Airbnbing Rooms in Greensboro, NC

Airbnbing Rooms in Greensboro, NC

New to Real Estate · Greensboro, NC · Member since 2024 · 12 posts · 22 votes

Hey all,

Im trying to decide my next move. Im looking at house hacks in Raleigh or Greensboro. I currently live in Greensboro and own one property I live in that Im planning to rent out once I find the next. Goal is cashflow or at least covering a substantial portion of the mortgage. 

I already have proof of concept in Raleigh as Ive talked to multiple people (including the agent Im working with there) saying airbnb-ing rooms is a cash cow there. 

Reaching out to see if any other investors out there have airbnb-ed rooms in their house in Greensboro NC and how it turned out?

If anyone has any other suggestions about alternative strategies in the area that could facilitate cashflow, Id be all ears. I was thinking about MTRing my current house as its about 4 minutes from Cone hospital. 

1Reply
30 views

Most Popular Reply

Aleka DeGraafBusiness Member
Greensboro, NC · Member since 2023 · 55 posts · 11 votes
1y

We manage STR, reach out to me and I will give you Shannon's contact info. She is one of my PM agents and she has quite a few that is doing by the room.

Fortified Dreams Property Solutions 4.5132 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Aleka DeGraafBusiness Member
    Greensboro, NC · Member since 2023 · 55 posts · 11 votes
    1y

    We manage STR, reach out to me and I will give you Shannon's contact info. She is one of my PM agents and she has quite a few that is doing by the room.

    Fortified Dreams Property Solutions 4.5132 Reviews
  • Ty CouttsBusiness Member
    Lender · Denver, CO · Member since 2022 · 467 posts · 230 votes
    1y

    Hi Brian,

    It sounds like you’re weighing some great options! Both Raleigh and Greensboro have their advantages, but with your experience in Greensboro and proximity to Cone Hospital, MTR (mid-term rentals) could be a strong option, especially for traveling nurses or medical professionals. This strategy could give you steady cash flow while avoiding some of the volatility that can come with Airbnb. As for Raleigh, if you’ve already seen the success of Airbnb-ing rooms there, it’s worth exploring further, as it’s a growing market with plenty of demand.

    For alternative strategies in Greensboro, look into renting by the room, especially for professionals or students. If you decide to go the Airbnb route in either city, be sure to check local regulations around short-term rentals to avoid any surprises. If you have any questions, feel free to DM me.

    Ty Coutts - Aslan Home Lending 544 Reviews
  • Property Manager · Greensboro, NC · Member since 2020 · 31 posts · 22 votes
    1y

    Brian, MTR's can be very strong in Greensboro. We have a handful that we manage for clients. We're connected with a lot of relocation networks at Cone and several through BHHS (which I'm affiliated with for buying/selling). Funny story, but actually one of our MTR tenants is an interim VP for Cone hospital who is in charge of their real estate development acquisition department. Happy to connect or take a look at your property to see what it may be able to rent for.

    I also house hack and rent rooms. Although most of them are longer-term tenants, I just had a midterm in my guest bedroom. My house is walking distance from UNCG, and a furnished room with a shared bathroom can command around $800 to $900. But keep in mind room rental is a lot more management intensive so that is something you should budget for if you plan to hire a PM.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.