• Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Trying not to get ripped off...Business Licenses and Permits

Brian Bistolfo
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Posted Nov 15 2017, 06:59

Hi All,

I'm in the process of incorporating an LLC to act as a lending arm for some of my deals, and I'm going the mostly-DIY route using incfile.com. On the last page they try to upsell you into some service and I can't tell if they're trying to get $100 off of me for something I won't need. This LLC will not hire employees beyond myself and the way I've structured things probably won't generate a profit (intentionally)...it's strictly to make a lending step easier. The incfile.com text reads:

"As a business owner, you are responsible for making sure your business has the proper federal, state and local licenses and permits to operate legally. 

To make it easier, our trusted partner will provide you with a comprehensive package of all the licenses, permits and tax registrations required for your business as well as the application forms to file with the appropriate licensing authorities.

Remember that operating your business without the required licenses can expose you to risks and fines from state and local governments. Don't let your new business stumble because you failed to get the proper licenses.

As part of the Business License Research Package, a LicenseLogix expert will:

Determine all business licenses and permits required at the federal, state, county, and municipal level. Provide you the proper license/permit application forms. List filing instructions, supporting document requirements and fees."

Given the barebones nature of this LLC, can someone weigh in on how unnecessary (or not) this upsell service is?

Many thanks to all!

Loading replies...