Creating an LLC with your children

1 Reply

I keep hearing people saying they have set up LLC with their children who are minors and bought homes with it. I spoke to my attorney today, here in AZ, and he stated this isn't possible. Only if I create a trust then put the LLC in the trust.

For those of you that have done this, could you please provide me some insight on how you did it?

I would greatly appreciate it. 

Thanks!

Cynthia 

Originally posted by @Cynthia Andersen :

I keep hearing people saying they have set up LLC with their children who are minors and bought homes with it. I spoke to my attorney today, here in AZ, and he stated this isn't possible. Only if I create a trust then put the LLC in the trust.

For those of you that have done this, could you please provide me some insight on how you did it?

I would greatly appreciate it. 

Thanks!

Cynthia 

I think your attorney is correct. Why pay to have something put together that wouldn't withstand a court challenge? Plenty of people give bad advice on Bigger Pockets. You get what you pay for.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you