Skip to content
Goals, Business Plans & Entities

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Haberkost
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
I bought 2 properties in year 1; where do I go from here?

Daniel Haberkost
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Posted Dec 30 2018, 11:13

Hi everyone,

In a 22 year old investor looking for advice from those with more experience than me on where to go next. This was my first year investing in real estate and I purchased two properties (a duplex and a single- family that I house-hack) read numerous books, listened to dozens of podcasts, and met a number of successful investors through real estate meet-ups. I’m primarily interested in buying and holding property as opposed to flipping because I want to build significant long-term wealth/passive income.

I’ve learned an incredible amount from the two deals I’ve done and from a couple other investors who have taken the time to help me. In 2019 I plan to take significant action to start really building a business and working towards being in the industry full-time.

The key to everything in real estate is finding a good deal so I have been planning to work for free on the side of my day job for a wholesaler I know in order to learn how to find and buy distressed properties.

This seems to be the most logical next step, however; I’m well aware that I’m a newbie and know very little so I would love any advice or feedback from those who have been in the business longer than I have.

Any input is much appreciated!

-Dan

Loading replies...