BPCON2021 Attendees - Let's connect!

177 Replies

Hey guys, I'll be there representing Pittsburgh PA, I'm a buy and hold investor, I have recently started working with other investors out of state. I can't wait to learn, grow and network. 

Hello everyone! I've been waiting for RE conferences to come back for a year! So I'm very excited that BP decided to do it an hour from my market. Can't wait to meet all of you and I wish everyone success in these next couple months. I have two houses under contract as well as am working on a seller financed fourplex deal, and am looking to take investing to the next level after the conference!

Hi all! I'm Sara, coming from Washington DC area. This will be my first BP event of any kind, a couple mastermind friends and I will be making the trip together and staying in a nearby airbnb. 

I currently have one houseback/BRRR that I am renovating and I've also been a reno consultant for many investors in the DC area. I'm hoping to meet people at the conference that can teach me more about using hard money to get some more solo flips under my belt as well as network to expand my consultant side hustle. Can't wait to meet you all.

Got our tickets last night! I’m stoked about meeting up with so many likeminded individuals and it is our first time to NOLA!

Looking forward to learning a lot and meeting new folks to grow!

Strength in Numbers. Semper Growing

See you all there!

Grant

Originally posted by @Austin Grant McDowell:

Got our tickets last night! I’m stoked about meeting up with so many likeminded individuals and it is our first time to NOLA!

Looking forward to learning a lot and meeting new folks to grow!

Strength in Numbers. Semper Growing

See you all there!

Grant

wooohooo! Don't forget to booth your room! You can call the Sheraton New Orleans Hotel and tell them you want to be in our room block. We still have space Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday nights! 

Originally posted by @Russell Brazil :

@Joe Splitrock How the heck did you get 11,000 followers?

My name is Russell and I am a real estate addict. Im a buy and hold investor, and an agent who specializes in working with investors.  Im a BP Moderator.  I will be going to New Orleans the weekend before the conference. If anyone sees me out and about on Frenchman or Bourbon Streets that weekend before, feel free to stop me and say hi. 

Gotta be honest @Russell Brazil, it sounds like you're a little bit jelly of @Joe Splitrock's follower count.

Hello everyone, I very much look forward to seeing you at the conference. And please join me for my presentation on due diligence. (I've written a lot on that topic for the BP blog too, which you can check out as well.) See everyone soon!
Originally posted by @Dennis Yosco:

@Alexandra Hughes Pailet

What’s the current status of BPCON. I know as of now JAZZ fest the following weekend has been canceled. I hope that you guys cancel as well.

Or make it for vaccinated only maybe? I don’t mind that either.

Hey Dennis! 
At this time we don't have any plans to cancel. We are closely monitoring CDC guidelines and feel that masks will likely be required (if not by the city, then by BiggerPockets). 

What's up everybody, I'm a 26 year old investor in San Antonio, Texas and I can't explain how excited I am for the BP Conference. (Please don't cancel it!!!)

I'm just getting started but the Bigger Pockets platform has already helped me out so much. I purchased my first rental property in March and have seen early success since listing it on AirBNB. 

I'm just looking to learn, network and surround myself with you all. Let's get it!!

We just added more Saturday rooms today so now is your chance to book in the room block if you haven't already!

We know it's a pain, but we would love it if you canceled your current room (assuming it's refundable) and booked under the room block. 

Why would we care so much about a thing like this? Here's the deal with large-scale events–it is ridiculously good for us when it comes to planning future conferences if we have our room block 100% full. Because of the issues with not having enough rooms on Saturday thus folks not booking within the room block at all, it has really set us back. 

All that said, we would be forever grateful if you booked under the block 💙

🌟 Book here! https://book.passkey.com/event/50051817/owner/111/home?utm_source=Iterable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=PROOF_CAMPAIGN_NAME

My wife Sandy and son Ryan; we just do Self Storage.  8 locations with around 1,200 units.  Another 500 units to be added on existing sites in the next two years.  Looking forward to the convention.  Showing my wife Sandy, New Orleans, hasn't been yet; also grew up in Louisiana, so looking to splurge on Cajun dishes- softshell crabs, boudin, catfish courtbuillon and beignets.  Have a Hurricane and ride on a Trolley car again.

My goal is to meet some experienced SFH and MFH operators and have them explain their operations and finances, versus Self Storage to my wife. It always comes better from someone else, the simplicity of the Self Storage business for my wife to hear, versus other REI business models.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

@Travis Sterner - Also from Pittsburgh! We had a PGH meetup group 2 years ago Nashville. We’ll probably reconvene this year in New Orleans. Great way to meet other hometown investors. Let’s connect! 

@Henry Clark - We just closed on our first self storage facility in Pittsburgh earlier this year. Would love to connect at the conference! 

Hey everyone! Also from Pittsburgh! I'm an investor and also own a property management company. Just had a baby 2 months ago so I'm not able to make it but I'm sending part of my team down this year. Can't wait to see what they learn and also looking forward to 2022 as I really want to attend!

Let me know what floor the room blocks are on... I'm gonna try hotel hacking you can catch me with a sleeping bag in the maintenance closet 

Anyone know about the bonus mentioned in the July 2020 email (see below)?

If you would like a refund please email us at ..., otherwise, we will hold on to your ticket until the conference in 2021! If you choose not to request a refund, please know we are working on providing a bonus networking opportunity as a way of saying thank you for your support.

Hi Everyone. I'm from the Boston area and a buy and hold investor. I have 7 units right now and looking forward to networking with this great community. I booked my tickets and hotel and am ready to learn from all of the great investors attending. If anyone sees me at the conference, always feel free to come up and introduce yourself. I love talking "shop" with other RE entrepreneurs. 

Hey hey, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone! I'm staying at the Sheraton. I live in Austin, Texas but have a couple investments in my hometown of Denver. Definitely looking forward to the sessions and networking. I'm hoping to get involved in a syndication in the next year and use my appraising skills. Let's connect!

Originally posted by @Eric Patrick Oden:

Anyone know about the bonus mentioned in the July 2020 email (see below)?

If you would like a refund please email us at ..., otherwise, we will hold on to your ticket until the conference in 2021! If you choose not to request a refund, please know we are working on providing a bonus networking opportunity as a way of saying thank you for your support.

Hey Eric! We chatted via email but I wanted to follow up here as well for everyone else. 

For anyone that falls into this category, you can email me at [email protected] if you have questions :) 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you