BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
Hey guys --
It seems that some people are having trouble making a distinction between our PRO and PRO Basic accounts, and I believe that if we make a more clear distinction between the names, we can clarify any confusion.
Right now, if we talk about benefits of PRO, our PRO Basic users think we're talking about them -- even when we're not. I get it -- it can be confusing.
With that in mind, we're planning on renaming our PRO Basic account and would love your feedback for name ideas.
Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
12y
Let's see, the average age here is probably younger than half my age, at a discount rate of 10%, at current mortality rates the Pro account, as the present value, would be about $1,495.50, losing $478.92 as an average in present dollars to inflation over time, so Josh could consider a poultry sum $1,974.42, say $2,000.00 for the Super Duper Golden Advanced Pro Life Time Membership to start with. Now, if about 10% sign up, in year one, that gives Josh $2,000,000.00 up front.
But then, if Josh had 2 million over his current earnings, he'd be on some beach somewhere sipping rum with little umbrellas, the site would suffer and 1,000 people would be ticked off and ratings would drop.
So, my vote is to make him suffer and stick around to earn his money like me.
Holly, missed opportunity BP Man, I don't get paid here! :)
I agree with you, the "Pro" account is worth the investment.
However I have never liked the idea of using the word "Pro"... Especially since it doesn't mean a "professional" all it means is that a person bought a membership labeled Pro. IMHO it highly deteriorates the true definition of Professional which is : someone who does a job that requires special training, education, or skill according to Webster's.
With that said there are plenty of words we could use, heck society use minerals to label all of the time. Hard to confuse Platinum for Nickel
@Jerry Puckett
I agree with you, the "Pro" account is worth the investment.
However I have never liked the idea of using the word "Pro"... Especially since it doesn't mean a "professional" all it means is that a person bought a membership labeled Pro. IMHO it highly deteriorates the true definition of Professional which is : someone who does a job that requires special training, education, or skill according to Webster's.
Agreed. However in this case I was thinking more along the lines of what BP is offering rather than the subscriber themselves. The top of the line version offers some very professional tools, yet the more basic version is still adequate to conduct business.
Actually NO I didn't get yours at all....However thanks for the try...
If you'll allow me to rant one more time about this fact...
The difference between the Pro and the Almost Pro account is 100.00 a year as the PRO is 150....
IMHO everyone who reads, learns, is obsessed with, has BP saved as a favorite, home page or has their password saved in roboform should spend the buck fifty a year and promote the site.
After all the amount of free crap around here is crazy and worth a ton more then 150.00 a year..
What is 150, four dimes and a penny each day. Far too cheap not to become a Pro member.
Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
12y
I think it's to complicated as it is.
Just have a PRO account or free basic and then the difference will be very clear.
If people cannot spend 15 X 12 months = 180 year on a pro account then really that doesn't make sense.
People think about the THOUSANDS people spend on crap information out there and get taken to the cleaners with nothing to show for it. This site is an incredible resource but costs money to keep the lights on. If you do not find the info here likely you will be paying much more for it somewhere else.
To the people who say they do not have 180 a year to spend I bet if you were to analyze what you spend money on you do. Take all the drinks, eating out, cable, whatever and the 180 will easily present itself. Many people on here have made hundreds to thousands of times over their investment for a PRO membership.
Some people want to stay free and that is cool too. I still think just PRO and then free is the way to go. Each time you add more options it will not help for clarity.
Woodstock , IL · Member since 2013 · 22 posts · 8 votes
12y
"PRO" should ONLY be used for the full paid membership. BTW.... I just tried upgrading to PRO through my iPhone app and the app always crashes. It this doesn't get fixed, we won't have to worry about having different levels at all ;-)
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
12y
@Phillip Mazur - We're working on some updates for the iPhone app, however you can't upgrade via the app currently. Open the site on your phone's browser or use your desktop's browser and you can upgrade.
Specialist · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2011 · 698 posts · 629 votes
12y
A one time payment for life is not sustainable for the business. Yes it brings in cash right up front, but after that cash is depleted, there is no money for future upgrades. I cringe when I see some service I like offer a "Lifetime" option. I know it's just a matter of time before the service deteriorates, or the Lifetime members are asked to start paying more money again because the business tells them they will "go under".
I use some great keyword software that I bought several years ago for a one-time fee. They went along adding new features and improving the software for far longer than I thought they could (2-3 years) - but inevitably they had to come back and ask everybody for another round of funding to continue in business.
An annual fee for Biggerpockets is the highest ROI I have on all my investments. What I have learned and applied from this website has either saved me expenses, or made me profits, at a higher multiple in regard to the annual fee, than any of my investments give me.
As for my suggestion for the names of the three levels:
Moe
Larry
Curly
(Sorry, my Second City comedy training comes out every now and then)