I'm taking a business class and my assignment this week is to inquire about unmet customer needs and discover what competitive advantages a business must have to succeed. If you own rental property and use a property management company, I would be so grateful if you took the time to answer the following questions:
1. Why did you choose the property management company you use? What competitive advantage did they offer that attracted you to them?
2. As a income property owner, what do you feel is the greatest unmet need from your property management company?
Thank you in advance for your help!
@Ben Cochran I don’t really have any “unmet needs”. I picked mine because they were local, a “real” company with a few employees, had their own maintenance guy, etc. All of the “I wish” categories aren’t really reasonable. Sure, I wish it was 8% instead of 10%. I wish there were zero vacancies...ever. I wish maintenance costs were lower. Like every owner, there are 10 tiny categories I’d love to tweak. But I don’t think those things are reasonable. And I don’t really think I could do better myself. Most owners (including me) have some degree of “Monday Morning Quarterback” syndrome.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you