Skip to content
Goals, Business Plans & Entities

User Stats

Votes
Cody Barrett
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
Why I filed for a LLC. Only own 1 property too.

Cody Barrett
  • Phoenix, AZ
Posted Mar 9 2016, 19:50

One popular question on BP is the question of "should I file for a LLC" or "Do I need one?"

I definitely do not have that answer because everyones intentions, needs, and goals are different. 

But... I decided to file for one because of what I plan on doing with real estate. I think a lot of that decision goes into what you want out of this business and what your lawyer recommends. After speaking with my lawyer and telling her of my goals (short and longterm) we concluded that a single member LLC will do the trick for now. I only own 1 property at this point but I am working hard to grow and make that next investment asap. So eventually I will have a few properties and if assets from 1 property becomes under fire, I don't want my other properties to come under fire. So eventually I would assume series LLC's will be used to keep me safe. Again that is down the road but it also doesn't mean I shouldn't prepare a solid foundation to build off from when that moment comes. It is also not very expensive for me to file for one, which helps...

Again.. This post doesn't have any proper information in it for one to decide what is best for their business or themselves personally.  But I always enjoyed reading other people's experiences and why they decided to do something with their business so I figured I'd throw an experience out there. 

Good luck!

Loading replies...