Your favorite method to finding deals?

Your favorite method to finding deals?

Rental Property Investor · Somewhere over the Rainbow · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes

What is y'alls favorite way of finding deals?

Quick background: I have a few rentals at the moment - kind of used the brute force method and put 20-25% down on each of them and a couple of them turned into BRRRRs (left some $$ in the deal but not as much as I would have buying at market price). That being said one of the quick realizations I made was how using your own money slows your velocity down significantly. So I've come to the crossroads where I am hoping to get more deals faster (ie: more leads).

Here's what I've got so far:

Cold calling - not going to lie, I straight up don't have the time, discipline or willpower to do this lol

Websites: Auction.com/HUDhomestore (just closed on a HUD home for a new primary residence - awesome place!). Foreclosure.com (I think it basically compiles a list of foreclosures for a monthly fee).

Sheriff Sale/Auctions - don't know how comfortable I am bidding on places that I can't verify the title on. I would be comfortable doing this through auction.com, I just need a way to verify there are no existing leins on the property. I'd have to offer a very low price since the property is "As is" and unseen. 

Propstream (will likely start a direct mail campaign and door knock on the properties that are close to where I live) - I will have this narrowed down by neighborhoods I am interested in. Still need to research on what criteria to use to filter properties and make lists, then skip trace. Costs $99/mo for the service plus I will probably budget 4-5k for initial marketing. 

Other investors - (FB Marketplace/Property Managers/Bandit signs) - Searching places that are for rent on FB marketplace and calling the owner, talking with my current PM and seeing if any landlords are looking to sell their properties, calling the number on bandit signs and seeing if they have anything for sale 

MLS - decent deals seem to be rare or I need my realtor to start essentially low balling very frequently until something sticks

Wholesalers - My networking is the lacking part - I'm on a few FB groups but 99.9% of the stuff is complete garbage. Got one guy that is pretty good, but he only sends a deal every few months. 

I'm about to finish the rehab on my new primary home and will have a sweet office set-up. Hoping to really get going once we get settled in so I'm trying to get prepared and set up now. 

What methods do you all like the most? Which seem to have the most success? How do you formulate your lists on propstream? Favorite criterias to use to filter the best properties? Any insight you all have on any of the methods you personally like to use would be awesome. Thanks!!

3Reply
122 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2019 · 530 posts · 511 votes
4y

All methods work. End of story. It is really what you are comfortable with and how much you want to spend.

1) Buying a list and cold calling: cheap but time intensive. Can be outsourced overseas. But in my area there is a lot of racism with older sellers and not being local or having and accent has almost killed many deals I had to save by coming in as the local yocal. You also have no idea of motivation usually.

2) SEO: You know you are getting a motivated seller because they sought you out. This can be pricey to maintain a high ranking on popular keywords and you never know when Google may change their algorithms. Easy to start getting into with sites like Lead Propeller or Carrot or Realeflow. But to be a star you need regular management and updates. 

3) Pay per click: Don’t sweat native SEO and pay for ad space at the top of native rankings. It seems (our experience) people don’t seem to care if it is an ad or native. Can be pricey but unlike DMM you know the person has some motivation.

4) Facebook: Can be cost effective and gives you tons of tools to target people specifically. We don’t do much here but I know wholesalers that only market this route. 

Side note: For all online intake you need a way to follow up QUICKLY. The chance of getting in touch with the person drops off ridiculously fast from when they fill out all your forms.

5) Direct Mail: Tried and true. Only as good as your copy and your list. Repetition works. We had someone get 52 letters from us once before calling (and selling). Average is 5-7. I know some people with good campaigns get 3-4% response rates (so 30-40 calls per letter). Ours is rather horrible at around 0.3%. So you can easily see the difference in targeting.

6) Bird dogs: Guys that get paid to tell you when they find homes that meet your criteria.

7) Networking: This is probably the all time king and covers so much. From going to your local REIA to telling your mailman you will give them a finders fee if they let you know about any vacant homes on their route and you buy it. The more people that know you buy homes the more opportunities just show up at no cost.

8) Driving for dollars: This one is great for finding those houses that obviously are ugly. Peeling paint? High grass? Shrubs not trimmed? Shingle missing? All have distress and lack of care. Now what you do with that house is the question. You can put a door hanger on their door or a flyer in their mailbox if you are non confrontational and then add them to a DMM campaign. Like to talk to people? Go knock on the door. Somewhere in the middle - skip trace the owner and hand off to a VA to cold call.

9) Awareness marketing: Billboards, TV, Radio - these can be great but you need to be careful because you can drive people to competition accidentally. How? Say you have a billboard that says “Sell Fast in San Antonio to Bob” - someone could just remember ““Sell Fast in San Antonio” and if you are not paying for pay per click or in the top 3 on SEO then you likely just sold the guys house to  a competitor.


See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Patrick DruryBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH & Cleveland OH · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y

    @Jeremy Horton
    What methods do you all like the most? Cold calling 
    Which seems to have the most success? Cold calling 
    Cold calling will always reign supreme over any other way of finding off-market deals. Nothing beats it. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Somewhere over the Rainbow · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Patrick Drury:

    @Jeremy Horton
    What methods do you all like the most? Cold calling 
    Which seems to have the most success? Cold calling 
    Cold calling will always reign supreme over any other way of finding off-market deals. Nothing beats it. 

    Gotcha - what kinds of criteria do you use in your lists of people to cold call? People with equity in their homes? People behind on taxes? Divorces?
  • Denver, CO · Member since 2020 · 69 posts · 89 votes
    4y

    @Jeremy Horton You've obviously put a lot of thought into this. These are all solid methods, and ideally you will have deals come from each of these. Just like @Patrick Drury mentioned, by bread and butter is cold calling. I did this myself for ~7 months before hiring on a team to pick up that part of the business.

    I've had success with vacant homes, multi families that have been owned for a long time (in certain areas), and 'driving for dollars' properties. I've found that we have much more success finding homes that are not people's primary residence. If you ping me I'm happy to send you a video I made on my very first deal that details out a lot of the info you're looking for

    James

  • Rental Property Investor · Somewhere over the Rainbow · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @James Heller:

    @Jeremy Horton You've obviously put a lot of thought into this. These are all solid methods, and ideally you will have deals come from each of these. Just like @Patrick Drury mentioned, by bread and butter is cold calling. I did this myself for ~7 months before hiring on a team to pick up that part of the business.

    I've had success with vacant homes, multi families that have been owned for a long time (in certain areas), and 'driving for dollars' properties. I've found that we have much more success finding homes that are not people's primary residence. If you ping me I'm happy to send you a video I made on my very first deal that details out a lot of the info you're looking for

    James


     Awesome man, sent you a PM!

  • Rental Property Investor · Somewhere over the Rainbow · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Patrick Drury:

    @Jeremy Horton
    What methods do you all like the most? Cold calling 
    Which seems to have the most success? Cold calling 
    Cold calling will always reign supreme over any other way of finding off-market deals. Nothing beats it. 

    Gotcha man, seems like this may be the route I need to go. I do make lists of properties I drive by that are either in my neighborhood or near my other investments. Some are paid off places that are rentals. Even some small MFHs. I may selectively cold call after 'driving for dollars' or kind of hand picking properties that may work well. 

    How do you filter properties to cold call?
  • Rental Property Investor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2019 · 530 posts · 511 votes
    4y

    All methods work. End of story. It is really what you are comfortable with and how much you want to spend.

    1) Buying a list and cold calling: cheap but time intensive. Can be outsourced overseas. But in my area there is a lot of racism with older sellers and not being local or having and accent has almost killed many deals I had to save by coming in as the local yocal. You also have no idea of motivation usually.

    2) SEO: You know you are getting a motivated seller because they sought you out. This can be pricey to maintain a high ranking on popular keywords and you never know when Google may change their algorithms. Easy to start getting into with sites like Lead Propeller or Carrot or Realeflow. But to be a star you need regular management and updates. 

    3) Pay per click: Don’t sweat native SEO and pay for ad space at the top of native rankings. It seems (our experience) people don’t seem to care if it is an ad or native. Can be pricey but unlike DMM you know the person has some motivation.

    4) Facebook: Can be cost effective and gives you tons of tools to target people specifically. We don’t do much here but I know wholesalers that only market this route. 

    Side note: For all online intake you need a way to follow up QUICKLY. The chance of getting in touch with the person drops off ridiculously fast from when they fill out all your forms.

    5) Direct Mail: Tried and true. Only as good as your copy and your list. Repetition works. We had someone get 52 letters from us once before calling (and selling). Average is 5-7. I know some people with good campaigns get 3-4% response rates (so 30-40 calls per letter). Ours is rather horrible at around 0.3%. So you can easily see the difference in targeting.

    6) Bird dogs: Guys that get paid to tell you when they find homes that meet your criteria.

    7) Networking: This is probably the all time king and covers so much. From going to your local REIA to telling your mailman you will give them a finders fee if they let you know about any vacant homes on their route and you buy it. The more people that know you buy homes the more opportunities just show up at no cost.

    8) Driving for dollars: This one is great for finding those houses that obviously are ugly. Peeling paint? High grass? Shrubs not trimmed? Shingle missing? All have distress and lack of care. Now what you do with that house is the question. You can put a door hanger on their door or a flyer in their mailbox if you are non confrontational and then add them to a DMM campaign. Like to talk to people? Go knock on the door. Somewhere in the middle - skip trace the owner and hand off to a VA to cold call.

    9) Awareness marketing: Billboards, TV, Radio - these can be great but you need to be careful because you can drive people to competition accidentally. How? Say you have a billboard that says “Sell Fast in San Antonio to Bob” - someone could just remember ““Sell Fast in San Antonio” and if you are not paying for pay per click or in the top 3 on SEO then you likely just sold the guys house to  a competitor.


  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    4y

    One area I recommend those seeking to acquire properties is to talk to note investors. They are acting as the bank and many buy defaulted debt. If they take back property they typically want to liquidate it asap.

    For us 95% of our deals are from the relationships we have built with others.

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Patrick DruryBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH & Cleveland OH · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y

    @Jeremy Horton
    I honestly just call anybody and everybody that owns the asset I am looking for in a certain zip code. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Somewhere over the Rainbow · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @David Lee Hall, III:

    All methods work. End of story. It is really what you are comfortable with and how much you want to spend.

    1) Buying a list and cold calling: cheap but time intensive. Can be outsourced overseas. But in my area there is a lot of racism with older sellers and not being local or having and accent has almost killed many deals I had to save by coming in as the local yocal. You also have no idea of motivation usually.

    2) SEO: You know you are getting a motivated seller because they sought you out. This can be pricey to maintain a high ranking on popular keywords and you never know when Google may change their algorithms. Easy to start getting into with sites like Lead Propeller or Carrot or Realeflow. But to be a star you need regular management and updates. 

    3) Pay per click: Don’t sweat native SEO and pay for ad space at the top of native rankings. It seems (our experience) people don’t seem to care if it is an ad or native. Can be pricey but unlike DMM you know the person has some motivation.

    4) Facebook: Can be cost effective and gives you tons of tools to target people specifically. We don’t do much here but I know wholesalers that only market this route. 

    Side note: For all online intake you need a way to follow up QUICKLY. The chance of getting in touch with the person drops off ridiculously fast from when they fill out all your forms.

    5) Direct Mail: Tried and true. Only as good as your copy and your list. Repetition works. We had someone get 52 letters from us once before calling (and selling). Average is 5-7. I know some people with good campaigns get 3-4% response rates (so 30-40 calls per letter). Ours is rather horrible at around 0.3%. So you can easily see the difference in targeting.

    6) Bird dogs: Guys that get paid to tell you when they find homes that meet your criteria.

    7) Networking: This is probably the all time king and covers so much. From going to your local REIA to telling your mailman you will give them a finders fee if they let you know about any vacant homes on their route and you buy it. The more people that know you buy homes the more opportunities just show up at no cost.

    8) Driving for dollars: This one is great for finding those houses that obviously are ugly. Peeling paint? High grass? Shrubs not trimmed? Shingle missing? All have distress and lack of care. Now what you do with that house is the question. You can put a door hanger on their door or a flyer in their mailbox if you are non confrontational and then add them to a DMM campaign. Like to talk to people? Go knock on the door. Somewhere in the middle - skip trace the owner and hand off to a VA to cold call.

    9) Awareness marketing: Billboards, TV, Radio - these can be great but you need to be careful because you can drive people to competition accidentally. How? Say you have a billboard that says “Sell Fast in San Antonio to Bob” - someone could just remember ““Sell Fast in San Antonio” and if you are not paying for pay per click or in the top 3 on SEO then you likely just sold the guys house to  a competitor.


    Ah, definitely going to be getting with my mailman - that's one I didn't think about. My SO has so many packages coming to the house we know him pretty well.

    What kind of criteria to you use for your DMM? This is my next point - researching the filters to use to make the best lists. 

    And need to start networking more - that's my weak point, a little tougher since I don't work in the business. I started checking in with my realtor 1-2x a month just to see what's up. I think I will probably get a new one, they guy I have is ok - hasn't brought me anything in a year (I did 4 deals in about the last year - 2 on my own - then used him for 2, but I brought the deal to him). He did good the first 6 months, but responds slow or not at all now. The value just isn't there. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    4y

    Sigh...

    Favorite ways to catch a chicken.

    1. run after it.

    2. hold a piece of corn in your hand and hope it is stupid enough to come peck it and grab it.

    3. Dress up as a coc...  let me use "rooster"  (you are welcome mods) and show some buttfethers and hope the chicken comes to you and grab it with your buttcheeks.

    My point?

    It is MIDBOGGLING to me that every time I see posts like this... the OBVIUOS and BEST method is never there.

    If you want to catch a chicken get a friggin shotgun, point it in its general direction and SHOOT!

    If you want the best way to catch leads... you let THEM do the work and find you and convince themselves you are the one for them.

    SEO duhh.

    And PLEASE people STOP SAYING " All methods work". That is the dumbest thing EVER. As if any of you have done all methods and is an expert in all methods. I mean seriously.. what do you base this on?  Honestly dude!

    How is a less than 3% success rate considered "it works"???

    If DMM and cold calling actually "worked", ANSWER ME THIS:  Why then are SOOOOO many of you doing that still struggling? Do you not actually THINK about what you are saying?!

    NO it does NOT work! if it worked WAY more people would be successful at it. Come on.. seriously!!

    Let me show you a system that ACTUALLY WORKS!!

    All free, all motivated, all serious, all found me I don't find them, all automatic.

    Now here is what I don't get. I have been saying this for years right? WHY are you people STILL nagging about DMM cold calling driving for dollars and STILL saying stupid crap like "Ohh everything works". It is incredibly unbelievable how few of you actually use common sense when it comes to this.

    See all these leads I showed?

    THIS IS NORMAL for me. This is DAILY for me. 

    OK I will challenge you all...

    If you TRULY believe "everything works"..

    which one would you rather have? My results? Where you get 4 to 12 leads every day, all free, motivated I don't lift a finger... or your driving for dollars?

    Honestly, answer me,.. which one would you rather have? 100 out of 100 people would say MY system. 

    OK so then not everything works right? much like trying to catch a chicken by running after it. Same thing. CAN you catch it? Well sure it is not impossible... but does it really work? NO of course not. So why would you run after a chicken when you can just shoot it and eat it? So in this case, running after a chicken DOES NOT WORK... and shooting it does.

    There IS  NO DIFFERENCE from the example I used with a chicken than lead generation for motivated sellers.

    SO SEO is obviously the way to go.

    Then Social media marketing can be paired with it... but you still need a website that is credible which again falls on SEO.

    Example:

    We are doing anywhere from $40K to $80K in profits a week... in one of my businesses 

    Or about $1M every 6 months.. (spending about $2K-$3K a week Facebook ads).

    Again, I don't get it.

    So everyone, I have a question for you.

    Do you ACTUALLY WANT to be successful? Or are you here just pretending you are serious just so you can belong  in a group called biggerpockets?

    So IF you want to be successful, why are you all still asking these questions about "What is the best way to generate leads? How do you do DMM, how often do you send the mailers, what to look for doing door knocking driving for dollars?"

    HONEST QUESTION:

    I really want to understand.. See here is my dilemma..

    When I just started.... I SOOOOOO wished there was a Jerryll in the forum that talked sense, showed INDISPUTABLE proof of ranking, money profits amount of leads generated... it would have been SO MUCH EASIER for me to become successful. I would have never done DMM, I would have started my website sooner and just become successful sooner... well.. because he showed unfakable proof all the time.. I would have LOVED it...

    So my question is...

    What is going through your head when you see someone posting all this proof. logic and common sense... and then just ignore it and try these dumb stupid retarded strategies that YOU KNOW are not working, (because if they worked, you would have gotten 15 deals by now).. and to top it off... you actually BELIEVE them when they tell you :

    "Ohh if it is not working it is because you do not do it enough.. do it more".

    Ohh wait let me get this straight..

    Something is not working.. so that is a sign to do more of it.

    Well crap.. the shuttle blew up, lets just send an other one.. and an other one... it has to reach the moon at one point right?

    SERIOUSLY people?

    I am starting to think it is very deserved why so many of you fail!

    Look gang...

    Success is a choice, as is failure. You just need to choose to be successful.

    So... all of you. Do you actually WANT to make it and not rely on luck to make millions? Do it the right way no? I am convinced, that I shown you enough proof that can't be faked that DMM cold calling driving for dollars, networking with real estate agents (REALLY?!) is not the way to get my results.

    So if you want my results, do what I do!

    SEO, Facebook ads, Tik tok ads YouTube ads.. do what the big boys do like Nike, Apple, Samsung, Sony, Toyota... duh right?

    BTW, I did SEO completely on my own for free. If I can do it you can too! Ask here if you need to know how, I will give it all away for free, just reply  in this forum and we can do it all together step by step!

    Good luck!

  • Wholesaler · Punta Cana, Dominican Republic · Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    All the methods mentioned above work. It comes down to how consistent you are implementing that one strategy. Pick one or two and stick with them to get the best deals. Cold calling is the best, and you want to continue doing real estate agent outreach. After all, it comes down to a numbers game.

    It's good to pick a list to target that you feel comfortable doing. And I'm sure there's a lot more I'm missing here.

    Example: Probate, Divorce, Water shot-off, Pre-foreclosures, HOA Liens, Driving for Dollars. Eviction, Vacant, Bankruptcy, and Absentee Owners.

    If you're in need of a cold caller, I can help tackle that for you.

  • Rental Property Investor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2019 · 530 posts · 511 votes
    4y

    @Jeremy Horton

    In terms of lists a lot depends on what is available in your target area. Probate is popular but expensive - these lists are generally pulled manually. If you can get code violations those are usually strong. Unfortunately in my market code enforcement does not provide lists. Additionally, with probate, understand when someone dies the benefactors get dozens of messages - you are a vulture on the line here. A better route is to target attorneys. Send wedding style letters that say confidential to the attorneys- this gets it to their desk not their secretary. Once you close a deal or two through an attorney you end up in the pipeline for when they get distressed homes. One of the guys in REIA here just does this method (I don't personally).
    My call rate on DMM campaigns (that are list, not driving for dollars based) are so low because I do not mail on motivation. I just blanket house configuration and location for my reliable buyers. It is a shotgun approach for about 25 zip codes as opposed to targeting distress. It has the lowest return rate because of this. For about every 1,000 postcards we send we get about 4 calls. Remember there is *no* distress here, it is simply location based. We close on about 1 in 12 of those. So to close 1 house a month on my non-distressed DMM campaign we are currently running I need to send out about 3,000 postcards. At 61c a postcard I know my budget needs to be $1,800. As my usual assignment fee would be $4,000-$6,000, I know for $1,800 I can profit $2,200-$4,200. Obviously if you aren't in rust belt America moving $125,000 ARV houses you may be getting 5x what I do on profit, but the nice thing is you can easily track lead and lag metrics. We get more leads on SEO and pay per click, but put in more money there as well. When breaking it out by lead source though, each lead is roughly (within $10-15 for all types) the same cost when we use better lists. For the non-motivated DMM list they usually come in about 2.5x more than web leads but that is because there is no motivation. Overall we usually run about $2,200 per closing on advertising spend across all methods. Billboards is something I would like to get back into as we 3x'ed our lead inflow with a limited campaign a few years ago during the 90 day run. I am curious if they would still be as effective.

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    4y

    I like the one that brings me deals. They all do, wholesalers and cold calling reign supreme 

  • Rental Property Investor · Somewhere over the Rainbow · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Jerryll Noorden:

    Sigh...

    Favorite ways to catch a chicken.

    1. run after it.

    2. hold a piece of corn in your hand and hope it is stupid enough to come peck it and grab it.

    3. Dress up as a coc...  let me use "rooster"  (you are welcome mods) and show some buttfethers and hope the chicken comes to you and grab it with your buttcheeks.

    My point?

    It is MIDBOGGLING to me that every time I see posts like this... the OBVIUOS and BEST method is never there.

    If you want to catch a chicken get a friggin shotgun, point it in its general direction and SHOOT!

    If you want the best way to catch leads... you let THEM do the work and find you and convince themselves you are the one for them.

    SEO duhh.

    And PLEASE people STOP SAYING " All methods work". That is the dumbest thing EVER. As if any of you have done all methods and is an expert in all methods. I mean seriously.. what do you base this on?  Honestly dude!

    How is a less than 3% success rate considered "it works"???

    If DMM and cold calling actually "worked", ANSWER ME THIS:  Why then are SOOOOO many of you doing that still struggling? Do you not actually THINK about what you are saying?!

    NO it does NOT work! if it worked WAY more people would be successful at it. Come on.. seriously!!

    Let me show you a system that ACTUALLY WORKS!!

    All free, all motivated, all serious, all found me I don't find them, all automatic.

    Now here is what I don't get. I have been saying this for years right? WHY are you people STILL nagging about DMM cold calling driving for dollars and STILL saying stupid crap like "Ohh everything works". It is incredibly unbelievable how few of you actually use common sense when it comes to this.

    See all these leads I showed?

    THIS IS NORMAL for me. This is DAILY for me. 

    OK I will challenge you all...

    If you TRULY believe "everything works"..

    which one would you rather have? My results? Where you get 4 to 12 leads every day, all free, motivated I don't lift a finger... or your driving for dollars?

    Honestly, answer me,.. which one would you rather have? 100 out of 100 people would say MY system. 

    OK so then not everything works right? much like trying to catch a chicken by running after it. Same thing. CAN you catch it? Well sure it is not impossible... but does it really work? NO of course not. So why would you run after a chicken when you can just shoot it and eat it? So in this case, running after a chicken DOES NOT WORK... and shooting it does.

    There IS  NO DIFFERENCE from the example I used with a chicken than lead generation for motivated sellers.

    SO SEO is obviously the way to go.

    Then Social media marketing can be paired with it... but you still need a website that is credible which again falls on SEO.

    Example:

    We are doing anywhere from $40K to $80K in profits a week... in one of my businesses 

    Or about $1M every 6 months.. (spending about $2K-$3K a week Facebook ads).

    Again, I don't get it.

    So everyone, I have a question for you.

    Do you ACTUALLY WANT to be successful? Or are you here just pretending you are serious just so you can belong  in a group called biggerpockets?

    So IF you want to be successful, why are you all still asking these questions about "What is the best way to generate leads? How do you do DMM, how often do you send the mailers, what to look for doing door knocking driving for dollars?"

    HONEST QUESTION:

    I really want to understand.. See here is my dilemma..

    When I just started.... I SOOOOOO wished there was a Jerryll in the forum that talked sense, showed INDISPUTABLE proof of ranking, money profits amount of leads generated... it would have been SO MUCH EASIER for me to become successful. I would have never done DMM, I would have started my website sooner and just become successful sooner... well.. because he showed unfakable proof all the time.. I would have LOVED it...

    So my question is...

    What is going through your head when you see someone posting all this proof. logic and common sense... and then just ignore it and try these dumb stupid retarded strategies that YOU KNOW are not working, (because if they worked, you would have gotten 15 deals by now).. and to top it off... you actually BELIEVE them when they tell you :

    "Ohh if it is not working it is because you do not do it enough.. do it more".

    Ohh wait let me get this straight..

    Something is not working.. so that is a sign to do more of it.

    Well crap.. the shuttle blew up, lets just send an other one.. and an other one... it has to reach the moon at one point right?

    SERIOUSLY people?

    I am starting to think it is very deserved why so many of you fail!

    Look gang...

    Success is a choice, as is failure. You just need to choose to be successful.

    So... all of you. Do you actually WANT to make it and not rely on luck to make millions? Do it the right way no? I am convinced, that I shown you enough proof that can't be faked that DMM cold calling driving for dollars, networking with real estate agents (REALLY?!) is not the way to get my results.

    So if you want my results, do what I do!

    SEO, Facebook ads, Tik tok ads YouTube ads.. do what the big boys do like Nike, Apple, Samsung, Sony, Toyota... duh right?

    BTW, I did SEO completely on my own for free. If I can do it you can too! Ask here if you need to know how, I will give it all away for free, just reply  in this forum and we can do it all together step by step!

    Good luck!


     Here we go

  • Rental Property Investor · Somewhere over the Rainbow · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Eliott Elias:

    I like the one that brings me deals. They all do, wholesalers and cold calling reign supreme 


     How do you choose who to cold call?

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Jeremy Horton:
    Quote from @Eliott Elias:

    I like the one that brings me deals. They all do, wholesalers and cold calling reign supreme 


     How do you choose who to cold call?


     Listings that have had a price drop, expired listings, driving for dollars

  • Wale LawalBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y

    @Jeremy Horton

    Email marketing to qualified leads, Text messaging, Voicemails left by VAs etc.

    You have to be create in finding deals that meets you investment goals.

    All the best!

  • Scott TrenchPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    4y

    My method: The MLS.

    I look at all the properties that have sold in the last 180 days in my target market, and refine the search until I find the best 5-10 deals that make sense for my long-term strategy. Then, I set a search criteria for those types of properties and wait. Every 2-3 weeks a property will, on average, pop up that meets my criteria. I then pounce, instantly offering and attempting to win one of these deals. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Carthage, NY · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 47 votes
    4y

    I dont know what people mean when they speak of finding or making "deals". Websites. I have a revolving watch list of 200 units at any time on Zillow alone, all of which I would buy, with only a capital and human resource management constraint. When beginning investors ask me where to find deals, I'll just take 20 minutes and send them a dozen in their area off zillow or realitor.com .

    Currently I live in a middle class area where average home price is $160,000. Lets see, 7 houses over is a 4 unit where listing price was just dropped from $50K to $40K, next door sold a few months ago for $33k and was just flipped and resold for $156K, a few blocks the other way was a tax auction sale for $17K, theres another 2 unit between here and there listed for $39K, 3 houses down the other way just sold for 55K and house next to it to cause they basically needed interior repaint, I can go on-Like accidentally find a dozen "deals" walking the dog around the neighborhood?  

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Jeremy Horton:
    Quote from @Jerryll Noorden:

     Here we go


    And this is why I get houses for less than 10% of the ARV, and (none of) you.. don't! ;)

  • Rental Property Investor · Lehigh Valley, PA · Member since 2017 · 200 posts · 191 votes
    4y

    Networking

  • Dan H.Pro Member
    Investor · Poway, CA · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Patrick Drury:

    @Jeremy Horton
    What methods do you all like the most? Cold calling 
    Which seems to have the most success? Cold calling 
    Cold calling will always reign supreme over any other way of finding off-market deals. Nothing beats it. 

    I have the same belief for SEO.

    Why contact potential sellers when you can get interested sellers to contact you?  Why contact uninterested owners when you can narrow the contacts down to only interested sellers?  Why choose something manual when you can use a more automated process?

    Networking also is a good way.  Go to Meet ups.  Let everyone know you purchase properties.  Contact mortgage and RE brokers, estate lawyers, Property Managers, you Uncle Vinny, everyone.

    Good luck

  • Rental Property Investor · Somewhere over the Rainbow · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Jerryll Noorden:
    Quote from @Jeremy Horton:
    Quote from @Jerryll Noorden:

     Here we go


    And this is why I get houses for less than 10% of the ARV, and (none of) you.. don't! ;)

     @Jerryll Noorden - Came off the wrong way my man - already joined your fb page and am interested to learn more. I work offshore (offshore at the moment) so couldn't schedule a meeting since I've got about another week out here (meeting was only available for weds/thursday - but I'll have one scheduled the day I get in. Believe me man, this is something I'm going to be doing full time and long term. This is my out from working out here

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Jeremy Horton:
    Quote from @Jerryll Noorden:
    Quote from @Jeremy Horton:
    Quote from @Jerryll Noorden:

     Here we go


    And this is why I get houses for less than 10% of the ARV, and (none of) you.. don't! ;)

     @Jerryll Noorden - Came off the wrong way my man - already joined your fb page and am interested to learn more. I work offshore (offshore at the moment) so couldn't schedule a meeting since I've got about another week out here (meeting was only available for weds/thursday - but I'll have one scheduled the day I get in. Believe me man, this is something I'm going to be doing full time and long term. This is my out from working out here


     I apologize  man. Dude I read your other message. Really nice of you to say. Yes connect with me, I will do all I can to help. You can set an example, you can be proof of what I have been saying will get you there the fastest way possible. Mind you though.. it is a lot of work, but it is SO worth it.

  • Member since 2019 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    4y

    i am using software, deals are all over the place in the MLS.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.