Legal advice for flipping

4 Replies

Hi BP friends! I'm new to the real estate arena and looking to get started in flipping homes. Reaching out to you all for recommendations for a good lawyer in the Miami area. I'm seeking legal advice about if I should form an LLC and other legal questions.

Welcome to BP. Before talking to an attorney, I would invest several hours in your own education. Garrett Sutton has some decent books on LLC creation (e.g How to Use Limited Liability Companies & Limited Partnerships) .. .and the more you know about where you want to be, the less time you will spend on legal costs covering things you should have already explored.

I am all for legal advice.... just pay when you really need it, rather than for general information.

This for the heads up Chris! Much appreciated!

Hey John welcome to Bigger Pockets! I'm not sure anyone here will give you "legal advice" but utilize the search feature to the top right and you'll find a plethora of info regarding whether or not to form an LLC etc.

Definitely read The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing if you haven't done so already...priceless information is contained within. Also check out J Scott's The Book On Flipping Houses under the Learn tab above. He's one of the big dogs around these parts on house flipping. There's also a podcast or two that talk about corporate structure for house flipping so definitely check those out. Good luck with your future endeavors!

Hi John,

You can try Daniel Wagner from Wagner & Associates Law Firm. He can recommend and form your structure, and is an aggressive guy that you'll want in your corner if any issues arise with your real estate transactions.  He saved my bacon on my last deal.   You can tell him I recommended you to him - I don't receive any referral fees.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.