• Real Estate Agent
  • Portland, OR
Votes |
First summer as a Broker

Justin Green
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Portland, OR
Posted Jul 1 2014, 21:32

I made the jump about a year ago to explore Real Estate as a professional. Thought I would share my story here. I strive to be the best in any chosen profession and have become a great technician and leader in my current field. I am still working full time 50-60hrs a week in the technical IT field today. I set a goal of 5 deals in Real Estate this summer. Today I went into contract on deal #5 and it is only the middle of summer. My 5 deal goal was reasonable and shows that I can make a living doing this. It also shows my wife that all the late nights and weekends do actually produce income to feed our family. I am working M-F 9-5 plus OT and some weekends and travel the country with the technical job and practice Real Estate from 5:30pm-11:00pm most weeknights and every weekend and every day off. This weekend I lost 2 deals, Yesterday I closed, offered, and listed. I dream of the freedom of doing what I want and no longer being controlled by someone who has no compassion for my life or my family. The fear of failing is hard to swallow. I will fail. I have Failed and I have succeeded at reaching my Goal. I am loving this new path in life. My reasonable goal is done now the next 10 deals then quit my 9-5 to focus on 40+ deals next year. 100 the year after.

Loading replies...