• Wholesaler
  • Madison , WI
Votes |
How to shut up the Wholesale bashers

Allen Felker
  • Wholesaler
  • Madison , WI
Posted Aug 27 2016, 07:00

Wholesaling real estate can be life changing. I know a lot of people who started from nothing and now make 6+ figures annually doing so, that pisses agents off lol. 

The things I see about wholesaling on BiggerPockets are discouraging and borderline hate speech. 

Basically, the kids that grew up the nice comfortable middle class neighborhoods, went to college like mommy and daddy told them to are telling people that dont have the credit to get a traditional loan or capital to close on a property that you can't be in real estate. 

If you don't have a sh*t load of money to spend, or near excellent credit you shouldn't be in real estate, is the summary of the BS I've been reading. 

Now on to the legal part of it all...

Is wholesaling ILLEGAL? 

No. Wholesaling is simply buying something low and selling it low enough for the end buyer to make a profit. 

Assignments are legal in most states, some not so much...in every state that doesn't allow assignments I GUARANTEE there's an agent pissed off at guy who made his annual salary in one deal. 

Guys and gals, remember: From a legal perspective for a contract to be legitimate you have to have the intent and ability to close. 

The intent comes when you partner with a Transactional lender to fund your deals, you then have the intent and ability to close, if you meet the transactional lenders criteria with the way the deal is set up. 

Now I can already see someone saying "well if you're wholesaling you don't have the intent to buy" Well...you do. But you're only going to close on it if you can sell it, that's actually smarter to me. Rehabbers buy with the hope to sell, as a wholesaler we buy (double close) when we KNOW we can sell and I advise you to be upfront with your sellers as well. 

If you're an inspiring wholesaler be careful with what you pay attention to on here, chance are you got into the business due to lack of a big ol' fat bank account, excellent credit, connections, etc. (All the things the guys bashing wholesalers seem to have...hm...)

Organize your business, learn the laws, help sellers, be honest with them, and by all mean IGNORE THE WHOLESALING BASHERS ON THIS SITE. I bet none of them had to wholesale their way out of $37,380 in debt and a motel room. They don't know the struggle, they don't want you have a bigger pool than Kanye! 

But all jokes aside, guys and girls wholesalers get a bad rep because there are some people who mislead sellers, honesty and full disclosure is the key. 

I understand some people are afraid to tell sellers they wholesale, and that's understandable Don't say that; What you want to do is set up an LLC before you start, get the website the logo, etc. Look credible. Build your buyers list, build your transactional lender team as well, your business is dependent on those things.

So what do you say when a seller asks what you do or what the hell the and/or assigns means? 

"I work with a group of investors (the transactional funders and cash buyers; truth here!) I buy and sell properties to other investors, sometimes I'll assign the contract just to simplify things, that's less in transfer taxes, etc. 

....if they don't want you to assign it (yeah some people are picky and sensitive) and the numbers make sense just double close using a Transactional lender, 0 money out of pocket. It's very simple. 

So, let's go over that again. 

The "INTENT AND ABILITY TO BUY" comes from having a Transactional lender on your team, develop a relationship with them, get to know them. 

Too many people just brush off this idea, well let me tell you, the agents are getting tired of us helping sellers and making a killing so they're running to the big bosses and trying to stop it all, one day assignments may be illegal everywhere unless you're an agent, so in case that day comes be ready. 

Excuse any spelling or grammatical errors... actually don't, I don't give a sh*t. I made my point. 

Happy wholesaling! 

Loading replies...