***Official June Goals Thread***

15 Replies

Sorry for the late post, things have been busy for me. But I want to keep this thread growing each month so please share your goals with us!

Okay everyone, June is here! I hope you all were successful in obtaining your goals in May!

As I'm sure many of you know, goals are the foundation to success. Goals help us keep focused, motivate us, and give us something to pat ourselves on our backs about at the end of the day (or month). Without goals we are just wandering around in the dark, hoping to stumble upon success.

One aspect of goal setting, that is vital in its effectiveness, is recording or verbalizing them. Tell people about them so you will be, in a sense, held accountable for them. This will help motivate you.

Write your goals down so you see them everyday. I have a white-board in my bedroom with my yearly and monthly goals written on them. I see them every day when I wake up and every night when I go to bed. This kind of auto-suggestion has been studied and proven to be an effective way to get things done. Stay positive!

This thread will be a way for everyone to record their goals. Record them in this thread and revisit it often. Read the goals of your peers and people you look up to.

Ready...Set...GOGOGOGOGOGOGO!

I'll go first:

The last few months things have been busy for me and unfortunately I've let my goal setting slip through the cracks. I definitely need to get back on track though so here it goes:

1. Start setting aside an amount of money each month in order to get enough for a down payment on our first property. This is our number one goal because financing is our biggest obstacle at the moment.

2. Market our new website. We just spent the last few months working on our brand new website. This site will help us build a buyers list for wholesaling and retailing which will help us build some savings for our first property.

Usually I like to make more specific goals with measurable results but at the moment I just want to get some things down to get the thread rolling.

Thanks for the post, Andrew. My goals for this month are exclusive to the BiggerPockets website. My goal is to launch the new Property Directory and several other features that we've been working on.

Anyone else have any goals this month?

Its a bit quiet in here!

I would like to get our LLC established before the end of the month. We purchased our first duplex tis past December, and I would like to create the LLC and quit claim the property into the LLC asap.

I just need to have a meeting with my partner to go over the details of the LLC.

My goal for this month is to set-up a practical and effective online (and off line) leads generation/marketing campaign which I can stick to for at least 6 months.

I am partnering with another real estate agent to do joint off-line advertising, but I want to set up an online marketing campaign too. I like the idea of article writing. So I am glad that I found this forum and can benefit from the ideas of experienced online marketers.

My goals this month are to register for the Basic Principles Of Real Estate course (RE license course for TN) which takes place in July and get my website up, to begin marketing for buyers during the next two months.

I wanted to let everyone know that I already met my monthly goals! It feels good to say that and to share it with all of you.

I just wanted to update this post and let everyone know that my goal has not been completed yet, but is on its way. All of the papers for the LLC has been filed with the state, and we are just waiting on them to finish their work.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here