What is the best state to register an LLC?

2 Replies

So I am "house hacking" my primary residence I live in a mobile home in San Diego, CA. I rent half of it for over 1k per month. It barely covers the space rent and utilities. I also use my house as a home office. I'm planning on remodeling the office/kitchen area and would like to get a commercial loan instead of a loan under my name. I would also like to take advantages of tax deductions on business expenses. I plan to become a real estate investor that buys and holds on to turn-key properties in the mid-west and in Tijuana Mexico. What type of entity do you think would be best suited for my type of business? What state would give me the most liability protection? Would I need to register my business in San Diego in order to take advantage of the greatest tax deductions?

Please advise.

Thank you,

Tino.

The state you are doing business in is the short answer then you can foreign qualify it to other states from there.  International is a whole different can of worms.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you