021 was fantastic. Learned a lot and got a huge refresher on several tried and true concepts/ideas. Loved Hal Elrod's and Brandon's keynotes. The parade at the end was so fun! Those hurricanes and grenades were so artificially delicious. 馃槀
Realtor 路 Dallas - Fort Worth Metroplex, TX 路 Member since 2016 路 1k+ posts 路 925 votes
4y
I've been reviewing my notes and one practice I am going to implement is the "I Can't Change It - 5 Min Rule" I just had some bracelets made to help me as a reminder :)
Real Estate Broker 路 Portland, OR 路 Member since 2018 路 123 posts 路 71 votes
4y
Is there a spot where we can get slides from the presenters? I am especially interested in Brian Beaulieus. Many of the presenters thought their presentations would be available on the BP site???
It was great to hear all the speakers but also to connect with so many like minded people ! @Lucia Rushton I was looking at getting bracelets done too!