Skip to content
Market Trends & Data

User Stats

Votes
Nikki Yankowski
Votes |
Mass Emailing - mail chimp, constant contact, gmail what are you using and love?

Nikki Yankowski
Posted Mar 14 2023, 12:45

I have been using mail chimp to send out marketing emails but they just switched from a free model to a pay model since I have over 500 contacts. If the paid subscription rate was low, I'd just pay it but since my contact list is high, it's looking to be over $100/ month. I've compared it to Constant Contact and that's pretty pricey as well. 

I was thinking of just doing a bcc, email through gmail instead since most of the graphics and designs come from Canva anyways. I loose out on knowing my click rate numbers or open numbers but I'm not sure that's worth $100/month to know. My primary goal is just to stay relevant in my market. 

I wanted to hear what others' thoughts were or if they had any other suggestions for a mass emailer they like using. 

Thanks in advance.

Nikki

User Stats

Votes
Tiffany Colvert
  • Real Estate Coach
Votes |
  • Real Estate Coach
Replied Mar 14 2023, 13:07

I use Mailerlite and love it! Free up to 1000 contacts, plus you can get free landing pages with sign-up forms and can upload all your beautiful graphics into your emails via drag and drop designer.  https://www.mailerlite.com/inv...

User Stats

Votes
Jennifer Dixon
Pro Member
  • Chattanooga, TN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Chattanooga, TN
Replied Mar 15 2023, 07:39

I hate spending money as much as the next person, but sometimes--esp if you're seeing some ROI on your efforts, it makes sense to pony up some just so that you're be poised to pounce as you grow. Follow up boss is like$69/mo and it does email, has the function to call (additional fee), and other tools - it may be worth looking in to.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Scott E.
  • Developer
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Replied Mar 15 2023, 08:32

I think it's worth it to pay the $100/month if you're happy with mailchimp.

I'm paying ActiveCampaign $70/month and it's definitely worth it for the ease of use and analytics.

You say your primary goal is just to stay relevant in your market. But that's not really your goal. Why do you want to stay relevant in your market? If you're an agent, it's to get more clients. If you're an investor, it's to get more deals.

So your primary goal with this email list really is a lot more than just staying relevant. Having a list that you interact with often should lead to more business (whatever business you're in). Which means that the list should be returning you at least that $100/month, or more.