Goals, Business Plans & Entities

User Stats

Votes
Peri Reischel
Pro Member
  • Senior Marketing Manager, Memberships
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
👉Boldest real estate goal you ever set and how you achieved it!?

Peri Reischel
Pro Member
  • Senior Marketing Manager, Memberships
  • Denver, CO
Posted Jan 16 2023, 08:44

In honor of the annual Intention Journal Sale (25% off starting today!) -- What's the boldest real estate goal you ever set for yourself? Tell us what your goal was, the steps you took to achieve it, how long you worked at it, and what the outcome was! 

I'll go first: 

1. Goal: To get my first investment property before my 26th birthday. I set the goal 3 months before my birthday.  

2. Steps: Read Long Distance Real Estate Investing. I was living in California at the time. I scoured Zillow for a property that was cash flow positive from day 1. Found a $310K triplex in Louisville, KY. Added up all the numbers (mortgage, taxes, insurance, utilities, capex, maintenance, etc.) in my Excel sheet and found that it would cash flow. Used the investor-friendly agent finder and matched with @Rob Bergeron! Went under contract with an offer for $300K. Did a virtual walk through with a local inspector, no major issues but got some seller concessions for minor repairs. 

3. Outcome:
Closed 1 month before my birthday. Appraised for $310K so automatically made $10K at closing. Flew out to the property after closing and made cosmetic updates on all 3 units within 3-4 months (new paint, tile, etc.). Increased rents, increased property value. Current PITI is $1945 and rental income is $3250. Amazing tenants.

This was in September 2021. In the following months, we added 8 more cash flowing units in Lousiville, KY. Setting goals with hard deadlines + defined steps is so powerful! If you need some goal-setting inspiration, I highly recommend The Intention Journal by Brandon Turner. 

👇What's your boldest goal?👇

Loading replies...