1031 Exchange Crowdfunding?

3 Replies

Selling some real estate this year at record highs! The problem is that reinvesting is becomeing difficult!

Has anyone done 1031 crowdfunding? I like the idea investing in a sector I am not big enough for but getting the returns much more like "mailbox money" than my other investments (less headache it seems)

Here to see what everyones experience has been?

Originally posted by @Samantha Ferguson :

Selling some real estate this year at record highs! The problem is that reinvesting is becomeing difficult!

Has anyone done 1031 crowdfunding? I like the idea investing in a sector I am not big enough for but getting the returns much more like "mailbox money" than my other investments (less headache it seems)

Here to see what everyones experience has been?

Crowdfunding is great if you are an expert at evaluating offerings on your own. Crowdfunding makes real estate easily accessible, however, in regard to institutional/syndicated real estate investments, the advice of an expert who works in the industry every day, knows all the players and their track records, and performs due diligence on each offering is a great benefit to you and comes to you at no cost. You might consider using an investment advisor to evaluate which offerings are suitable and promising. Best of luck!

We've worked with lots of investors who have 1031 exchanged into assisted living. As you said, good way to 1031 exchange into a larger deal alongside other investors. 

Promotion
Avail
Landlording made easy.
Best-in-Class Platform for DIY Landlords
List unlimited units, screen tenants, draft and sign leases, and collect rent—all free.
Use Avail—Free!

@Samantha Ferguson

Similar to what Ryan is saying, we have been exploring the idea of adding private investors (i.e. 1031 exchangers) to our expanding assisted living operation. I have little experience with "passive" investments, since we are extremely hands-on with our company. I hear a lot about storage units, but I feel at some point individuals will think, how much "stuff" do they really need?