What data are you most looking forward too from now until the end of the year and why?
zillow home index especially on Q3-Q4.
I don't care so much about jobless index because first that number is too vague, second , there's no strong correlation to real estate anymore and third, it doesn't display the distribution of the money.
I mean if tomorrow we have 8% unemployment, I hardly see the effect in real estate. Why ? because the number of money floating in the bank is still the same. If tomorrow we have 700% more unemployment but the Fed would acquire more securities and printing more money, RE price is going up even further.
Rental Property Investor · Brandon, SD · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
3y
I cast my vote for unemployment. If it spikes, the effect on RE won't be immediate, but all those people who got a great rate, so they bought a way-too-big house and are affording it only because of their current income will need to sell quickly. If they stop paying the mortgage, it'll take some time for the foreclosures to go through, unless they put their house on the market sooner. I suspect at that time we will see increased inventory.