$5k Wholesale Budget

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2015 · 254 posts · 136 votes
8y

@Keith Coleman I disagree with @Jeff Filali about making a website first.. People get so bogged down on making a perfect website (Which has not given me very many leads) , making a perfect business card, making a perfect yellow letter with the perfect lists.. that they actually just prolong actually getting started and taking serious action.

Your objective starting out is finding a solid, Juicy deal. Once you find a real deal, the buyers list will build itself.

I started my direct mail campaign with less than $600 and 6 weeks of time and it landed me a 25k deal. 

You don't have to spend tons of money to generate good leads. It all depends on how much work you're willing to put into it when your starting off.

If you need any help getting a direct mail campaign together let me know I would be happy to help you out and give you some advice on what has worked for me.

Good luck!

See this reply in the discussion

36 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 8 votes
    8y

    @Nicholas Armstrong I would like your input on getting a direct mail campaign started.

  • Investor · Asheville, NC · Member since 2017 · 506 posts · 404 votes
    8y

    @Cody Evans, either you are a genius or you are WAY overthinking your strategy.  I'm not sure which.  But I am sure I'd never put that much effort into it--then again, I hate math.  lol

    Good luck!

  • Investor · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2015 · 254 posts · 136 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Keith Coleman:

    @Nicholas Armstrong I would like your input on getting a direct mail campaign started.

     Absolutely! Shoot me a message my friend.

  • Realtor · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    8y

    @Larry Higgins - your input here has helped me tremendously. I'm in the Pearland area and just getting started with investing. Vacant properties are my top priority.

  • Norcross, GA · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 8 votes
    8y

    @Keith Coleman Great Post,

    When it comes to Wholesaling, consistent marketing efforts will be key because it is the lifeblood of your business. I would start  by defining some low budget ways to generate leads such as drive for dollars and/or bandit signs routed to a live answered phone number. Once you begin to see progress from that, you may want to begin a direct mail campaign and use that same list for telemarketing to those same individuals with a follow up call to see if they received your mail and understand your marketing message.

  • Larry HigginsPro Member
    Investor · Alvin, TX · Member since 2014 · 87 posts · 124 votes
    8y

    @Shawn Parson I appreciate the feedback.  I try to give thoughtful responses.....especially to newer investors with tight budgets or limited time to market for deals.  I remember all too well what it was like getting started.

    Glad to hear you're pursuing vacant houses.  Not to repeat myself too much lol, but I believe that's the best way to go when you're starting out.

    If you ever want to pick my brain about anything, don't hesitate to email me and we can arrange a call. 

    Good Luck out there!

  • Rental Property Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2017 · 147 posts · 65 votes
    8y

    5k is more than enough.  You just getting started?  Sit and write 100 letters out.  Honestly it isn't fun, but I love thinking about the process that I went through at first writing almost 1000 letters.  You will appreciate every lead.  It costs a lot and takes time, but the response rate is better.

    After a while, you can transition to paying for marketing.  At first, I would recommend writing your own- just because of the experience.

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 8 votes
    8y

    Hey @Peter Pratti thanks for the feedback. I was actually thinking about that a couple of days ago that I should do it myself. I’m just overthinking and making it harder than it is. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2017 · 147 posts · 65 votes
    8y

    No problem, hope you do well!

  • Wholesaler · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Larry Higgins As far as legality in TX, would you agree that using transactional funding means you don't have to disclose to seller that you are wholesaler? Since technically you'd be on title for a short period of time having transacted A-B w/ short-term funds. I know this method at least hides the assignment fee on both ends, which is very useful ~

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.