Tips for a Successful Mastermind

3 Replies

Hey folks,

Per some great advice on the podcasts, I'm one of the co-hosts starting up a small Mastermind in my local Detroit Market. I've been part of professional development groups before but not having led one, do you have any insights on what I can do to serve our members well and maximize our time together? Below are my rough agenda points so far...I'd love to hear your feedback (please keep it professional and constructive). Thanks!

---------------

Please come ready to share and grow together in any of the following avenues. Bring any laptops, papers and notebooks, and business cards you'd like. The venue has wifi for our convenience.

• -Recent accomplishments/ hurdles
  • -Where do you need help/ connections
  • -Goal Setting & Sharing
  • -Haves & Wants
  • -Co-working, networking, resource-sharing

• ---------------------

@Cara Kennedy

I think that format you have looks to be great! I'm thinking about starting a contractor mastermind with a few fellow contractor in my area and by seeing this post you've sparked the will in me to reach out and start it. As for you agenda I think that will do just fine. Open it up to brief accomplishments and I would focus more on hurdles and current issues so those can seek advice and help with their struggles. Accomplishments are great but I think you learn more from failures over anything else. I once lost a lot of money on a botched deal and never even closed on it but learned more from that than any deal completed or any book or podcast. The group will run itself after it starts.

Good luck I'm sure you'll do well. Be sure to fill us in with how it goes!

@Justin Sullivan @Jim Pellerin - thanks for sharing your thoughts, gentlemen. Our first meeting was a great success! I was pleasantly surprised with his serious everyone took it and impressed that everyone walked away with a benefit/ tidbit of information to help their businesses.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here