Complex LLC question

1 Reply

I am in the military and have Florida state residency, but live in CA. I do not have to pay CA income taxes and can file as a Florida resident as long as I am in the military. I want to form an LLC in Delaware to cover my out of state buy and hold properties in the Midwest (Kansas City, MO). Is there a way to avoid paying the CA $800 franchise fee since I do not file CA state income tax?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

  • Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you