• Flipper/Rehabber
  • Huntington Beach, CA
Votes |
?? to structure split w/ LLC - partner is conractor, I am RE agen

BJ Ralphs
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Huntington Beach, CA
Posted Jul 22 2017, 18:52

I am a Real Estate agent and my partner is a contractor. we are going to form an LLC to do flipping. I will provide all the downpayment $$ and make the deals with lenders, find the properties as well as market them when they are complete. My partner will do ALL rehab. - demo, to completion.

Here's my question: 

If my partner was NOT a contractor I would have to pay regular contracting rates. so..what is fair. he gets discounts on all materials needed which I will be paying for (out of our hard money loan - we will both be on the hook for the loans) if we are splitting the profits after sale 50/50 should he provide labor at a discounted rate - I don't expect him to work for free, but Is it fair to pay him full regular contractor prices and split the profits with him? --- If I hired another contractor and did this without him, I would pay the contractor the going rates and keep ALL profits myself. - so i'm trying to decide how to structure this where its fair for all. 

any thoughts? does anyone out there have a similar relationship? 

btw, the contractor is also my brother in law, our goal is to keep it all in the family and help each other. 

Thanks for your thoughts!!!

Loading replies...