Legal & Legislation

User Stats

Votes
Lisa Albright
Votes |
LLC not approve before my purchase

Lisa Albright
Posted Mar 19 2023, 15:53

Hello, thanks in advance for any and all advice.

If I buy a Mulitfamily (2) and pay cash and my LLC is not approved yet, is it easy and is there a large cost associated with the process of putting the property into the LLC after the purchase goes through?

Thank you 

LA

User Stats

Votes
Jason Marino
Pro Member
  • Attorney
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Attorney
Replied Mar 19 2023, 18:54

Hi Lisa,

The process of moving the property from your name to the name of an LLC is fairly simple. You would generally just need to create a Deed from yourself to the LLC and have that Deed recorded in the record for the property. You can contact a title company or an attorney to assist you with this, because there are generally State and local requirements that the Deed must include. Additionally, a title company or an attorney would be able to let you know if a transfer tax will be applicable when you move the property from your name to the LLC.

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Mar 19 2023, 18:55

It will cost you a few hundred dollars, this, of course, depends on where you are located.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Tom Gimer
Pro Member
  • DMV
Votes |
Pro Member
  • DMV
Replied Mar 19 2023, 21:16

Are you saying you settled in the name of a buyer LLC that did not exist when the deed was executed?

That's a much different issue than simply transferring a property acquired in your own name to a newly formed LLC.