• Investor
  • Mooresville, NC
Votes |
Qualified Intermediary Scam?

Brandon Lowery
  • Investor
  • Mooresville, NC
Posted Aug 7 2017, 14:03

Hi everyone...  I'm new to this forum, thanks for having me.

I'm in a little bind and need some help related to a 1031 exchange where a Qualified Intermediary is holding $113,344.93 of my money.   Looking for some advice.

It's this group- http://www.qualifiedintermediary.net/  (moderator, i hope it's ok to list the company, i would like to verify it's not a scam).

I closed on a new property today at 3pm (EST).   i told this Hetsler group last wednesday, 8/2/17 that today was the closing.   I reminded them on Friday, 8/4/17 and was told the funds would be wired into the account that night.   Didn't happen.   

I was told today by 10am the funds would be in the account.   Again, didn't happen.   Was told 2pm, didn't happen.    

They're dogging my calls and will not return emails/ or any correspondence related to this transaction.  I had a friend go by their "office" and it is a Regus key man office space.   

What are my options related to access to the funds to make sure they have not scammed me?   The dude's name is Robert Hetsler.   Apparently "Dr." but I'm not buying that is legit.  

Thanks everyone.

Loading replies...