Skip to content
Goals, Business Plans & Entities

User Stats

Votes
Marc Weisi
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Jersey City, NJ
Votes |
Side Hustle Question: Home Inspector or RE Agent?

Marc Weisi
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Jersey City, NJ
Posted Nov 12 2018, 12:49

Fellow BPers,

I'm currently debating which role to pursue on a part-time basis: home inspector or real estate agent? A bit of background--I'm a relatively new investor (2 years and 3 properties/deals now under my belt) looking to take up a side hustle that will complement my investing and ultimately help me become a better RE investor. I am a single male based out of NJ and my full-time job is in finance, so I'm free most week-nights and weekends. Below are the questions that I'm looking to answer as part of this analysis. Any help/guidance is much appreciated.

- Which role will improve my investing (buy-and-hold, BRRR strategy) more?

- Which better suits my skills/interests? No help needed here, I'll take that one.

- Which will better lend itself to a part-time side hustle?

- Which is more profitable on an hour-by-hour basis generally?

Please let me know any thoughts you may have or if there are any important questions that I'm missing as part of this. Both roles will involve a significant investment of time up-front to educate myself (I'm a life-long learner, so that part will actually be fun (I know, weird right?)). As such, I don't want to start going down one road and realize I chose the wrong side-hustle. Thanks so much!

Loading replies...