360 Tour and Bird Eye View pic Apps/services?

6 Replies

Hey Guys,

So I came across a listing that included an overhead view of a unit and showed doors, dimensions ete. kind of like a blueprint. I can't for the life of me find out what App or service was used to create it.

There was another one that did a 360 virtual tour. Can anyone help me with this as well?

Thanks!

David

I'm actually following this thread, but I can't help.  Sorry.  But I don't want you to feel completely ignored.  :-)

It sounds like Matterport. https://matterport.com I don’t know much about them. Seem to be pricey. I’ve been wanting to look into it more.

MatterPort does this, and they're awesome! I believe Zillow has also released this feature, and has recently upgraded user interface. If they have not yet done so, it will definitely be available in early 2018! Happy to put you in-touch with the Director of Sales for MatterPort, if you would like. He's a very good friend of mine.

Best of luck to you!

From a google search: "The Matterport Pro2 3D Camera costs $3995 plus a monthly or annual Cloud Plan subscription. Cloud Plans range from $49 to $149/month, depending on the number of Spaces you create each month. Each new Space incurs a one-time $19 processing fee."

From the matterport website: https://matterport.com/frequently-asked-questions/

The plus is you could do it for other agents and make extra money. Charge them for the service, the space fee, and your time to do all the back end programming stuff. Maybe even build the cloud subscription fee into there to cover a month.

David,

I can confirm that Matterport provides the services you are looking for. I am a co-owner of a company in the Syracuse area that provides scanning in the Syracuse, NY area.

The technology is great, working with Matterport is another story. They've done a number of things to undercut our business.

I suggest contracting with someone who already provides the service as it can be expensive to bring in-house once you account for all of your costs. We had a cost accountant help us model out the true costs before we started; I won't share the exact numbers but I will say your costs per scan are inversely proportional to the volume of scans you do and does not reach an asymptote until you hit a decently high volume. Of course, reaching that volume is challenging because there are certain parts of the process that are time intensive. We chose to get into the scanning space because we knew it would be difficult for anyone who is not pushing for volume to justify the costs and be competitive.

Take away: good product, but do your research before jumping in and becoming a service provider.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.