Virtual Mailbox Suggestion

8 Replies

Recommendations for an affordable virtual mailbox? Would like to have a physical address that is searchable online. Do not want to put my personal address as it is displayed publicly forever. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Define affordable? Around my area you can rent an office space for ~$400/month. There are 4-5 offices on each floor of the building so the cost that would normally be pretty high is shared among several people.

If that isn't an option, a PO box is going to be your best bet. Unfortunately you won't have a physical address, but you will be able to receive mail.

Any particular reason the address needs to be searchable online?

@Alex Wojcik Talk to an independent "pack & ship" store (www.FindAShippingStore.com) or go to a The UPS Store. (I used to own an independent store)

These stores rent mailboxes and also give you the ability to use a real street address, like 123 Main St, #456, Anytown, MA 01234.

If someone researches the street address, they'll see that there are several companies registered at that address, giving the impression that it might be an office building.

This will probably be the most economical way to do it. Should be like $10-$15/month for the mailbox and it will provide you with the anonymity that you're after.

Originally posted by @Charlie MacPherson :

@Alex Wojcik Talk to an independent "pack & ship" store (www.FindAShippingStore.com) or go to a The UPS Store. (I used to own an independent store)

These stores rent mailboxes and also give you the ability to use a real street address, like 123 Main St, #456, Anytown, MA 01234.

If someone researches the street address, they'll see that there are several companies registered at that address, giving the impression that it might be an office building.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here