Hi BP folks!
I am interested to know if anyone has experience setting up a Delaware LLC or Series LLC. I am intrigued by a Delaware LLC (or Series) for the following reasons:
- Confidentiality - as I understand, you do not have to name LLC owners or members when filing your certificate of formation
- There is not requirement to file annual tax reports and just an annual tax of $300 (for the state)
I am aware that I will need to work with a registered agent in the state of Delaware.
As far as owning real estate in other states, my plan is to leverage a trust which will hold title to the property. Then, my LLC will be a beneficiary of the trust. My understanding with this method is I avoid the need to register as a Foreign Entity in the state where I am holding property.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Hi @Corbin M. I am An asset protection lawyer, I was a bigger pockets guest, podcast #109, where I spoke in depth about asset protection. You may find answers to your questions in our podcast discussion.
Hope you find time to listen and get some useful insights.
Hi @Scott Smith , thank you for directing me towards that podcast. I have listened to it a few times since! Great stuff!
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community
Basic membership is free, forever.