Long term/mid term insurance

Long term/mid term insurance

Member since 2024 · 1 post · 0 votes

I have a 4 plex ready to go. Two units are year round, two are mid term. I have been having a heck of a time finding insurance. My insurance agent tried Allstate but they said all units need to be occupied before they write a policy. I’ve heard terrible things about Obie and Steadily. Proper insurance is crazy expensive. My insurance agent found two others but both required an automatic water turn off at the main valve but it’s physically impossible to put one there. I have my first tenant moving in next week!

0Reply
55 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Owen RosenBusiness Member
    Professional · Clinton Township, MI · Member since 2015 · 680 posts · 259 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Maria Lamb:

    I have a 4 plex ready to go. Two units are year round, two are mid term. I have been having a heck of a time finding insurance. My insurance agent tried Allstate but they said all units need to be occupied before they write a policy. I’ve heard terrible things about Obie and Steadily. Proper insurance is crazy expensive. My insurance agent found two others but both required an automatic water turn off at the main valve but it’s physically impossible to put one there. I have my first tenant moving in next week!

    What did you hear about Obie and Steadily?
    Royal Oath Insurance Group4.9203 Reviews
  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2023 · 28 posts · 20 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Maria Lamb:

    I have a 4 plex ready to go. Two units are year round, two are mid term. I have been having a heck of a time finding insurance. My insurance agent tried Allstate but they said all units need to be occupied before they write a policy. I’ve heard terrible things about Obie and Steadily. Proper insurance is crazy expensive. My insurance agent found two others but both required an automatic water turn off at the main valve but it’s physically impossible to put one there. I have my first tenant moving in next week!

     Hi @Maria Lamb! Looks like this was your first post on BP. Welcome to the community! I'm disappointed you've heard terrible things about us at Obie. We've got tens of thousands of happy and satisfied landlords across the US! If you have any specific concerns, I'm always down to chat on them or any other insurance topic!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.