BPCON2021 Attendees - Let's connect!

177 Replies

The purpose of this forum is to network with fellow badass investors attending BPCON2021 in New Orleans! ⚜️ 🎉

One of the conference value propositions is building value relationships, so let's get started! 

You're on the honor system. Please only join this conversation if you are registered to attend BPCON2021. 

Questions about the conference or seeking sponsorship opportunities? Reach out to Alex and Lissa at [email protected] 🌟

Hello Everyone.  From Fort Wayne Indiana and this is my first Bigger Pockets event.  Got hotel, tickets, and flight booked.  Staying at Sheraton with Wife.  Flipped my first house earlier this year and am working on buying a duplex and looking for next flip.  Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Promotion
Contracoin
Bridging between Crypto and Real Estate
Get ready to buy your next property using Crypto
Using crypto to own property, leverage #CTCN in buying your next home and more
Time to buy property

Hey @Alexandra Hughes Pailet thanks for utilizing my idea! 

Super excited to get together and meet everyone at BPCON! I’m glad we have a thread dedicated to attendees only.

What are everyone’s goals that they are looking to get out of the conference? 

Is anyone going down there to buy something while they are there? 

Have you been to NOLA before, if you haven’t I’ve been there before and know it ok and know some great restaurants If you live there please connect with us and give us recommendations!

It is great to connect with everyone ahead of the conference. I was at BPCON19 and will be attending BPCON21. I will be staying at the Sheraton. For those who don't know me, I am a BP moderator and active forum member. I have about 11,000 followers on here and over a thousand connections. I have over 8000 posts in these forums. I love talking real estate!

We (my wife and I) invest mainly in single family homes, although we do operate one STR. I work full time in the IT infrastructure business, so I am also a technology geek. I travel extensively for my day job, so I have been in most every major US city, some many times. I have never spent time in New Orleans, although I flew into the airport one time for a visit to John Stennis Space Center just across the boarder in MS.

As far as investing goals, I am always shopping for more single family homes, but I am getting more selective. As prices have increased, I started working on a plan to build town houses. I also have a concept for a podcast and Youtube channel that I think will be interesting. The trouble is finding time for everything I want to do. 

I love to meet new people and chat about the business, so I look forward to connecting with all of you!

@Joe Splitrock How the heck did you get 11,000 followers?

My name is Russell and I am a real estate addict. Im a buy and hold investor, and an agent who specializes in working with investors.  Im a BP Moderator.  I will be going to New Orleans the weekend before the conference. If anyone sees me out and about on Frenchman or Bourbon Streets that weekend before, feel free to stop me and say hi. 

Hi all, I'm Kristina (Jim's wife). We'll be going to BPCON21 and coming up the weekend before for some extra NOLA time, as we're also celebrating our 13th anniversary on that Monday.  Looking forward to networking and seeing what strategies people are using to close off market land deals in this crazy market.  

Jim and I got serious about real estate investing in 2019 when we bought 4 small multi families. We added another duplex, 2 flips,  a short term rental and sold our previous primary in 2020. This year,  I got tired of tenants and rehabs and changed my focus to flipping land.  So far this year we've bought 1 more single family and I think I'm up to 7 parcels bought with 2 more under contract. 

Yeah!! Thanks @Alexandra Hughes Pailet for starting this thread!!

Hello All You Beautiful Badass Investors!! I am Ted, a newbie investor from Los Angeles. Looking forward to connecting and learning!!

BTW, I found this YouTube video on tourist traps and such in NOLA (since this will be my first visit). Hopefully you find it useful as well.

Looking forward to meeting everyone in person!!

Cheers!

Hello everyone! I will also be attending BPCON2021 & staying at the Sheraton as well. I'm really looking forward to the conference, meeting the bigger pockets community, and seeing the city of New Orleans! Hal Elrod has been a great inspiration to me over the years, so going to see him speak in person is also very exciting!

I'm an electrician by trade and having been the electrical contractor for quite a few flips over the years I've decided it's time to get serious about doing this myself. So, being new to real estate I'm very much in the "learn as much as I can" phase. 

Hello everyone!

My girlfriend Lexi and I will be there for our first BPCON and will be staying at the Sheraton beginning Friday!

Goal: To get leads for our first out-of-state BRRRR deal.

Currently finishing a rehab on a duplex here in Vallejo CA (SF Bay Area). Taking advantage of opportunity zones and historic districts (Mills Act) to avoid paying capital gains tax when we sell and to avoid 85% of our property tax.

Looking forwarding to meeting anyone and everyone! Please reach out if you wanna chat or connect before the event :) 

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are just starting on our REI journey. We had an offer on a 14 unit last week that we didn't get but our hope is to have a few deals under our belt by BPCON. We've bought and sold three personal homes and we rented out a previous primary residence for 5 years but we're looking to buy our first true investment property. We're using the BRRRR strategy and we're hoping to build a large buy and hold portfolio. I've been a part of BP for a while and I've learned so much. My wife and I are just ready to jump in and we are looking forward to meeting and connecting with you all.

Hello everyone,

I’m a newer investor from Michigan but have been in texas for the last 5 years. I have bought and sold numerous primary residences since 2012 but began investing in rentals in 2019 in texas. 
I currently have 4 long term rentals and a 5th project under renovation. I’m interested in acquiring a short term rental on my next deal once I complete my brrr to try to learn more about that space. I currently renovate and manage all the properties myself (in addition to my W2 job!) as I'm sure many of you can imagine- I stay busy and scaling has been difficult with this strategy. 

This is my first BP conference and I am super excited. I plan to arrive to N.O. Either Friday night or Saturday and will leave out on Wednesday afternoon. I look forward to meeting with you all and hope to make some longtime friends and possibly partners throughout this experience! 

Hey gang, I'm pumped to rub elbows with you at BPCON 2021!  

I'll be traveling down from Oklahoma City.  Recently I've been looking for other markets to invest in and am looking forward to learning from some pros and meeting fellow travelers along this path!

Promotion
Sundae
Property Marketplace
Find Professionally Vetted Properties from Motivated Sellers
Eliminate the need to hunt for houses again. We bring your next investment opportunity to you.

@Joe Splitrock it will be great to see you again at BPCON2021.  

For everyone on this thread, My name is Shiloh Lundahl.  I have been active on BiggerPockets since 2016.  I was the guest on BP podcast #287 which focused on lease options and I have had a lot of people reach out to me asking about lease options and coaching so I created some videos explaining those subjects. 

I am also very excited to attend this conference to meet up with old friends and get to know new ones. My partner and I have built up a portfolio of around 200 units including 6 small mobile home parks, a few small multi-family apartments, and 70 single family homes that we sell on lease options.  I am happy to connect with you and share our experience with you and learn from you as well.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Hi everyone and thank you @Alexandra Hughes Pailet for starting this thread!

My name is Kismet, and I'm super excited to connect and talk about real estate with all of you at BPCON21!

I discovered BiggerPockets in 2018 but didn't really understand the importance of owning real estate and assets until after I read Rich Dad, Poor Dad in April last year.

Since then, I've been learning as much as I can about real estate - I've been watching/listening to all the BP and Rookie podcasts, reading all the books and blog posts, analyzing properties, and I also completed pre-license courses and am patiently waiting for my application to take the California Real Estate License exam to be processed (sent it in over 2 months ago!).

If all goes as planned, I'll be a licensed real estate agent in California when I meet you all in October!

My current and first (total newbie!) investing goal is to find a single family home with ADU (or room to build one) or duplex/small multi family to house hack as STR in Los Angeles/Burbank/Glendale area.

As far as what I'm looking to get out of this conference, my main goals are to talk to as many like-minded people about real estate as possible, build new & long-lasting relationships, learn new skills, and grow my real estate business.

I can't wait to meet everyone! :)

Originally posted by @Kismet Dursun :

Hi everyone and thank you @Alexandra Hughes Pailet for starting this thread!

My name is Kismet, and I'm super excited to connect and talk about real estate with all of you at BPCON21!

I discovered BiggerPockets in 2018 but didn't really understand the importance of owning real estate and assets until after I read Rich Dad, Poor Dad in April last year.

Since then, I've been learning as much as I can about real estate - I've been watching/listening to all the BP and Rookie podcasts, reading all the books and blog posts, analyzing properties, and I also completed pre-license courses and am patiently waiting for my application to take the California Real Estate License exam to be processed (sent it in over 2 months ago!).

If all goes as planned, I'll be a licensed real estate agent in California when I meet you all in October!

My current and first (total newbie!) investing goal is to find a single family home with ADU (or room to build one) or duplex/small multi family to house hack as STR in Los Angeles/Burbank/Glendale area.

As far as what I'm looking to get out of this conference, my main goals are to talk to as many like-minded people about real estate as possible, build new & long-lasting relationships, learn new skills, and grow my real estate business.

I can't wait to meet everyone! :)

Good luck on your exam in October.. 

Hello all, my name is Ron Carter. I plan to come in Saturday. I’m an investor in Pittsburgh but I live in Maryland. I currently have 8 properties (15 doors). 

I am looking forward to soaking up as much knowledge as I can. I would love to connect with other investors from Pittsburgh. Lastly, I’m excited to network with all of you! 

Hi from Michigan! My husband and I will be coming down on Saturday and staying through Wednesday at the Sheraton. This will be our first BP event and we are really looking forward to meeting some like minded people. We bought our first SFH as shut down went in place in 2020, then our second in the winter of this year. We have really been working on handyman specials since my husband is a contractor. Now that we've dipped our toes in, we are looking at expanding into multi family units. Just really looking forward to making new connections and learning some new strategies.

Hey Everyone! My name is Cameron Johnson. I am from Arkansas, I bought my first rental in April of 2021 and this will be my first BP Conference! 

I just graduated from college in December of 2020 and I am looking to network with other investors early in the game. I hope to meet other investors in their early 20's (and any age), meet some accountability partners, possible investment partners and learn from some RE veterans. 

Looking forward to this event!

Hi All! Hoping to get to chat to some of you in person In October.

I’m Denis from Ireland, now home is NY where I currently have 3 small multi families/ 12 doors and in a syndication for larger multi family property in Alabama.

Looking to share experiences/stories and network. Really looking forward to being around like minded people who are excited by anything to do with real estate like myself.

Please feel free to connect ahead of conference or at conference! I’m always happy to meet new people!

Safe travels and see you all there

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you