• Kansas City, MO
Votes |
What are you currently working on?

Mackaylee Beach
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Kansas City, MO
Posted May 3 2023, 13:28

Hey Everyone!

What City are you from and what is a current R.E project you are working on?

I love working with out of state investors and helping them find cash flowing investment properties. 

User Stats

Votes
Karl B.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Erie, PA
Votes |
  • Erie, PA
Replied May 3 2023, 13:36

Erie, PA. I'm working on a 4 bedroom apartment at the moment. I'm currently painting the white trim and am installing cordless window blinds. So much fun. :-)

User Stats

Votes
Mackaylee Beach
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Kansas City, MO
Replied May 4 2023, 10:31
Quote from @Karl B.:

Erie, PA. I'm working on a 4 bedroom apartment at the moment. I'm currently painting the white trim and am installing cordless window blinds. So much fun. :-)

So much fun! :)

I recently finished a full rehab of a 10 unit apt complex.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 8 2023, 09:30

Bought a 3/2 single family in Jefferson City, MO. I did whole new floor, open concept kitchen, new high hats, baseboards, paint, now I will work on the basement. What are good areas to invest in Kansas City, MO? Anyone interest to partner for a fix and flip there in KC?

User Stats

Votes
Michelle Bateman
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Kansas City, MO
Replied May 8 2023, 19:52

From Kansas City - currently working on completing a BRRRR and actively searching for our next investment prop! Specifically looking for mixed-use!

User Stats

Votes
JP Coghill
  • Developer
Votes |
  • Developer
Replied May 8 2023, 21:51

Wrapping up a new construction 7 unit in Los Angeles, mid way on a 5 unit new construction in Los Angeles, about to break ground on 5 units in Los Angeles, have a 7 unit building in plan check in Los Angeles, and working w architects on a 4 unit ground up town house project in Inglewood.  Turning a couple units in Compton, turning a couple units in Denver, looking for an upleg in Denver in the 3-4MM range.

User Stats

Votes
Snehann Kapnadak
Pro Member
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied May 9 2023, 06:43

Building my team! I’m out of state but love KC, currently looking for a partner in the market who has experience with the construction side and who’s looking to get into small multifamily. Meanwhile I’m working on the other logistics: tax, legal, insurance, etc.

User Stats

Votes
Alex Olson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Kansas City Metro
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Kansas City Metro
Replied May 9 2023, 08:16
Quote from @Mackaylee Beach:
Quote from @Karl B.:

You able to attend our multifamily meet up group at Strang Hall on May 25th? All are welcome that are multifamily real estate investors. Just a networking event. 

Xchange CRE - 1031 Exchange RE Brokerage Logo

User Stats

Votes
Travis Biziorek#5 Market Trends & Data Contributor
  • Investor
  • Arroyo Grande, CA
Votes |
Travis Biziorek#5 Market Trends & Data Contributor
  • Investor
  • Arroyo Grande, CA
Replied May 9 2023, 16:24

I live in Arroyo Grande, CA but invest mostly in Detroit.

I have a handful of projects going on right now.

1) I'm near completion of a full-gut rehab on a duplex in Detroit. We'll be in to it for about $160k and it should appraise for $200k+, so not a slam dunk but we'll be renting each unit for $1,300/mo. The cash flow will be fantastic even though I won't get all my money out.

2) We've got the ball rolling on an ADU here at our primary. Preliminary plans are done and approved with the city. We now need to get soil reports done, a structural engineer involved, etc. so we can firm up the plans. We've started receiving quotes from contractors and are pretty happy with the cost of new construction. That said, we're heavily debating acting as our own GC so we can learn more about ground up construction as that's something we're interested in doing in the future.

3) I'm constantly buying, selling, and renovating properties in Detroit for fellow OOS investors. I have such a strong network and deal flow that it just makes too much sense not to do it. I can't do all the deals myself, so why not help friends, family, and other investors get started in that market? 

Having a ton of fun with all these projects and looking forward to a strong 2023!

User Stats

Votes
Amir Khan
  • Investor
  • Coppell, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Coppell, TX
Replied May 9 2023, 16:27

@Mackaylee Beach was this in Kansas City, MO? Did you do it yourself or did you have partners? What is your exit strategy?

User Stats

Votes
Mackaylee Beach
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Kansas City, MO
Replied May 10 2023, 07:12

@Amir Khan I purchase and (oversee) rehab properties myself!   I have a couple administrative helping me with office tasks and managing our subcontractors.  We are putting out about 8 properties a month.  Some we sell to homeowners or turnkey investors.  Some we keep and rent.

User Stats

Votes
Mackaylee Beach
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Kansas City, MO
Replied May 10 2023, 07:13
Quote from @Wilson Pereira De Oliveira:

Bought a 3/2 single family in Jefferson City, MO. I did whole new floor, open concept kitchen, new high hats, baseboards, paint, now I will work on the basement. What are good areas to invest in Kansas City, MO? Anyone interest to partner for a fix and flip there in KC?

Wilson, I'd love to chat more about the KC market and partnering. Feel free to shoot me a private message.

User Stats

Votes
Amir Khan
  • Investor
  • Coppell, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Coppell, TX
Replied May 10 2023, 08:45

@Amir Khan I purchase and (oversee) rehab properties myself!   I have a couple administrative helping me with office tasks and managing our subcontractors.  We are putting out about 8 properties a month.  Some we sell to homeowners or turnkey investors.  Some we keep and rent.

That is awesome! I currently am not looking KC but would love to chat with you when you have time..

User Stats

Votes
Mackaylee Beach
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Kansas City, MO
Replied May 10 2023, 09:49
Quote from @Amir Khan:

That is awesome! I currently am not looking KC but would love to chat with you when you have time..

Absolutely, send me a private message and we can talk privately. 

User Stats

Votes
Amir Khan
  • Investor
  • Coppell, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Coppell, TX
Replied May 10 2023, 15:13
Quote from @Amir Khan:

Absolutely, send me a private message and we can talk privately. 

Just sent you a DM

User Stats

Votes
Ricardo Hidalgo
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied May 11 2023, 14:50

Hey Everyone!

I love working with out of state investors and helping them find cash flowing investment properties. 

Lot 16 Anne Santa Rosa Beach (Build a Short Term Rental)

Finance lot and home construction together

Build Time: 5-6 months

Purchase Price of lot $177,500

Cash investment with downpayment and bank fees for lot purchase: $37,598

Lot appraised for $220,000 (I have made 105% return by just closing on lot.)

Construction Cost $375,000

Architect Plans $6,000 (paid upfront)

Cost to furnish $30,000 (paid upfront and not wrapped into loan)

Interest and Fees to build $12,000 (carrying cost)

Total Cost of capital: 240,698

Final Loan amount when construction is done: $361,900 (add loan amount of construction and lot together. 30% downpayment is the requirement for construction to perm loan.)

Value of new construction $825,000 to $850,000

Property 2

Bought Property: 05/01/2023

149 Damon Circle Panama City Beach

Financed with interest only loan

Renovation time: 5 weeks

Purchase price: $250,000

Cost to buy with fees: 55,000

Renovation cost: $40,000

Furnishings: $15,000

After Repair Value: $350,000-$375,000

2 projects we are working on! passing permitting on a few more lots to start building. 

User Stats

Votes
Napoleon DeCiutiis
  • Real Estate Agent
  • The Short Term Shop / Florida Emerald and Forgotten Coasts
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • The Short Term Shop / Florida Emerald and Forgotten Coasts
Replied May 12 2023, 04:43

Hey Everyone!

Panama City Beach, FL and I am developing four homes this year, with a aim of putting up new quads on the beach for next year! Let's connect!

User Stats

Votes
Kurt West
  • Architect
  • Raleigh, NC
Votes |
  • Architect
  • Raleigh, NC
Replied May 16 2023, 07:58

I'm currently designing a couple STR projects:
1. Glamping cabin (600-700sf).  Now looking for a piece of land near me to build it on.  This is my project.
2. 12 unit (small but not tiny home) community for a client in Virginia. Small college town, urban setting.