• Involved In Real Estate
  • Richmond, VA
Votes |
Career/Directional/Game Plan Advice Needed

Chris Elliott
  • Involved In Real Estate
  • Richmond, VA
Posted May 23 2014, 07:39

Thank you for anyone and everyone reading this post and thank you advance for any and all perspectives, feedback, advice and criticism.

A little background to set the context:

Approx 10 months ago, I met a full time wholesaler at a REIA and joined forces with him, working under him on a split. After a few months of working with him, a deal in the works, and high hopes I quit my full time job. Got a good base of knowledge working with him and was actually able to close 3 deals with his help. Without going into the gory details, that partnership ended 2 days ago.

I'm at a place right now where I have approx 6 months savings built up relative to my expenses, which I would prefer not to burn through if its avoidable. I'm thinking about four different options (but I'm open to any other suggestions):

1) Bootstrap and just hustle hard to wholesale some deals and build upwards from there.

2) Try to join forces with another experienced investor working with/for/under them to get some income coming in and stay in the REI game.

2) Switch my license to a Remax (or other well branded brokerage) and become a full fledged retail agent and after I have a little more money saved up, begin marketing again with direct mail, or pursue another strategy.

3) Go get a 9-5 that would give me some income, and also nights and weekends to wholesale, or pursue another strategy.

Once again, thank you in advance for any and all perspectives, feedback, advice and criticism. I really that wisdom that is available to tap into here.

Loading replies...